Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 02:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by turtle189mt
I can not believe how poor of support this car has for as popular as it is. Ordered one beginning of January might be in mid February. Same with some of the spares that were back ordered. Not gonna be happy if I am stuck for two months waiting for a $5 part. Ordered what I think may break just incase.
Maybe you should check to see what the deal is with the shop you bought it from..a quick search shows plenty of shops have the kits instock.

At the end of the day...if you feel the support is poor. Then why are you even getting the kit? Get the B44.3 or 22-4.

Seems like you're just setting yourself up.

Last edited by MasiisaM; 02-02-2015 at 03:17 PM.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:01 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grigz
Anyone else have problems with the front wanting to rise up off bigger jumps? One jump in particular at my track. Its a step on step off style jump which can be made into a quad. The buggy has plenty of power with a 5.5t motor in it to clear it but the nose likes to raise up off the jump making the landing really rough and obviously harder to control in the air, Brake tapping doesnt seem to help much, once its up, its up. Running 42.5 shock oil in the front and 35wt in the rear. Not entirely sure on what pistons Im running right now. Just looking for suggestions on what would be causing it to do it?
Have you thought about dropping your wing to the low mount, assuming it's high right now?

I'm surprised you didn't get results from the brakes. I've been running a 6.5 and thought it responded pretty well to throttle and brake while in the air.

-Chris
Old 02-02-2015, 04:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Has anybody converted their wing to screw down? I was thinking of grinding off the nubs, and tapping for a M3 screw where they were, but the support under it is very thin. It's thicker toward the front of the buggy, but that would put the screws almost at the front edge of the wing.
Old 02-02-2015, 07:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billdogg
Has anybody converted their wing to screw down? I was thinking of grinding off the nubs, and tapping for a M3 screw where they were, but the support under it is very thin. It's thicker toward the front of the buggy, but that would put the screws almost at the front edge of the wing.
I would be interested in this conversion too. I know Exotek has some wing mounts but I would prefer to keep it plastic in the back instead of metal.
Old 02-02-2015, 07:54 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billdogg
What problem would screwing the wing down solve?
Old 02-02-2015, 08:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iScream
What problem would screwing the wing down solve?
Allows you to easily mount wings with various thicknesses. Like the stock wing is much thinner than say the Trifecta. I had to modify the mounts to fit the latter. With a screw down, either could be accommodated without changes.
Old 02-02-2015, 09:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iScream
Have you thought about dropping your wing to the low mount, assuming it's high right now?

I'm surprised you didn't get results from the brakes. I've been running a 6.5 and thought it responded pretty well to throttle and brake while in the air.

-Chris
Yeah Im going to drop the wing some. It didn't even cross my mind that I could be pushing too much air with an aftermarket wing. Definitely going to try the stock wing and low mount and see what it does. That's about the only gripe I have so far with it. With a 5.5t the thing is just an animal, I don't think you can push this little buggy to its limits, it just takes it and keeps going. Not to mention the abuse and crashes it can take.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Anyone that is really going to deny that the parts support is good is living in fantasy land. Front shock tower mounts have been MIA for like 5 weeks. My son and I have both broken front shock shafts and even that was an adventure. Even when you do find a shop that has hotbodies parts they have maybe one and then a bunch of stuff that you don't need. i think this car is awesome but the parts support has me rethinking my purchase. I find myself driving scared because I know if something breaks My son or myself maybe without a wheeler for a month.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by CaseyD
Anyone that is really going to deny that the parts support is good is living in fantasy land. Front shock tower mounts have been MIA for like 5 weeks. My son and I have both broken front shock shafts and even that was an adventure. Even when you do find a shop that has hotbodies parts they have maybe one and then a bunch of stuff that you don't need. i think this car is awesome but the parts support has me rethinking my purchase. I find myself driving scared because I know if something breaks My son or myself maybe without a wheeler for a month.
Just to be clear...you're blaming the car for you crashing?

haha jk. I'm sure they will get it together eventually. Demand is probably crazy high.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:34 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mvrk28
Just to be clear...you're blaming the car for you crashing?

haha jk. I'm sure they will get it together eventually. Demand is probably crazy high.
No, mine was absolutely my fault, it's amazing how much more pitch you get when you hit the brakes in the air with a 4wd compared to a 2wd however a buddy was blasted by a slash the next day and he's been SOL ever since.

Your second statement is what worries me, if these cars are so tough why are all the parts out of stock? Relax everyone, I realize every car breaks, just simply thinking out loud. Are the cars not as tough as we all thought or does everyone snatch up the parts as soon as they are available because no shops carry HB parts?
Old 02-02-2015, 10:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by CaseyD
No, mine was absolutely my fault, it's amazing how much more pitch you get when you hit the brakes in the air with a 4wd compared to a 2wd however a buddy was blasted by a slash the next day and he's been SOL ever since.

Your second statement is what worries me, if these cars are so tough why are all the parts out of stock? Relax everyone, I realize every car breaks, just simply thinking out loud. Are the cars not as tough as we all thought or does everyone snatch up the parts as soon as they are available because no shops carry HB parts?
I'd be willing to bet everybody snatches them up because shops don't carry them as much. I'm sure if you comb this thread you will find other shafts that will fit.
Old 02-03-2015, 03:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

i am to blame for the lack of stock on front tower mounts lol, i have broken quite a few.

Not anymore tho, check out this picture stock levels with come back up now, havent broken in a long while :P
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy-10866823_10200179050914671_383205050_n.jpg  
Old 02-03-2015, 04:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Supply and Demand seem to be the biggest factor, but I wouldn't let that detour me away from it.

Most people buy the spare parts to have on hand, it seems like if someone breaks one little thing everyone is up in arms and like I should buy those as spares, then they are out of stock.

I know if it was available I would have bought a 2nd roller as parts car. I bought most common spare parts that I thought I would have issues with so that way if I break it keeps me running thru the race day or fix the next day.

So far since September the car has been great and fun to drive and only broke one ball cup so far.
Old 02-03-2015, 06:22 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nicmo
i am to blame for the lack of stock on front tower mounts lol, i have broken quite a few.

Not anymore tho, check out this picture stock levels with come back up now, havent broken in a long while :P
what are you doing to break them? I have hit steel poles and still never broke anything
Old 02-03-2015, 06:58 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by nicmo

I sure hope that's not a new running change. That is a serious piece of plastic.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.