Community
Wiki Posts
Search

19T Spec Peak Dynasty motor, no power?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2003, 09:20 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)
Default 19T Spec Peak Dynasty motor, no power?

Hey all, I have ran my dynasty for alittle while and it ran great. I recently cut the comm and put new Silver brushes ( Trinity 4499s ) on it leaving the stock springs in place.

When racing however, the motor had zero punch. Other guys were blowing me a way in this area. One thing I did that after reading more on Jim's Black book that I shouldn't was use comm drops on those brushes.

Can anyone give me a run down on some good info for the 19 turn motors? What brushes are good and what are good spring settings? Also, what type are the stock peak brushes that come with the motor?

I am considering getting 767s or some other brush, maybe Race prep brand, any advice would be great!

Thanks.
Old 12-21-2003, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Cut the comm really good,lube the bearings and apply 767's or a 766 on the - and a 767 on the positive.
Only drop I use is Tribo.
Old 12-21-2003, 02:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

P.S.Comm drops will take away torque and give you RPM.You dont gain both.
Tribo is NOT a comm drop but a lubricant.When using Tribo you CAN NOT use drops too.
Old 12-21-2003, 05:43 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Did some reading on Jims Black book and found my problems. I was using comm drops on 4499 brushes, big no no. I cut the comm and cleaned up everything and the motor had some life in it again. I need to get standard brush setup ( purple reds )and I am going to run 767s from now on. Maybe a slotted brush on the negative side.
Old 12-23-2003, 07:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Honestly, I haven't noticed much of a differance between the 767's and the 4499. I was running 4499's and I got a deal on a huge bulk of 767's and started running those. I didn't notice the transition. I have tried the 766 on the neg side and didn't like it. The motor felt a little soft. I do like Tribo though. Good stuff. I was not liking the Reedy quad 19's until I used Tribo on one. Now they're my favorite 19 turn.