Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

ahh haaa thats Exactlly what i was lookingfor..also if i run 10.5 might help out there as well...and lets stop talking about the updates thewre gonna do, and supply them..the time isw NOW...just got a rs, and possibly a pro if i see a sign that the update is in near future, or just hold out for the sxx stockspec...or the bd....make me a believer..LOL....in all seriousness i like what i see, and ran tekin MANY years ago...g11 i think was the last, not sure tho 20 years ago give or take...
Old 12-11-2009, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

if you are looking for the fastest for a big race, then you will be chasing speedos for a while. I know that it was ko in the beginning of the year, then the spx, then the tekin and now the BD. and just saw that the Castle is mucho fast in 2 cell TC. so if you are chasing, good luck, and I hope you have a big pocket book. as for running tekin, I know that they have the racer at heart and will have something as soon as they can.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

I have faith in the Tekin crew. This is really the first time the RS has ever really been "behind", and I'm sure a forthcoming update will take care of that.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:41 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by liquiddog
I definitely want sensored so it looks like the RX8 is out. I knew there must be some difference. I'll probably stick with the RS Pro because it may one day end up on a off-road 4WD if Tekin comes out with a new hardware revision. It looks like the price difference is $50 which isn't a huge leap.

That's a crazy setup with the liquid cooling. What liquid are you using? Is there a website somewhere that details doing something like that? I'm not saying I'm going to do it myself, just curious.
The picture on Tekin's website shows a sensor slot on the RX8. Oh I see...that is for dual mode. So it is sensored just only at the start then switches over to sensorless. That way it won't have the starting issue sensorless has.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarryLeach
I have faith in the Tekin crew. This is really the first time the RS has ever really been "behind", and I'm sure a forthcoming update will take care of that.
yes than if the update comes, and they take care of it, i have to agree, youd pretty much have to bank on them.Lets see..sounds great...im already in, i was just concerned that i just picked up this gear, and maybe a new esc all togther was in the makings, and i know about the hotwire..but, we all know how this r/c game plays out....IM IN!!
Old 12-11-2009, 12:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Anyone else notice Randy hasn't been on in 3 weeks? He must be working on something big! (I hope).
Old 12-11-2009, 12:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
Anyone else notice Randy hasn't been on in 3 weeks? He must be working on something big! (I hope).
I was thinking the same thing. Well with some of the speculation about what software (hardware?) is needed to stay ahead of new developments, it's probably best to lay low until something new is ready. At least he hasn't had to hear "how long?", "is it ready??"
Old 12-11-2009, 12:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie
I was thinking the same thing. Well with some of the speculation about what software (hardware?) is needed to stay ahead of new developments, it's probably best to lay low until something new is ready. At least he hasn't had to hear "how long?", "is it ready??"
No kidding, I'm sure he's gotten e-mail and PM mugged when he's announced "new update coming soon" previously. Hopefully silence means dedicated work and no "the new update is great but not ready" teasers, just ready for release when it does come.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

trust me he is hearing it. I ping him at least once every couple of days. lol
Old 12-11-2009, 12:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

GREAT,Let's take back control.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mikky32
Put some putty on the moro were the sensor cable is and were the wires are on the motor.
The motor can become wet from the inside and you will not finish the race as that happens.

I used a custom made rain inner body. My car stayed dry and no head problems with the RS Pro.
Also in the summer no head problems with a 10,5T.
Siliconed on the outside of the sensor wire and circuit board and sensors inside are covered in a conformal coating.

Skiddins
Old 12-11-2009, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

That is smart. And the place were the wires are solder't to the motor?
That is still open or not?
Old 12-11-2009, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mikky32
That is smart. And the place were the wires are solder't to the motor?
That is still open or not?
Usually Blue Tac, or duct tape, but water and crap get into the motor through the mounting holes etc. and even through the bearings, it's the sensor board that causes glitching problems.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEbMuUKZA5U

I ran two weeks ago in the worst weather I have ever put my car down in, water up to 20mm deep in places...I was the only car at the meeting left still running

Skiddins
Old 12-11-2009, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

I didn't now that that was possible with a brushless motor.
Were did you get that silicone from?
Old 12-11-2009, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

I have Sunday a race. It's the second of 5 races in the Fun drive in Belgium.
The first race was better than I could hope for with a 4th place.
This time a lot of drivers think that I can do the same or even faster after some training days.
The last 2 weeks I didn't train a lot except with the 1:18 so tomorrow I must see if the changes that I did in the setup will work.
I geared a bit lighter and I'm going from 8 on the Boost to 5.
Turbo delay from 0,3 to 0,2.

There will be not much Tekin drivers. The only Tekin drivers that will be there this Sunday are all Dutch. All the Belgium drivers, drive with a SPX.
There are 4 Dutch drivers were 3 of them use a Tekin RS Pro.

I will let you now how it went.
The nr 1 is to fast but the others are about the same speed.
The layout is not my favorite layout but it's good for the Tekin speedo.
Short straight's and a lot of slow corners.
The largest straight is about 24 meters.
10,5 lipo on that track is just like mod. I love it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.