Wiki Posts
Search

LOSI xxx-nt gas truck .

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 03:23 PM
Tech Regular

Default LOSI xxx-nt gas truck .

g'day all ....
the offical losi thread is over stuck in the electric forum so il post my question here ...

just brought a roller from the usa and if any one could help me work out what the drake xxx-nts have that the stock ones dont .. trying to work out what i have plus upgrade it a-lil as well.. cheers ..
and also any one still bashing there xxx-nt .. love to see a few pics of sum race ones or bashers ....
Old 06-22-2011, 10:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The Drake came with threaded shock boddies with gold shock shafts while the standard shocks used clamps to set preload. Standard shock shafts were silver, not gold.

The Drake was all graphite while the standard XXXNT was plastic. You could tell the graphite by its different surface texture.

I'm not sure but I think the Drake came with gold hindge pins while the standard models had the silver ones.

The Drake also included titanuim turnbuckles, unlike the steel ones in the standard kit.

Thats all I can remember of the top of my head.

The Drake is a good truck for the track, I wouldn't expect it to hold up to bashing for very long. The graphite arms are very rigid and will break when they hit a sprinkler head or rock in the back yard.

I'd change out the arms for the standard plastic ones and you'll be good to go!!!

Hope this helps!
Old 06-22-2011, 11:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tdiddy
The Drake came with threaded shock boddies with gold shock shafts while the standard shocks used clamps to set preload. Standard shock shafts were silver, not gold.

The Drake was all graphite while the standard XXXNT was plastic. You could tell the graphite by its different surface texture.

I'm not sure but I think the Drake came with gold hindge pins while the standard models had the silver ones.

The Drake also included titanuim turnbuckles, unlike the steel ones in the standard kit.

Thats all I can remember of the top of my head.

The Drake is a good truck for the track, I wouldn't expect it to hold up to bashing for very long. The graphite arms are very rigid and will break when they hit a sprinkler head or rock in the back yard.

I'd change out the arms for the standard plastic ones and you'll be good to go!!!

Hope this helps!
cheeers bro ... in that case iv just got the stock one with plastic every thing and shocks with the clamps .. which is cool like ya said the drake arms will prob not take as much as the plastic ones .. thanks for ya help ... might go the Ti turnbuckle up-grade in the future just got to get it running and bang a mill on it and see how she go's .. my bros got both a pimped out rc10gt and mst-1 so this will add to the gas truck mix thats why i bought it .
Old 07-20-2011, 02:48 PM
Tech Regular

got bored so il bang up my lil project xxxnt .. its all together and running now .came as a ebay roller from the USA.just a super fun lil basha i get a massive kick out of driving .
i put on.
JAMMIN.12 sg engine on adjustable engine mounts .
revo clutch and flywheel.
1/10 touring car race header and pipe.
go-engines filter and cooler kit .
PL barcodes up front and hpi dogbonez down the back.
got a new body for it im gunna paint up, this is just the very" USA "body that came with it lol its ok but not my style .. because of the sg engine it sits alot further out to one side so i had to trim the body to fit the pipe .. i dont think it will like it to much sliding side ways into sumthing lol oh well..it came with thos on-road style tyres in the first pic , but i swaped them out plus changed out the springs on the shocks to set it up better. the hump pack is there because all the hump packs i have dont fit in the back soo oh well it lives there

LOSI xxx-nt gas truck .-photo0083.jpg
LOSI xxx-nt gas truck .-photo0151.jpg
LOSI xxx-nt gas truck .-photo0149.jpg
LOSI xxx-nt gas truck .-photo0154.jpg
LOSI xxx-nt gas truck .-photo0152.jpg

Last edited by sly6t; 07-20-2011 at 03:27 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Sweet.

I love the 2wd 1/10 trucks I actually have quite a few Mugen MST-1's and They look verry similar to your truck.
I take mine to the track for practice and bash them They are great fun and actually teach you some good driving skills ie throttle controll ect.
I wish you werent so far away we could take em for a spin.
Attached Thumbnails LOSI xxx-nt gas truck .-mugens-012.jpg  
Old 07-20-2011, 09:30 PM
Tech Regular

yeah sweet .. my bros got a mst-1 and 10gt ... thats why i bought this roller to race him .. but me having a .12 and him having a .18 on his rc10gt its hard to keep up on the straights but the .12 is way easyer to drive on dirt.

yeah that sucks about being in another state but ya right about how fun they are .. iv got a few 1/8 buggys and a sc10 but by far the funnest to drive is this lil losi ..

