Community
Wiki Posts
Search

B4.2 vs RB6 vs DEX210 vs Cougar SVR vs B-MAX2 vs 22

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 09:24 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Team G Racing
Like I said in my previous post, I haven't broken ANY parts on my durable RB6. I am not here to get in any "fights" if I was I would be on the Traxxas forum. Please keep your sarcastic comments to your self. Thank you!

Not being sarcastic...
You posted the K car is first in quality.

I countered that statement by
showing everyone where the Ae is even better .. ...
Old 06-03-2013, 09:26 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Not being sarcastic...
You posted the K car is first in quality.

I countered that statement by
showing everyone where the Ae is even better .. ...
Every car has its highs and lows. Some more than others
Old 06-03-2013, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

b4 in my experience are made of glass. my rb on the other hand i have delivered a royal beating to it and nothing has broken yet
Old 06-03-2013, 09:37 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by 84 GT 5.0
b4 in my experience are made of glass. my rb on the other hand i have delivered a royal beating to it and nothing has broken yet
Old 06-03-2013, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

in all my racing i still have not run into any of these fragile or made of glass b4's.
never seen a guy mad that the same part broke again, or frustrated with breakages.

where do all these fragile b4's live?
Old 06-03-2013, 09:55 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by kaiser
in all my racing i still have not run into any of these fragile or made of glass b4's.
never seen a guy mad that the same part broke again, or frustrated with breakages.

where do all these fragile b4's live?
Where do all of these durable b4's live
Old 06-03-2013, 10:00 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Being that I currently own a complete fleet of Losi and Associated and have driven the RB6 and DEX210 I personally love the way the RB6 was set up. It was smooth as glass and very predictable, probably smoothest car I have ever driven, hence the reason he probably my biggest competitor on a weekly basis. That being said they are expensive, and my shop carries few parts, although the only part I have ever seen break was a rear axle a time or two.

I ran mostly Losi all last year and found them to be the most durable, and mid priced out of the box although you have to buy all the hop up parts. It took a lot longer to get setup how I wanted it(lots of steering), and a bit of a handful when the track dried out and got loose.

Last part of last season I switched to Associated(more steering) and all the hop up parts come with it. Since then I have not turned back. Associated is pretty much locked in all the time and very consistent. About the only thing I regularly change is the tires and battery position, everything else stays the same.

I got my Losi buggy set up perfect now too, but like I said it has been a chore. Associated was set up in 2 race days and the Losi took about 6 months. Now the kids run the Losi and I keep the AE all to myself!
Old 06-03-2013, 10:07 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I forgot durability...

Losi 22 = two rear control arms
Losi 22T = 4 front steering knuckles until I went to aluminum

B4.2 = no broken parts... yet
T4.2 = broken rear arm and shock tower... Poor track conditions and the 6.5 motor on the face of the triple launching into the stands... it was spectacular!

And as always you MUST build any Associated with RPM ball cups or you will be replacing them all... FYI
Old 06-03-2013, 10:10 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Bellydragger
I forgot durability...

Losi 22 = two rear control arms
Losi 22T = 4 front steering knuckles until I went to aluminum

B4.2 = no broken parts... yet
T4.2 = broken rear arm and shock tower... Poor track conditions and the 6.5 motor on the face of the triple launching into the stands... it was spectacular!

And as always you MUST build any Associated with RPM ball cups or you will be replacing them all... FYI
A 6.5 in a T4.2??? hows that thing running??
Old 06-03-2013, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

The b4s only durable on a shelf. Everyone I know who runs the AE upgraded almost everything (ball cups, steering rack, hubs) on that car the moment they run it a few times on track. If your a pro who can afford to run pretty much a new car every race day then the B4 is golden, I will stick with my cheaper in the long run kyoshos (which are higher quality). That said, for stock class nothing can beat that AE car but nobody said stock racing was cheap .

Anyways the first reply was pretty much spot on. I have tried the schumacher (over engineered and heavy and breaks easily with a hard to tune ball diff worst shocks for this level of kit yet), the dex (best stock ball diff yet, super tunablity but just does not work for me kinda like the tlr22 needs a very specific set of track conditions for it to work well) and the rb6 which I now got which have been good thus far. Haven't driven the other cars so cannot comment on those.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I am not brand loyal by any means. I like the 22 and B4 but they feel very much different on the track. I think they are both great cars and both very durable. Out of the box the 22 will bend turn buckles and the B4 will crack ball cups. They are the only part that requires immediate attention. Otherwise they are both very tough but the 22 being a bit tougher.

If you are breaking either car you probably deserved it.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Where do all of these durable b4's live
i guess they all live in ct. no one's ever complaining except for the few morons who use the kit supplied ball cups. btw durango's ball cups are just as bad. ae's replacement ball cups are fine, not the same as the kit cups.

then again, my factory team b4.0 was made in 2006, original arms, hubs, i did break a rack last year, but it was 8 years old. lol
Old 06-03-2013, 10:25 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by kaiser
i guess they all live in ct. no one's ever complaining except for the few morons who use the kit supplied ball cups. btw durango's ball cups are just as bad. ae's replacement ball cups are fine, not the same as the kit cups.

then again, my factory team b4.0 was made in 2006, original arms, hubs, i did break a rack last year, but it was 8 years old. lol
I just do not understand why AE will not just make better ball cups?? It is a common issue EVERYBODY has complanied about?? Oh well, maybe the B5 will have them
Old 06-03-2013, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I just do not understand why AE will not just make better ball cups?? It is a common issue EVERYBODY has complanied about?? Oh well, maybe the B5 will have them
Why wont they make a U brace that's already shaved? AE drives me nuts with stuff like this. But it is what it is. When you get over the little things its a really good car.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:38 AM
Tech Legend

Ae ball cups hanging on wall are made over here and are great ...

U brace originally came flat , no stump .
They upgraded so to be stronger mount for the stud and needs no shims under the ball stud when using the standard plastic rear hub.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.