Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR Has a new President

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 01:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Dawn, it depends on which side of his brain is actually working at the present time......the aliens did weird things to him.....mind probes, anal probes.....those sort of things.

Later EddieO
Old 12-15-2005, 01:10 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Dawn: That sounds good but what if a company submits a cell at 43mm or lower then it's approved and they start sending out batches at 43.8mm how will you prove that the cells were 43mm or lower prior to cycling.

Trust me I know it's hard to come up with a good rule but I have emailed and offered to give help on this matter.

I have some great ideas and info that would help out but no one wants to talk with me over at ROAR.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:12 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
George - which are you.. ROAR supporter or bandwagon basher?? Make up your mind, man!
Just stating the facts.....

and what you guys did on Tech Talk when Ernie was running , what was that ?

O-Look out for the band, its sliding towards the stern.....

SoS!!! SoS !!!
Old 12-15-2005, 01:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
and what you guys did on Tech Talk when Ernie was running , that was that ?

Whatever, George.... not worth the discussion time it takes to explain even the simplest of things to you....
Old 12-15-2005, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Danny/SMC
Dawn: That sounds good but what if a company submits a cell at 43mm or lower then it's approved and they start sending out batches at 43.8mm how will you prove that the cells were 43mm or lower prior to cycling.

Trust me I know it's hard to come up with a good rule but I have emailed and offered to give help on this matter.

I have some great ideas and info that would help out but no one wants to talk with me over at ROAR.
Danny.... your emails have been read and evaluated by the Excomm. (I know this because I have circulated them and posted them for our discussion several times!)

I totally agree with what your saying and there is nothing to stop it. Just like the 3300's now... go measure them..

The rule will allow the official to tech the cells being presented at tech and the officials will have the approval technical data on hand. There's not much we can do to stop this.. except, start weighing them....

another issue and its coming up soon!
Old 12-15-2005, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thank you Dawn and Orange for listening. I know that being a volunteer member of any organization (Dawn), you have to put up with a lot of unnecessary whining, bitching, and complaining from folks, warranted or not. I don't envy what you have to endure. In my opinion, if most of the people that have issues would do it in a civil manner and not put folks like Dawn, members of ExComm, etc, on the defensive with their approach, then the racer's concerns may actually be heard and addressed in a timely fashion.

As I have brought up on another form, the rules and decisions mades should evolve like the cars that we race. However, things have become static with the organization and change has been slow. This is what has frustated many of us. I hope that new, faster ways of addressing issues, rule changes, and approval/discontinue of new/old equipment, is being reviewed and will be implemented.

Hopefully, things will change for the better. There were many issues that came up at several races this year that have many of the non-sponsored racers, like myself, not planning on attending this coming year. It has also not set well with some of the sponsored racers either (I have overheard a few mention so things). Hopefully, the organization will become more "user friendly" to all racers. But, we fellow racers will have to soften our stances some, be more flexible, and address issues with the right officers in a more professional/civil manner. Put yourself in Dawn's position (hate to keep using you as an example): if you where addressing yourself on an issue, would you be an a$$, or show your a$$ to yourself?
Old 12-15-2005, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by EddieO
Dawn, it depends on which side of his brain is actually working at the present time......the aliens did weird things to him.....mind probes, anal probes.....those sort of things.

Later EddieO
This is a good day. I agree with Eddie... and that rarely happens...
Old 12-15-2005, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JKA

Looking at the situation today though... I agree things have changed significantly. One thing I find interesting is that people blame roar for Not allowing the newest battery on the market without approval, and even use the excuse that people must buy those batteries for other races like IIC, Snowbirds, etc. Why isn't anyone blaming them for allowing a NEW battery that eveyone feels they must now go out and purchase?

they races you mentioned above allowed up to a 3800. which had been out for about 3 or 4 months.

I know already down here in Florida on the oval scene. several promoters have already got together and said Ib 3800's and GP3300 and 3700's only. looks like the 4200's wont be legal for us till around OCT 06.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:27 PM
Tech Legend

Dawn, you think Ernie would of jumped ship like Rick ?

You told everyone Rick is da Man .....

leadership & all....

Life Jacket ?
Old 12-15-2005, 01:34 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

In our testing a raw cell can expand by .2-.3 at the most.

I have other good points that I want to make so please tell me who I need to talk to ? I'm not saying I have all the answers or want it done my way but I feel I have allot of great ideas and know of what is going on with these manufacturers.

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
Danny.... your emails have been read and evaluated by the Excomm. (I know this because I have circulated them and posted them for our discussion several times!)

I totally agree with what your saying and there is nothing to stop it. Just like the 3300's now... go measure them..

The rule will allow the official to tech the cells being presented at tech and the officials will have the approval technical data on hand. There's not much we can do to stop this.. except, start weighing them....

another issue and its coming up soon!
Old 12-15-2005, 01:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Danny is actually one person I would like to have ROAR listen to.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:44 PM
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by davepull
they races you mentioned above allowed up to a 3800. which had been out for about 3 or 4 months.

I know already down here in Florida on the oval scene. several promoters have already got together and said Ib 3800's and GP3300 and 3700's only. looks like the 4200's wont be legal for us till around OCT 06.
I know... I suppose I used the term "NEW" a bit loosely. My point was the argument could go either way, but Roar is an easy target these days. Plus I think that it shows the change in mentality between then and now... racers didn't want new batteries more than once per year... now they do.

There are many ways to remedy this issue. Tim Potter hit on one I think is the best going... 2 approvals per year and tweak the timing.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

George - I was going to just have some fun in teasing you but you decided to cross this line, again, I will break the rules of politically correctness.

You have no idea why Rick resigned his position and to make comments above not only show your ignorance, lack of communication skills and your lack of any type of human compassion. Rick absolutely did not want to step down as the ROAR president yet due to factors that are his business only, he had to make this choice.

Your only choice now is to support the new president of ROAR in your efforts or truly, I will see to it that your membership is refunded and you won't have to worry about such matters.

Dawn Sanchez
ROAR Promotions Director and supposedly very polite in communication but just blew it!!
Old 12-15-2005, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
Danny is actually one person I would like to have ROAR listen to.
As I and I will do everything I can to ensure that...
Old 12-15-2005, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Danny/SMC
I have other good points that I want to make so please tell me who I need to talk to ?

email:

[email protected]
[email protected]
and cc to me:
[email protected]

Please.. don't give up..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.