Last edited by sly6t; 07-20-2011 at 10:20 PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:31 PM
Tech Regular

today did a lil project ... i fitted a big race on -road .12 GRP NINJA carb to my jammin .12 force engine ... lol took a lil modding to the crank case inlet but all fits and works ... took it for a bash today and its got a fair more topend now and band comes on alot harder but it does lack a lil bottom oh well looks trick as im happy ..

LOSI xxx-nt gas truck .-photo0182.jpg
LOSI xxx-nt gas truck .-photo0181.jpg
Old 08-04-2011, 11:36 PM
Tech Regular

Mate I have the Drake edition Pipe If you want one let me know.
It really dosent suit my novas or Os's ifyou want it you can have it cheap No dents in basicly new condition.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:46 PM
Tech Regular

nah its cool , i like the touring car pipe bro .. but thanks anyways .. hows your 1/10 st going had em out latly

just bought a OS .15cr-x HYPER for my bros mugen mst-1 roller ... cant wait to get it out ..
Old 08-04-2011, 11:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sly6t
nah its cool , i like the touring car pipe bro .. but thanks anyways .. hows your 1/10 st going had em out latly

just bought a OS .15cr-x HYPER for my bros mugen mst-1 roller ... cant wait to get it out ..
No worries.
I havent had them out for a week or so Last time I took em to our local BMX track and I have givven my stepson two of them (I still have 5 and enough spares to make atleast 3 more). But his servo decided to puff up in smoke so I had a solo Bash sesh.(still massive fun with the Novarossi in it clearig trippls n going spastic).
Ive been doing alot of prep on m truggy getting it dialed for the next race day.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Just thought I would post some pics of what I did to my XXXnt AD2......I made an EDM (east coast dirt modified) out of it to do some dirt oval.
LOSI xxx-nt gas truck .-edm1.jpg

LOSI xxx-nt gas truck .-edm2.jpg

LOSI xxx-nt gas truck .-edm3.jpg

I will say that if you get tired of that Jammin .12, pick up a Picco .12 7 port....it flat wails
Old 08-05-2011, 02:54 PM
Tech Regular

thats pretty dam sweet bro ... iv looked at the picco and for my next mill for this im gunna go bumpstart .. either a picco.12 or one of the many STS race .12's ... but for now just wanna see how HARD i can get a lil jammin RTR engine going, an so far with a big carb and pipe its a lil rocket ship .

iv also got a problem , i keep breaking rear shock towers . broke my 2nd yesty .. broke one plastic and one graph .. i didnt want to go the alloy option cos of weight but i just bought one . only $8 more for the alloy and i no it wont break really easy .. not a fan of the bling alloy look so might paint it black or get my work to coat it . i was gunna make a CARBON FIBER shock tower but cos the body mounts are in it and the way its mounted to the diff , its a lil tricky and CBF factor ..
Old 08-16-2011, 04:58 PM
Tech Regular

lil update ... got a new body and painted it up ... just nice and simple .. think it turned out pretty sweet im happy .. also i put a billet alloy rear shock tower on it , im sick of braking the graphite and plastic ones ..

LOSI xxx-nt gas truck .-photo0213.jpg
LOSI xxx-nt gas truck .-photo0214.jpg
LOSI xxx-nt gas truck .-photo0215.jpg
LOSI xxx-nt gas truck .-photo0212.jpg
Old 08-16-2011, 06:07 PM
Tech Regular

Nice and simple But cool colour.(will defenetly stand out on the track).

Is that the Tamiya coral blue.?.
I have used that myself.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:25 PM
Tech Regular

yeah i think it is Tamiya coral blue ? .... looks sicks as , i painted white behind it , so it just makes it POP's ...

i drive a FORD BF XR6 TURBO ute , thats "BIONIC" blue ... its the same exact blue as this body thats why i pick it for this lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.