Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by TSR6
Uhhhhh - Got Balance?
Golf tees....very ingenius...dime a dozen compared to the expensive Hudy version.

p.s.
A few more grams to the right...LOL..j/k
Old 03-20-2004, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Super Steve
I dunno man, yours is tilting...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...&postid=676809
rc-zombie's look really balanced (but for all we know, he could be cheating )
Well, we can't see rc-zombies' front axles. Because he was holding it for the camera. Just kidding rc-z.

Last edited by forty6; 03-20-2004 at 09:24 PM.
Old 03-20-2004, 09:07 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

LOL, it's actually just a touch electronics side heavy in the pics, but when it stops teetering, its just about there. I need to cut just a sliver off one of the weights instead of tossing on a whole 1/4oz ( causing the slight tilt. )

I don't think I'm going to run it with the extra weight. It's a touch overweight as is. Too bad GP cells are so heavy, If I were still running HV cells, I would bet the car would almost be at roar minimums as is. I don't have a scale here, so I'm just guessing off of how much I had to add for the USTC ( had to add 1.75oz to get the car RIGHT on Roar min. I thought I was going to have to run a spare body clip, but once the scale settled...heh... it was good )

I took a better pic:
Attached Thumbnails Hpi Pro 4-pro4balance2.jpg  

Last edited by TSR6; 03-20-2004 at 09:12 PM.
Old 03-20-2004, 09:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

hmmm...

Now with body and fake transponder.... j/k
Old 03-20-2004, 09:24 PM
RCTech Member #2

Originally posted by Super Steve
hmmm...

Now with body and fake transponder.... j/k
I run a Personal Transponder, It's mounted in the center of the chassis, via the two steering post screws.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...?postid=731288
Old 03-20-2004, 09:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Chassis Tweak Issue Fixed (maybe)

I think I have found a fix for the chassis tweak issue that happens with every bump. My testing has shown good results, but I thought I should see what you guys think and let you test it. Looks like I will be implementing it on all of our chassis kits (doubt if I will still do a Pro4, though).

I put a heli-coil (small threaded insert) into the upper deck graphite part. This prevents any play that can exist in the screw hole. HPI counter sunk the holes to try and get the same effect, but it does not seem to be working. This also means that you will need to get a new upper deck that is not counter sunk from any one of the many designers that are coming out with a chassis kit for the pro4, and use button head screws instead of the original flat head screws. Just make sure you get one of very good quality, as a misaligned hole will cause the chassis to become tweaked.

I hoped I adequately explained this modification. Let me know how it worked for you.

Thank You,
Louis
Old 03-20-2004, 09:47 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I don't think I'm going to run it with the extra weight. It's a touch overweight as is. Too bad GP cells are so heavy, If I were still running HV cells, I would bet the car would almost be at roar minimums as is. I don't have a scale here, so I'm just guessing off of how much I had to add for the USTC ( had to add 1.75oz to get the car RIGHT on Roar min. I thought I was going to have to run a spare body clip, but once the scale settled...heh... it was good )

What is ROAR's minimum weight requirement? In other words: what is the minimum weight our cars have to meet?
Old 03-20-2004, 10:04 PM
RCTech Member #2

Originally posted by RCBuddha
What is ROAR's minimum weight requirement? In other words: what is the minimum weight our cars have to meet?
EDIT - 50 oz for foams and rubber 53 oz. - can someone confirm this for me? It sounds right, but I did not pull this from the rule book.

I just know I had to add 1.75oz to make rubber tire weight at the USTC, and don't remember what measurment the scale used ( wasnt oz, but it had the number we needed written on it )

It took 2.25 to balance it, so it's .5oz overweight when balanced. The car really isnt setup as light as it could be though. Tape is doubled up on the batts, my heaviest pack, along with wires that can be shortened and I have a battery brace on the side.

To make a long story short, I'm home on spring break, there was a birthday party for my little brother tonight at my house. The whole family was here, including 5 of my little cousins, all under age 10 running around and screaming. Curious mind while being bored, hidden in my room for a little "quiet time"

Last edited by TSR6; 03-20-2004 at 10:14 PM.
Old 03-20-2004, 10:33 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by forty6
Well, we can't see rc-zombies' front axles. Because he was holding it for the camera. Just kidding rc-z.
no electornics was installed yet... my post was to inform everyone that the xray balancing tool will work with the car... a tool left over after selling the EVO2.
Old 03-20-2004, 11:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

LOL, it's actually just a touch electronics side heavy in the pics, but when it stops teetering, its just about there. I need to cut just a sliver off one of the weights instead of tossing on a whole 1/4oz ( causing the slight tilt. )

I took a better pic:
hey i see the ccx post under ur car i drive for cse in charlotte and race too just got my pro4 still keeping the tc3
Old 03-21-2004, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default pucho

hey its build and ready the sand paper u gave me to get worked.drive tran is very free.thanks for the spring set up i will do that when i go over there.when is rpm racing again? i will be racing at ft raceway on 28/03 thats going to be my first race thanks
Old 03-21-2004, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: pucho

Originally posted by trcmaddness
hey its build and ready the sand paper u gave me to get worked.drive tran is very free.thanks for the spring set up i will do that when i go over there.when is rpm racing again? i will be racing at ft raceway on 28/03 thats going to be my first race thanks
they race thursday. Cmon hit the carpet, asphalt=no good
Old 03-21-2004, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: pucho

sorry but i like to race eveywhere
Old 03-21-2004, 05:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

pucho which hara set up are you refering to? you are running on asphault right? Just asking cause i think if I remeber correctly our set ups were close to the same when we were bith running xrays
good thing i kept my 80 dollars worth of xray springs
Old 03-21-2004, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Wow...
80 dollors worth of springs...
how many springs is that?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.