Old 09-18-2003, 07:51 PM
Tech Regular

Default Tricities Question

Hello everyone,

I have a good question and I think it needs to be addressed
before the first tricities race....

Brushless motors?

Are they in or not?

My 2¢ about iit is why not even if they are not roar legal.
-The only advantage with them is maintenence.

-For runtime well the races have a fixed duration so really that doesn't matter.

-For speed they are comparable to a 12 x 1 so really a brushed
10 x 1 would do better.

With all that said will they be in or?

Thanks Dirk
Old 09-18-2003, 08:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Very good question would be interested to know the answer myself. Is it just up to each club in the cities to set the rules for the event in their own city?

Old 09-18-2003, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I would say not this year.

it's all very well saying 'comparable to a 12 x 1' but they way they work is completely different to a traditional brushed motor.
I also think that if we allowed them, and they turned out to have an advantage then everyone would feel they 'have' to buy one just to compete which instead of attracting more racers would drive some away.
I think we should watch the development of the sytems from the manufacturers and also learn from other series and races.
Old 09-18-2003, 09:54 PM
Tech Regular

Stu,

I was only meaning that brushless be in mod classes to which
it's only advantage is maintenence

Many of us here in Edmonton have been running brushless
all summer although many of the fast guys will be running
brushed motors for tricities anyhow, being as "brushless is
too slow" for them .

You have to admit this could be an interesting topic.

Thanks Dirk
Old 09-19-2003, 05:56 AM
Tech Elite

I just think it's one of these areas where development could be really fast for next couple of years.
there are also cells on the horizon that will change electric racing.

I do love the low maintenance side of brushless though
Old 09-19-2003, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The Novak SS is really no advantage over a 10X2 but there are systems coming out soon (I think) that will surpass the 10X2 and that could cause problems for the series.

I'm with Stu, in that more classes meen less race time, so imho we should leave the brushless to club racing. Costs will be down anyhow, as we will only have run a brushed system for three or for race weekends as opposed to all year.

When more people have the brushless system I think it is a great equalizer...lets the car tuning and driver stand out.

John
Old 09-19-2003, 08:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Not sure who is stulec52 and if he make rules up for all the TriCities events? But I'm sure this open for discussion anyways even if he was.

Could we not say that the Novak SS be the one brushless allowed for now as we know that it is like a 12 turn motor, and anything else coming out brushless wise deal with them on a case by case basis. Very easy to see on track if guy has a huge advantage with his new brushless motor and not allow it because of fairness.

So John (Prez NASCAR) would like to put forward the idea that for the Edmonton leg that the Novak brushless setup currently out be allowed in modified racing. I'm sure a few other racers in Edmonton would back me with this thought.

Really isn't this Hobby all about having fun
Old 09-19-2003, 09:10 AM
Tech Master

Lightbulb SMIRK

I know you will be grazing here some time in the near future. You, Mike Bridges and who else are the rules "GURUS" for TRI-CITIES whats your take on this brushless question. Personally it does't affect me as I'm not switching yet and I'm not fast enough anyway.

Terry.

But wait theirs more,Had my PIG SHAVE August 16. We as a group Of "DUMB CONTRACTORS" raised $40 some thousand $$$$$ for cancer research. Stu...... I'm not sure ... is that the correct "theres."

Tuttles!!!!!

THE "BALD BULL"
Old 09-19-2003, 11:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Personal I would like to allow people to race them in mod. I'm not up with the brushless system. but if it's the same as a 12x2. then why not. I wouldn't want to turn someone away from racing if they don't have a brushed motor.
Old 09-19-2003, 12:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I say let them run them, other then lack of matainence they hold no real advantage in a 5 min race. Keep in mind this will change as better systems come out.
Old 09-19-2003, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Not sure who is stulec52 and if he make rules up for all the TriCities events? But I'm sure this open for discussion anyways even if he was.
I'm just a racer same as everyone else here.
And the original question talked about opinions so I put forward mine.

Also I think it highly unfair to tell all the racers that, by the way unless you have a Novak SS then you can't race.

Some people are sponsored by other companies and could not run Novak, and some would choose not too.

I do think in the very near future though similar systems to what is available now will have to be included, I just don't think we are quite there yet.

Although, so long as we have a set of rules in place sufficient time ahead of the races then whatever the "GURUS" go with will be what we have to adhere too.

A question back to all of you about the Tri Cities- How can we encourage more racers to join in?? seems to me like numbers are pretty low, esecially compared to the number of club racers that are out there.
Old 09-19-2003, 06:54 PM
Tech Adept

Why not just have a brshless class and a mod class and limit entries to 1 class only (if you race brushless you cant run mod) there is always 3 or 4 heats of mod so if you split them up then you still have the same number of races it shouldnt take any longer and the brushless guys are happy.

Also does edmonton have a date set for there event?
Old 09-19-2003, 07:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

We don't need another class. I think there are too many classes as is. Was there ever any rules set for tri cities. If not, people from each club should get together to make some. It might make life easier.
Old 09-19-2003, 08:46 PM
Tech Regular

See I always thought that it was done by "roar" rules
but I was asking about the use of brushless in mod class
not to make another class. After all this is for fun right?

I know I have no hope of winning and no desire to either.
I am only out to have fun

Dirk
Old 09-19-2003, 10:37 PM
Tech Elite

Dirk, you want to win as much as the next guy!!! I am starting a thread for this years Tri-cities

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.