HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 02:25 AM
Tech Rookie

)" Pull your engine out and adjust clutch nut so that 1 - 2 threads of the crank shaft are visible beyond the nut (assuming you assembled things correctly). Assemble bearings and clutch bell. Start with 2 silver shims and one copper shim. (silver shims are thicker than copper). The shims you add must stay on the screw collar when you tighten down the clutch bell screw, otherwise this will bind the clutch bell.

When installing the clutch end screw, I usually hold the engine with the clutch bell on in one hand pointing the crankshaft down towards the ground and with my other hand I use the allen driver to insert the shaft screw upwards (screw is mounted on the allen driver). This way the shims seem to stay on the collar while you are tightening the shaft screw.

Now spin the clutch bell and verify it freely spins (no drag) and you have 1- 1.5mm of end play. Add/remove shims to acheive this.

(2) with the engine out - verify drive train freely spins by grabbing both rear tires simultaneously and spin them.

(3) Make sure you have the engine idle screw set properly as well as this limits the amount the slide carberator will shut. When you have the engine installed and servos operating, give the car full brakes ( engine not running ). Look into the carb and verify that the carb opening is about 1/16th - 1/8th inch from closed position.

Now maybe you can give us more information after you tried this.

Good luck!"

the last paragraph of #1 i've done repeatedly, and it spins freely but when i screw it in theres no play at all but it still spins fine..............should i or rather does it make any sense to back out the shaft screw??
Old 04-22-2005, 06:56 AM
Tech Regular

Now maybe you can give us more information after you tried this.

Good luck!"

the last paragraph of #1 i've done repeatedly, and it spins freely but when i screw it in theres no play at all but it still spins fine..............should i or rather does it make any sense to back out the shaft screw??

end play should be checked after you tigthen the screw as you have done. OK try this, pull out one silver shim and replace it with a copper one. Tighten the screw and re-check.

Don't loosen the screw - that will be a disaster. in the end you will need some slight end play "after" the screw is tightened.
Old 04-22-2005, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Hey farkk- Welcome!
Old 04-22-2005, 08:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hark- I'm sending you another video clip...
Old 04-22-2005, 08:19 AM
Tech Elite

Klander- Kewl man. I'll try to get vids also when my friend and I get together again.

Jag-THNX SO much for the charging tip. It finished around 2am and when it was in my box it was REALLY strong! Gonna try to break that monster in today. I'd really love to see it run.

To all-Anyone also removed the RX box on their ride? I noticed my connector from the ON/OFF switch is a bit short so the RX has to be to closer to the opening. I'm gonna try to get rid of it and see how it does. I only fear it getting messy or stripped wires, but that's nothing a good balloon can't fix. Also hows this for a mod. Instead of removing the whole rx box, cut out the inner portion and use double sided tape to keep it inside the box. This will allow the wires to not get scrunched up.
Old 04-22-2005, 08:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

mmm that sounds ok, give a try and see if the wires don't look n trouble of getting scrunched or cut by the side belt. I thought about getting rid of the box also and put the receiver on top of the graphite deck, in front of hte gas tank or maybe slightly to the right side, but what about weight distribution??? I guess it might works, but surely I don't know how it's going to handle.

P.S. Hark- check your Gmail ok
Old 04-22-2005, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

That's true. I was more concern of the weight being thrown off. I'll check my gmail right now.
Old 04-22-2005, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Kewl vid! I'm gonna go try my starter box now that the battery has been refreshed.
Old 04-22-2005, 10:32 AM
Tech Adept

i am not using a RX box. i juz tape it onto the trottle servo.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

You tape the RX to the Throttle servo..way over there?
Old 04-22-2005, 11:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default hello

Originally posted by KLANDERMAN
Hark- I'm sending you another video clip...
hello. KLANDERMAN. can send me the video clip to me? wanna to see too... or give me the wedsite i go and download. send it to me at [email protected] thanks...
Old 04-22-2005, 11:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

novaking the video is on it's way, if you dont get it, i'll invite you to get a gmail account.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default hi

KLANDERMAN i dun have la... so how? lol...
Old 04-22-2005, 11:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

hey bro the video has been sent, check your box...
Attached Thumbnails HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-opel-astra-back.jpg  
Old 04-22-2005, 12:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default hi

i am creat a new Gmail already...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.