Guys, will this be worth the wait ?
http://www.rc-mst.com/product_car_in...n2=119&sn=2875
Old 08-16-2016, 04:17 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikaR
Guys, will this be worth the wait ?
http://www.rc-mst.com/product_car_in...n2=119&sn=2875
It does look interesting. I've about given up on the D4 for RWD. I'll have to see when these come available.

Just checked eBay. It's avaliable. Not in this months budget.
Old 08-16-2016, 10:19 PM
Tech Master

Indeed, found it too, on eBay. Thanks!
Old 08-17-2016, 09:40 PM
Tech Master

Any experience on this one yet?
http://os.3racing.hk/carkits_web.php?carkits_web_key=83
Old 08-17-2016, 10:22 PM
Tech Initiate

I recently purchased a brushless drift car and it has awesome quickness and speed but i didnt like how it was all over the place. Im new to drift cars. My thing is 132ft drag with a monster jato. So what i did was purchase some contact foams. I have taken the drift from the car but ive created a straight shot arrow now i can take to the drag track. They laughed at my 1/10 on road car when i staged up but what they didnt laugh at was the rocket when i hit the whole shot and dragged a castle mamba monster powered rustler. Many props to the drift cars and on road cars out there mine made me a winner at the drag track with just changing from rubber to foams with no prep on concrete yea!
Old 08-17-2016, 11:08 PM
Tech Master

foams will always perform better for sure
Old 08-18-2016, 12:00 PM
Tech Initiate

YOU ARE CORRECT BUT AT THE SAME TIME I LIKE THE DRIFTING ASPECT OF THESE CARS ALSO. WHERE IM FROM DRIFT CARS ARENT A BIG THING. ITS MOSTLY BUGGYS, RUSTLERS, JATOS, A MILLION AND ONE T-MAXXES AND TRUGGYS. DIRT AND DRAG IS VERY POPULAR IN La. THE ON ROAD AND DRIFT CARS POSTED ON THIS SITE AND IN THESE FORUMS ARE SOME VERY FINE LOOKING AND EXPENSIVE. IVE NEVER BEEN INTO THEM AND EVEN THE ONE I HAVE ISNT MY FAVORITE BUT I RESPECT THEM AS MUCH AS ANY OTHER R/C AND WHAT THEY DO. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE EVERY CATAGORY OF R/C RACING EXPAND AND GROW BUT IT AINT HAPPENING AS FAST AS WE WOULD LIKE IT TO. IM A R/C'ER FOR LIFE AND NOBODYS GONNA TAKE THAT AWAY FROM ME.
Old 08-19-2016, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

Ok, cool

I bought a steering fixed RWD Sakura D4 with Oxygen conversion and sanwa gyro and servo from a local drifter.

It's gonna be my 1st real drifter.

I haven't seen that car on track but presumebly it will be good enough for the price, let's see. I do hope

It comes with tires for the local track, no body, but includes magnetic body posts, too.

I bought hobbywing quicrun 60A and 10.5T brushless sensored for electrics.
Old 08-19-2016, 08:37 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikaR
Ok, cool

I bought a steering fixed RWD Sakura D4 with Oxygen conversion and sanwa gyro and servo from a local drifter.

It's gonna be my 1st real drifter.

I haven't seen that car on track but presumebly it will goid enough for the price, let's see.

It comes with tires for the local track, no body, but includes body posts, too.

I bought hobbywing quicrun 60A and 10.5T brushless sensored for electrics.

Good luck. Did it come with a gyro? I tried but without one RWD is almost impossible.
I did breakdown and buy a set of new tires for my D4. Designed for pavement and concrete. See how they work. If the tires alone were biggest problem or do I still have others things to fix.
Old 08-19-2016, 08:41 AM
Tech Master

Yeah a sanwa gyro

Tires are important that's why asked the seller what could work on the local track

He has several drift cars and he kept one D4 for himself I think

Sorry I fixed my post earlier, had some typos

Last edited by MikaR; 08-19-2016 at 10:54 AM.
Old 08-20-2016, 01:47 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default hpi pro-d

Have finally decided to retire the Losi XXXS G+ which was set up for drifting. Luck would have it that a NZ collector is downsizing their fleet of shelf queens & amongst them was a hpi pro-d. I don't know anything about it except I've read people saying good things about it & it looks real good. It's been a shelf queen all of it's life & has no upgrades. Is there anything I need to know about them or upgrade before using & what's your opinion about this chassis? I've had two hpi models in the past a stock e-savage & modified 5T. The pro-d is nothing like the other two & I hope to have it much longer. Have a few pictures from the auction site it was being sold on & a crazy RX7 body to put on it.
Attached Thumbnails Drifting cars-image.jpg  

Last edited by rcmadkiwi; 09-03-2016 at 09:16 PM.
Old 08-20-2016, 04:09 PM
Tech Regular

IIRC the Pro-D saw limited production and is somewhat rare to find in drivable condition, especially with all parts in like new condition. Take care of it!
Old 08-20-2016, 07:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wareagle84
IIRC the Pro-D saw limited production and is somewhat rare to find in drivable condition, especially with all parts in like new condition. Take care of it!
Oh, hope that parts are still available as that's why I stopped running the Losi. Just looked on eBay & at least what's there is cheap. Does anyone know of anywhere else I can find parts at a reasonable price? May have to hold off using it until I've got a decent parts supply for maintainance. Is there anything I should upgrade first before using it & was there aftermarket parts/upgrades made for this chassis? The Losi is decked out in the Trinity alloy upgrades & it seams strange to be using something standard out of the kit.
Attached Thumbnails Drifting cars-image.jpg  
Old 08-24-2016, 12:20 PM
Tech Master

Hi got pretty much completed our second fazer with lights attached to the chassis and with Toyota mark II body. 6 front lights, park (rear), brake lights and signal lights in all corners plus blinking blue lights in the pipes on the throttle.

Next, I'm gonna finish the Sakura D4 for indoor season. Fazers are for outdoors.

Last edited by MikaR; 08-24-2016 at 12:34 PM.
Old 08-25-2016, 04:15 PM
Tech Regular

My drift car. Everyone should have one; drifting is good practice for all forms of racing.
This is a TT02 with locked rear diff. and 17.5 motor. A few aluminum upgrades on the suspension, oil shocks, but mostly stock with the high speed gear option.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.