Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight building and setup

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 11:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Does anyone know the different size SWAY BARS that come with the kit?
Old 01-19-2007, 12:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dale.0
Does anyone know the different size SWAY BARS that come with the kit?
2.32mm
2.5mm
2.68mm
Old 01-19-2007, 12:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

ok, I finally got around to finishing the setup sheet generator for the 8ight. You can now view and post setups for the 8ight at RCSetups.com. A few setups are already posted for the car. Feel free to post your setups to add to the database!
Old 01-19-2007, 12:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Brandon Rohde
ok, I finally got around to finishing the setup sheet generator for the 8ight. You can now view and post setups for the 8ight at RCSetups.com. A few setups are already posted for the car. Feel free to post your setups to add to the database!
I click on the PDF's and they open up and say an error in file.I would like to read the set up's for xxx-4,x-cr.Any ideas what i might be needing to do?I got the latest adobeso i should be good on that.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jammin&quot
I click on the PDF's and they open up and say an error in file.I would like to read the set up's for xxx-4,x-cr.Any ideas what i might be needing to do?I got the latest adobeso i should be good on that.
That is weird... I am using the regular Adobe reader and they are working fine here. Did you view it in your browser, or download it?

The XXX-4 setup sheet will be coming soon. Right now just the XXX-CR and 8ight are done, but I will be adding all of the Losi vehicles within the coming weeks.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

Just noticed that Xtreme RC has a carbon fiber support top brace for the 8ight now. It supports both the throttle and steering servo. Made out of 2.5 mil carbon fiber plate.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Brandon Rohde
That is weird... I am using the regular Adobe reader and they are working fine here. Did you view it in your browser, or download it?

The XXX-4 setup sheet will be coming soon. Right now just the XXX-CR and 8ight are done, but I will be adding all of the Losi vehicles within the coming weeks.
I just clicked on the down load icon on the right side of your page in the set ups.Thanks man I will keep trying and an eye out for the xxx-4 set ups.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Default What's the difference?

Question...other than the extra sway bars and springs, what are the "better" parts that come with the kit. Not getting the RTR, your giving up about $400+ worth of stuff (controller, engine, pipe, etc) but the kit is only about $100 cheaper. What are the goodies your getting???

Thanks!!
Old 01-19-2007, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by baker745
Question...other than the extra sway bars and springs, what are the "better" parts that come with the kit. Not getting the RTR, your giving up about $400+ worth of stuff (controller, engine, pipe, etc) but the kit is only about $100 cheaper. What are the goodies your getting???

Thanks!!
better shock towers, aluminum shock caps, anodized chassis plus the tuning parts
Old 01-19-2007, 07:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SupermaxxRich
better shock towers, aluminum shock caps, anodized chassis plus the tuning parts
That, and racers generally use higher end electronics and motors.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by baker745

Thanks!!
ya know.... thats a damn good point. The only thing that I know is differnt is the chassis. The kit is machined out for weight, and... uhh, I dunno. Anyone?
Old 01-19-2007, 07:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by SupermaxxRich
well there you have it.
Old 01-20-2007, 04:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Talking

Did my weight measurements using a half tank of fuel.

I was wondering about the aluminum screws my self. They have proven to be rock solid. They also stay in the plastic better and don't come loose.

BTW - I have to say the diffs in this thing are great. No leaks and the fluid stays clear. The metal gears are second to none.

Good luck.
TEX
Old 01-20-2007, 06:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

What are the current little issues currently? Deburring a few parts? Shock pistons coming off? Sensitive throttle linkages and EPA setup? Leaky shocks? I'm currently weighing up buggy choices but I'm a little put off by the teething problems. It's a very tempting buggy though.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Turbine_au
What are the current little issues currently? Deburring a few parts? Shock pistons coming off? Sensitive throttle linkages and EPA setup? Leaky shocks? I'm currently weighing up buggy choices but I'm a little put off by the teething problems. It's a very tempting buggy though.
Shock pistons coming off is 120% user error, not car problem as well as EPA settings. If you don't know how to set EPA you won't know how to do it with any vehicle!, My kit needed no deburring of parts and my car went together flawlessly. If you do end up needing to debur one or two parts thats not a kit problem, thats a "hobby" and it required in every other kit I've ever assembled Only "issue" that may be viable on your list there is leaky shocks but Losi is coming out with new orings and in the mean time you can throw one TKO o-ring in each shock to solve your leaky shock issues

The 8ight handles awesome and you won't look back after driving one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.