Search

Shopping in tokyo ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 01:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Shopping in tokyo ?

Does ANYONE know where the good hobby shops are in Tokyo.. especially :

- I was told akihabara was the good area, can anyone confirm and maybe give me a couple tips ?
- here is the impossible question: Does ANYONE know if you can buy KAI FACTORY PARTS in a hobby shop in tokyo ???

If anyone knows, congrats, this is a tough one

PS: you guessed right, i m going there soon
Old 10-20-2004, 03:19 AM
fai
Regional Moderator

Default Re: Shopping in tokyo ?

Originally posted by Patriiick
Does ANYONE know where the good hobby shops are in Tokyo.. especially :

- I was told akihabara was the good area, can anyone confirm and maybe give me a couple tips ?
- here is the impossible question: Does ANYONE know if you can buy KAI FACTORY PARTS in a hobby shop in tokyo ???

If anyone knows, congrats, this is a tough one

PS: you guessed right, i m going there soon
Patrick: Nearly all rc hobby shops are at Akihabara, Tokyo! Most of them are like supermarkets and we can easily spend 2-3 hours at each of them! HaHa. Do notice the 'brand' discount of each shop: for example, one may have 85% discount for Yokomo, another may have 80%!

Here are their websites:

www.rc-champ.co.jp
www.super-rc.co.jp
www.f-sangyo.co.jp

They've got map inside...

Wish you good journey!
Old 10-20-2004, 04:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Shopping in tokyo ?

Originally posted by fai
Patrick: Nearly all rc hobby shops are at Akihabara, Tokyo! Most of them are like supermarkets and we can easily spend 2-3 hours at each of them! HaHa. Do notice the 'brand' discount of each shop: for example, one may have 85% discount for Yokomo, another may have 80%!

Here are their websites:

www.rc-champ.co.jp
www.super-rc.co.jp
www.f-sangyo.co.jp

They've got map inside...

Wish you good journey!
Champ is the best one stop shop in Akihabara.. they have the best selection and best price out of all the shops

also try this link..

http://liaison.ms.u-tokyo.ac.jp/agusta/akihabara.html

-Dave
Old 10-20-2004, 04:20 AM
Tech Addict

thanks a lot guys
Old 10-20-2004, 05:44 AM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Champ store although has many things and it is very big, is located far away from akihabara!

I walked more than 30 hour from the center of akihabara to get there!

Nick
Old 10-20-2004, 06:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You could also try Super Radicon. Its along Showa Dori ave. exit at Akihabara station (Electric Avenue side-i think).

If you want the address in Japanese, check out the HPI site. It should give you directions as well.

BTW, I stayed in that store for almost 2 hours!!!
Old 10-20-2004, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I didn't see many hobby shops in Akihabara. I found one right at the begining of the "main" part of the street and bought some motors....but walking down the street, I didn't see hardly any.

Paulc- I didn't walk down that far so I guess I missed that one. My buddies and I kind of found a (clearing my throught) 7 story p@rn shop and had to check it out. The best hobby shop I went to while I was in Japan was in Hamamatsu. 5th floor of a shopping center. Crazy. I did spend about 2 hours peruzing their immense selection of stuff. It was crazy!
Old 10-20-2004, 07:24 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Shopping in tokyo ?

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Champ is the best one stop shop in Akihabara.. they have the best selection and best price out of all the shops

also try this link..

http://liaison.ms.u-tokyo.ac.jp/agusta/akihabara.html

-Dave
I didn't even see that.....That's the one I went to in Akihabara. Place was pretty cool.
Old 10-20-2004, 07:30 AM
Tech Addict

Is it just me or is there a bigger concentration of hobby shops in japan than elsewhere ??
Old 10-20-2004, 09:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

The best hobby shop I went to while I was in Japan was in Hamamatsu. 5th floor of a shopping center. Crazy. I did spend about 2 hours peruzing their immense selection of stuff. It was crazy!
Small world, I was in that same shopping center months ago! They have a floor for each type of thing you can buy: computers, cameras, appliances, media, hobby stuff.

I resisted buying too much there, because I had no room in my luggage for a brand new kit. (But I did have to do my civic duty and by my other half a kimono)

Maybe next time.
Old 10-20-2004, 01:29 PM
Tech Champion

How about RC Champ in Osaka, or Super RC in Osaka ?

Regarding RC Champ in Akihabara...... 30 minutes walking distance ? I don't mind if it only 30 minutes walking distance OMG.... I can't wait to shop

Is taxi expensive there ?

BTW off topic..... patrick ? you come from Paris ? very beautiful city man !!! I wish I could visit Paris again and shop at champ elyssee. I really love Paris in Summer, Winter, anytime

Last edited by asw7576; 10-20-2004 at 01:38 PM.
Old 10-20-2004, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by nnick
Champ store although has many things and it is very big, is located far away from akihabara!

I walked more than 30 hour from the center of akihabara to get there!

Nick
30 hour!? That was a long walk....
My favorite one was closed down some years ago when the noodle shop next door burn down.
I know a new one now and they just got everything. Donīt see it on the map either, and I have no clue abot the adress. But I know how to get there.
Anyway, I have been there like 20 times and they are hard to find, so thanks JDM_DOHC_SiR for the map!!
Will check it out the day after the Japaneese Championship. Perhaps see you there?

Another great shop is Rainbow Ten in Shizuoka, right to the Tamiya track.
Old 10-20-2004, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by grymg
Small world, I was in that same shopping center months ago! They have a floor for each type of thing you can buy: computers, cameras, appliances, media, hobby stuff.

I resisted buying too much there, because I had no room in my luggage for a brand new kit. (But I did have to do my civic duty and by my other half a kimono)

Maybe next time.
Yeah...that place was really intense! I stared at the capacitors and motor isle for the longest time! I also went with some friends to the Tamiya Headquarters R&D facility. Which is on the same lot as the Kakegawa raceway. Again, a great place! I was too busy with my host family and doing other things that I wasn't able to do more R/C related shopping, but what I did see was well worth it!.
Old 10-20-2004, 06:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

RC Champ is about 20mins walk from Akihabara station. What I normally do when I went to Akihabara, was to stop at Super Radicon (3rd floor is i'm not mistaken), then went to RC Champ (big RC shop). You can easily spend 3 hours in those shops. Look for the bargain RC items, normally bundled in the boxes on the shop floor.

If you have time, then go to Rakusei and Futaba Sangyo because it's on the opposite side of the station. I didn't go to Rakusei shop in Akiharaba coz I go to Rakusei Nagoya coz it's closer to my place and my airport (it's the same things they offer anyway). At Futaba Sangyo, sometimes you can get used motor comms for free...still in good condition, just need to lathe a little bit. My friend got a bundle of that and he paid 0 Yen.

In Hamamatsu, the shop you probably went could be Kidz Land in Joshin shopping centre. It normally gives 20% discount. At Akihabara, you can get 30% off depends on makers and bigger selection. Definetely thumbs up!

If....you are a big time team ATLAS fan...don't forget to visit Miwa Hobby shop in Nagoya..lol.. (err some 4 hours from Tokyo)

Cheers
Old 10-20-2004, 09:02 PM
fai
Regional Moderator

See, 2 hours at each shop!
'RC-champ' is really far away from Akihabara JR station. I can remember that contains lots of x-ray, yokomo parts... and is pretty crowd... Maybe it was lunch time period, when last year I was there!
This year I can't stay at Tokyo Ah, JAL/ANA are already full during Christmas period!!!
So, anyone know rc shops at Sapporo!?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.