Old 09-22-2003, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

thanks fowler!
Old 09-22-2003, 02:49 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by speedxl
thanks fowler!
Speed,
This is a little of topic but I noticed you are from Ft. Lauderdale. What does the job market look like down there. I thinking about moving down there with a friend but need to find a decend job.
Old 09-22-2003, 02:53 PM
Tech Addict

You know what would really be cool if you could design a Pivot Ball suspention that could react as fast a C-Hub. What you could to is try using a smaller pivot ball inside a teflon coated hub carrier. THis would possible smoothin out the roll inside of the cup and inter fast response out of the pivot ball.

PS. This probably wont work but I really like the ease of adjusting pivot ball suspention over C-Hub.
Old 09-22-2003, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

ballpy the market is good i dont know what type of job you'd like but the hospitality buissnes is good here there are a lot of tourest and trade coomerce is strong aswell as banking, if you into the automotive buiss there are plenty of jobs esspecially a tech. good news that there are probably 15 r/c racing tracks in 51/2 drive from here we have three in an 1/2 hr radius perfect place to live plus south beach 15minutes south! plenty of booty!
Old 09-22-2003, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally posted by speedxl
impact without getting personal dont be calling me names you dont know me and i dont know you i think you will be barking up the wrong tree! first of all the drive shaft going at 90deg angle dont mean crap if the method of transfering the mechanical leverage is done correctly as associated has done via the type of gears and the material used belts flop around and have excesive whip lash also suffer from poor free spin due to the eneffeciancy of the parasitc drag fron the rubber and the binding effect of the fibers used to keep the damn thing from pulling apart, with a prop shaft car you can set lash which can be set and as for a belt a tensioner is what you would be used which needs tension(drag) to keep it from skipping, just because we play or talk on these chat rooms doesnt mean we wont find out who we are please be advised i didnt insult you! if you cant handle criticism then turn your computor off and dont post anything here, i disscused in a proper foremat what the threads stipulates building a prototype and all i posted was in reply to someone elses idea i am sure we can call you of sorts of names and say you idea sucks but we havent i am giving you an educated statement on cars that dont perform well and as we know its a compliment when everybody starts building a car that ressembles the tc3 (yokomo, hpi) i wont say tamyia because they had it first
and these are all world champion cars. go figure shafts must be that good! comments without insults are appreciated! dude!
Please reread what we both have written, I called you OBNOXIOUS, which is an the since I used it is an ADJECTIVE, not a NOUN, so the name I called you in the sentance was "my freind"..... Now I saw 2-3 of my posts that after very short duration you replied with a smart comment. and the last was you saying, those all look like they have high C of G... You where not reading what I was writing you where just disagreeing because for some reason in your mind the only cars you think should be shaft driven.....

Now as to my responces to the others ideas, I read thru their posts, throught out what it would take to complete the design, thought of it's strong points and also flaws.... however they both have too many flaws just at the idea stage!! I just pointed them out... however I did compliment them on actually triing to come up with something different...unlike many that just wanna rebuild the TC3.... Also when they posted their ideas it was justa "look this would be cool" ... they made no other statement as to how to actually make it work.... If you reread my post you would see that I actually looked at things like clearances and such....

Now if you would please reread my post as to the chassis design and have an open mind and actually think out how it would be... then post your comments I will defend my plan...unlike anyone else has done for their OWN ideas.....
Old 09-22-2003, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Anyways.. if we used a TC3 drive train, we should not use any existing diff housings. Just make them out of aluminium or whatever. It should be an open design.

As for IMPACTS idea... I think it's pretty cool. But I'd rather have more weight forward or centralized that rearward like the RCLab. Just take the 414M2 and toss on the XXX-S drive system. I think weight will be better distributed this way.

How about this, build a car for Stock Class. Direct Drive like the Assassin (sp?).... but the Motor is in the front of the car!! Batterys can be centralized or saddled up. Weight can easily be made 50/50.
Old 09-22-2003, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally posted by KilRuf
Anyways.. if we used a TC3 drive train, we should not use any existing diff housings. Just make them out of aluminium or whatever. It should be an open design.

As for IMPACTS idea... I think it's pretty cool. But I'd rather have more weight forward or centralized that rearward like the RCLab. Just take the 414M2 and toss on the XXX-S drive system. I think weight will be better distributed this way.

How about this, build a car for Stock Class. Direct Drive like the Assassin (sp?).... but the Motor is in the front of the car!! Batterys can be centralized or saddled up. Weight can easily be made 50/50.
The reason the motor is forward and the batteries aft is due to the design of the belt drive, to centralize the motor and use saddle packs you would need to raise the motor 4mm thus raising a major weight component....
Old 09-22-2003, 04:11 PM
Tech Rookie

i think the tc3 open diff housing is the best with the tc3 suspenction and have a upper deck and a nice light stiff chassie i will try to draw a picture and put it on here to see what it would look like.
Old 09-22-2003, 06:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Alright guys first quite fighting, this is forum is for "design disscussions" not "bickering"

Anyway i have come to the decision that i am going to run the TC3 Drive train, with the batts running along one side or side x side..
Old 09-22-2003, 07:03 PM
Tech Regular

i'll join in on this, if no one minds
tc3 driveline sounds good to me! will it use tc3 gear boxes? and diffs?
how about using TRF suspension? it works well and is pretty strong. and also maybe TC3 steering.
maybe we could even use the R2 suspension so we could try different span arms?
just a few thoughts i have anyway.
Old 09-22-2003, 07:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Hello again...

Your on the same thinking pattern as i am there GT.

I like the new NTC3 steering, and i like how the R2 suspension arm wraps around the bulkheads...

Old 09-22-2003, 08:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default LIVE DISSCUSSION TOMORROW NIGHT

Hey guys i thought we could use the live chat to our advantage to further put our ideas in action...all are welcome to join.

See you there...

I am going set the meeting for 8 pm Thursday,
So its GMT 05:00 Eastern Time.
Old 09-22-2003, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

You know what kills me... Everytime a new car comes out, especially shaft drive you have everyong jumping up and down on how it looks like a TC3, come on... I'm an AE fan but there's only 1 way to set up a shaft drive car, the shaft runs down the center... No other way to do it... So... AE should make the only shaft drive car and everyone should haphazzardly arrange their belt drives...

How about the best of both worlds... Shaft drive the diffs with a belt drive from the motor to the center shaft??? Grnated you'd have to come up with am assortment of belt pinions... But it's be different...
Old 09-22-2003, 08:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by fowlerJr68
i think we should use the TC3 shaft down the middle..with the evo 3 or Sd diff cases, with R2 Diffs and Xray Pivot ball suspension arms, and evo 3 steering linkage. this would be an interesting car indeed...I know its copieing the other cars...just combineing their strong points.

STeve

I'm just reposting my idea's because it just got shot down, but i think it would make a great car. i also forgot 2 mention, tamiya shox.

STeve
Old 09-22-2003, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well I don't like the idea of TC3 suspension because then it's just a TC3 conversion kit. Plus I'd rather see something different like 414M2 suspension or Yokomo. Barracuda suspension would be nice. It's very durable. But not quite as easy to tune as some of the others. Plus there's only one place in the US to get it.

Steering rack... It'd rather use Yokomo. Has a servo saver built in so all you need is a tall servo horn on the servo. Not a servo saver like on a Tamiya or Losi where you can have centering issues. Nitro steering rack is nice and all. But depending out it's mounted, there could be some funky angles in the linkages.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.