Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC5 >

Team Associated TC5

Team Associated TC5

Old 09-29-2009, 09:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I just take the top plate off, and take the spur gear side layshaft cam off. no diff needs to be removed
Old 09-29-2009, 09:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

so do I, but these guys have different rear bulkheads that require one bulkhead be removed.

--pakk
Old 09-29-2009, 10:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I haven't really paid much attention to this thread as I am an offroader in the summer. What's the benefit of flipping the belts? What's needed to do it or is it literally just flipping the diff's and the layshaft? Will the oneway still work with flipping the belts?
Old 09-30-2009, 03:14 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Scottmisfits
I haven't really paid much attention to this thread as I am an offroader in the summer. What's the benefit of flipping the belts? What's needed to do it or is it literally just flipping the diff's and the layshaft? Will the oneway still work with flipping the belts?
I flipped my belts because of the 'new improved' bulkheads I bought. With these bulkheads I found the pinion interfered with the belt, so I switched them around to solve that problem. You simply swap the belts over and flip the diffs, easy. As a bonus it is also much easier to change pinion now with them flipped. Downside is that you cannot use a one-way without modifying it, you basically have to switch which side the pulley sits on the one-way and them shim it out to the correct position, there are pictures earlier in the thread, no idea where though.

Regards

Neal
Old 09-30-2009, 03:16 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Nick Priest
My tc5r now for sale, after a good 8 months run I fancy a change of car and a rest from Tc driving for a while

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...5r-spares.html
Hey Nick,

I see that you use the TRF shocks on the TC5, I was considering this too, my car doesnt really handle the bumps as well as I would like.

My question is, what adjustments to the mounting brackets for the TFR shocks need to be made? Can I use the ballcups and upper mounts from my current TC5 shocks?

Cheers

Neal
Old 09-30-2009, 03:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

You can also mod it so you can have your servo perpendicular to your chassis, if you're using a lpf servo you will have much more room for your electronics.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Redwood
Hey Nick,

I see that you use the TRF shocks on the TC5, I was considering this too, my car doesnt really handle the bumps as well as I would like.

My question is, what adjustments to the mounting brackets for the TFR shocks need to be made? Can I use the ballcups and upper mounts from my current TC5 shocks?

Cheers

Neal
On my car, I got the tamiya ball ends for the shock tower mount, as the AE ones are ever so slightly larger (you can still use them I think, but you egg out the plastic peice quickly), and I used the AE shock ends, so the only thing you need to get is the tamiya ball ends for the shock tower. HTH
Old 09-30-2009, 09:02 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Redwood
Hey Nick,

Cheers

Neal
I use the tamiya ball ends in the wishbone and standard associated mounts on the shock tower, fit's perfect
Old 09-30-2009, 09:11 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default TC5R Mods.

Hey guys just wanted to post this up here. I was able to carefully grind out my factory motor mount, move it inline with rear bulkhead, flip my belts (which made pinon change easier as well as allow for more centered weight), and moved my servo like Keven's car! I noticed a big difference while balncing the car left to right. I was able to put weight where I WANTED it as opposed to where I NEEDED it! Big Difference! If anyone would like more pictures I will post them! Let me know!
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC5-tc5r-mods.jpg  
Old 09-30-2009, 10:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

I would like to see pics with the motor out
Old 09-30-2009, 11:18 AM
Suspended

Default Motor's Out

Originally Posted by Castradamus
I would like to see pics with the motor out
Here you go!
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC5-tc5r-mods-cu.jpg  
Old 09-30-2009, 11:21 AM
Suspended

If you notice the top plate screw on the left bulkhead it has been screwed through the top plate, the bulkhead, then finally into the motor mount. Giving the motor mount three points of contact. After I was finished I put the car on a tweak board and all was well!
Old 09-30-2009, 11:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

At the rate in which everyone is moving to the Exotek chassis and modifying/buying new bulkheads perhaps Associated should investigate making a TC5R-LS (lipo spec).

Changes could be:

-Narrow rear bulkheads
-New chassis (narrower, modified for new bulkheads, lipo weights included, optional holes for the Keven servo mod)
-New upper deck for the narrow bulkheads
-Revised one-way in which the pulley could easily be mounted for a flipped belt configuration
-Revised steering to optionally allow for Keven servo mod
-Anything else?

Other changes could include:

-More flexible belts??

Seems like it could even be offered as an upgrade kit.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Quiet Storm
Hey guys just wanted to post this up here. I was able to carefully grind out my factory motor mount, move it inline with rear bulkhead, flip my belts (which made pinon change easier as well as allow for more centered weight), and moved my servo like Keven's car! I noticed a big difference while balncing the car left to right. I was able to put weight where I WANTED it as opposed to where I NEEDED it! Big Difference! If anyone would like more pictures I will post them! Let me know!

How did you do the servo mod? Can you give me steps? Im looking to do it in mine. Thanks
Old 09-30-2009, 08:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Quiet Storm
nice do you want an award

jk looks good brother set it as you avitar

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.