Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
Thanks Jim...Was expecting that.
Yep you need 8 ...16 if you have 2 cars
Old 11-13-2005, 12:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
Yep you need 8 ...16 if you have 2 cars
Corally's logic of selling them individually totally fails me.

And at such a price...
Old 11-13-2005, 01:06 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

And at such a price...
I know all these companies are in business to make money, but I can't think of one that more blatantly tries to gouge customers than Corally. Love the car and the support, but when this one runs its course, which will be a while hopefully, I'll have to reevaluate what company I want to support for that very reason.
Old 11-13-2005, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I know all these companies are in business to make money, but I can't think of one that more blatantly tries to gouge customers than Corally. Love the car and the support, but when this one runs its course, which will be a while hopefully, I'll have to reevaluate what company I want to support for that very reason.
Oh I dunno, seems like all cars have their expensive parts and reasonable parts, they all seem to end up costing the same bottom line by the time it get's all said and done.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

I don't think the low roll blocks are necessary. Lately we have been doing a lot of testing with stock roll centers or even higher.

Jeff
Old 11-13-2005, 05:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I can agree with that. The low roll blocks just seemed to lock my car down realy good..... which is exactly the opposite of what I needed. I'm actually running standar roll blocks in the rear (position 1) and the low roll blocks in the front (position 0). Seems to help the back end free up a bit through the middle and exit of the corner.

-Korey
Old 11-13-2005, 05:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Happy to report that the Losi C block and steering knuckle work awesome. Used the 6 deg C block, JRXS steering knuckles, Losi axles, and AE hexes. Used the rear hole for the ball stud on the steering knuckles, with no spacers under it. Also, used a Losi short neck ball stud for the camber link. The Losi CVD axles will join right up with the RDX MIP dogbone.

Ended up ripping a front arm off the car in the Mod TC main, but the C block/ steering knuckle held up FINE. I was tapping the boards all day, with NO damage. But, in the main, a radio glitch made my car not turn when it needed to, and ran into the end of a board.

As it happens, I ran the first practice run with the stock RDX parts, and ended up splitting a steering knuckle all the way across. And I didn't even hit anything that hard. No more Corally garbage C blocks or steering knuckles will ever again be on MY car.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:56 PM
Tech Regular

And at such a price...
Bill I would stick with the stock roll center blocks, I changed to the ultra lows and there was no difference. Save your self 80.00. If you were running mod they might help. In stock or 19 we need our cars to rotate at our track.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Yeah, I need to post my stock/19T foam setup..... It was pretty darn good with the standard blocks. I'll dig through my setup sheets and see if I can find it.

-Korey
Old 11-13-2005, 08:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gotyournumber
Bill I would stick with the stock roll center blocks, I changed to the ultra lows and there was no difference. Save your self 80.00. If you were running mod they might help. In stock or 19 we need our cars to rotate at our track.
Thanks for the input; but, too late. I should have stuck around longer after my post.

Already went to San Jose to pick up the suckers for Corally's $78 toll (w/tax).

By the way, I got the carpet version of the RDX.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

No more Corally garbage C blocks or steering knuckles will ever again be on MY car.

had to recheck... yup i am on the Corally site..busting aluminum C-hubs.. thats pretty harsh..

ok ok... quick update of my weekend race.. We had our annual Carpet Clash this weeked.. in the field of 98% Xrays.. i am currently now the only RDX Driver amongst our locals.... well, running against a few big names.. i did manage to qualify 10th making the A-main in 19turn sedan.
RDX finally started to run much better as traction came up.. lap times showed, eventually my times were as good as the majority of the crowd.Well i managed a 7th place finish!! Our top drivers are Mike Dunnigan, Craig Xavier, Billy Spence, Andrew Gray... and many more fast guys on the way up!! Most running Xrays.

I need to give a shout out to Jeff Cuffs for the quick responses on setup tips!! Also to 1fastdude..

rcfreak
Old 11-13-2005, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Old 11-13-2005, 09:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Car choice

There seems to be a divide between Xray and the RDX as to which is a better car. I am getting back into the hobby after a year lapse and I am in the market for a new car. Most of the guys at my track are running the T1FK05 but I think the RDX is a better car. Can someone tell me the main advantage of chosing the RDX over the x-ray?

Thanks!

JB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.