Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OverGeared

Trx4 need radio gear and servo suggestions

Old 12-21-2018, 01:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Trx4 roller need help

Edit
help no longer required

Last edited by michaels tc; 01-11-2019 at 02:15 AM.
Old 12-21-2018, 01:33 AM
Tech Elite

I do like this body best for the trx..https://www.google.com/search?q=trx4...S9_YVEnPT7zVM:

good luck with your picks.. i6 sounds good if it works 100% .id check with actual users..make sure servos are waterproof.
Old 12-21-2018, 06:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Is it the Sport version? If no, then you probably be better off with the original Traxxas TQi 2.4GHz 4 channel radio system with cruise control - you can easily shift between low and high range transmission with a switch, you can also lock or unlock the front and rear differential with a flick of a switch, plus you can take advantage of the Bluetooth link via the Traxxas Link Wireless Module (TRA6511) that turns your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch into a powerful tuning tool for your TRX-4 (with the Traxxas Link App installed). https://www.amainhobbies.com/traxxas...ra6530/p357505

For the servo, Power HD just released their budget-friendly new waterproof HV servo LW-25MG https://www.asiatees.com/display?Pow...d=154618&pid=1 with a newly wiring outlet structure for enhanced waterproof function, having 36CM wire compatible with Traxxas TRX-4 wiring to the waterproof receiver box. Traxxas servos are known to have a slight dimension difference when it comes to the mounting holes. That being said, if you are using other brand servos, just start mounting them first on the left hand side (if the TRX-4's nose is facing away from you) - you'll find out what I mean by this. If you are planning on using a 3S LiPo you can opt for the JX CLS-12V7346 - powerful enough to turn your TRX-4 against the obstacles and elements but will definitely not break your wallet (I have these mounted on my trail trucks) https://www.asiatees.com/display?JX-...d=148565&pid=1. Just be aware that this servo is just water splashproof and not waterproof just as they claim it to be.

For the servo horn get the Protek brand (if your servo has 25T spline) https://www.amainhobbies.com/protek-...k-7819/p292308. We've tried other brands of servo horn, this one works best in terms of the servo horn not rubbing against the linkages when the front suspensions are fully compressed.

For the body, just go for the TRX-4 Sport body - really sturdy and can take a lot of crashes without cracking or breaking. You can also trim the body to adjust it with the free mods that you can do without buying a lot of hopup parts. You can refer here for some of the free mods that I am saying: TRAXXAS TRX4 SPORT BODY & BUMPER MODS UPGRADE FOR BETTER CRAWLING ABILITY!. If you wish to go for any other than the Sport then take note of the TRX-4's wheelbase which is 12.75 inches (324mm).

Hopefully these helps.
michaels tc likes this.

Last edited by OverGeared; 12-21-2018 at 06:05 AM. Reason: Edit
Old 12-21-2018, 08:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Hi everyone. I need to help

Hello. I am ltonser. And i need to help. hmmm
Old 12-21-2018, 03:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Think I need three micro servos I am thinking about trying these. Any good?
for Traxxas 1/16 #HD-1711MG, ,(HD-1711MG) by Power HD 4.8-6.0V Analog Servo 0.13sec/48.6oz-in/3.5kg-cm
Old 12-22-2018, 05:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by michaels tc
Think I need three micro servos I am thinking about trying these. Any good?
for Traxxas 1/16 #HD-1711MG, ,(HD-1711MG) by Power HD 4.8-6.0V Analog Servo 0.13sec/48.6oz-in/3.5kg-cm

Can't give any comment on the performance of this one, as I haven't use 'em before. Price wise it should be fine.
It's probably be ok to use this as a shifter between low and high range transmission as well as for the front and rear differential lock of your TRX-4. This servo is not splashproof or waterproof though - caution.

Last edited by OverGeared; 12-22-2018 at 05:09 AM. Reason: Edit
Old 12-22-2018, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

that power servo is ok.. keep it dry..