Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Stock motor question >

Stock motor question

Stock motor question

Old 02-28-2006, 07:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Stock motor question

Why hasn't any major brand company, a.k.a. Trinity, Team Orion, Epic, ect. come out with a different endbell for their stock motors? With the new co27 why didn't trinity use the same endbell as the Cobalt modify motor? Or a stock motor with the Shock endbell? I realize Team Orion has that endbell kit, but who wants to spend $40 for an endbell. Is Checkpoint coming out with a stock motor?

Any response is appreciated
Old 02-28-2006, 08:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

there are rules involving stock motors. definitions that outline the term "stock" one of the main ones is that the cost of a stock motor must fall under a certain price range (i believe it's $40 msrp)... hence using something like a milled aluminum endbell is out of the question because manufacturers would make almost no profit at all on such an expensive piece...
Old 03-01-2006, 05:16 AM
Tech Regular

But then why didn't the price of mod motors go up dramatically when they released these different style endbells? The manufacturers must be making less of a profit than they did when only the D6 and other motors with the "standard" endbell were on the market. They only raised the price like $4. I think it would be awesome for Epic to release a stock motor with their Shock endbell.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:48 AM
Tech Regular

Think of how cool the CO27 runs, now think of how much cooler it would run with the Shock endbell......all those cooling fins.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Quite simple it is down to cost and margins on the 27 stocks.
The Orion endbell kit is more than a stock motor
But you do get them on a their 19 turn
Old 03-02-2006, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by skrivitz
Think of how cool the CO27 runs, now think of how much cooler it would run with the Shock endbell......all those cooling fins.
Yeah, it probably would be better that way, but then everyone would have to do it to stay on the same page, but that is the point of stock; it isn't necessarily the best way or the most efficient, it is so thaat everyone can afford to run the same equipment (in theory).
Old 03-02-2006, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Also, there are limitations on Mod motors too. Rules outline what kind of magnets, cooling vents, etc.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:30 AM
Tech Regular

All I'm saying is someone needs to design a unique stock motor(inovating). With a decent price. Over time the stock class could change to different motor designs, but still be "stock" as in budget priced and equal performance.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skrivitz
All I'm saying is someone needs to design a unique stock motor(inovating). With a decent price. Over time the stock class could change to different motor designs, but still be "stock" as in budget priced and equal performance.
Its called a Novak 4300 brushless motor . Budget priced when you consider you dont have to do all the maintenance and buy the tools necessary to do the maintenance.

Now they just need to figure out how to standardize it across vendors.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Integy has a 30 degree angled endbell...that's a little bit different then the typical laydowns but not much
Old 03-03-2006, 08:29 AM
Tech Master

They need to get rid of comms only having 3 segments. I mean, the motor in my vacuum cleaner is more advanced than that, lol.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:15 AM
Tech Regular

Smile

For innovation I am sure that Checkpoint will have something around the corner. There new Spec 19T has a locked endbell, and is machine wound to meet Roar specs. So adding a few more winds wouldn't be to hard in revising the design for stock.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:09 AM
Tech Regular

Talking

In my opinion Checkpoint could become the next Trinity, as in the dominent motor producer. But companies could come up with something innovative. To me stock motors are just plain boring. Hopefully Checkpoints stock and 19t motors come out soon!
Old 03-08-2006, 08:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

With the way Roar is taloring to trinity I doubt U will see any new stocks from anyone for a long time. Integy made the KOS with 2 different endbells a 30deg and laydown and from what I heard Roar didn't make it legal because of the mounting holes. But the rest of the motor follows the roar rules. So in my opinion if Trinity doesn't change stock motors Roar won't allow it. It sucks for other manufactures.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

ya know.....RC electric (brushed) airplane motors have somewhere in the ballpark of 9 rotors....and the comms are almost as big around as a dime! Next time you're at your LHS, ask to see a brushed airplane motor. I'd like to see something like that....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.