Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 CAPITOL CLASSIC @ 301 RACEWAY June 4-8

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 04:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Well another CC is in the books and cant wait to go back for the Nats...I hope its cooler for the Nats cause it was blazing hot ...

Big thanks to Chris W. and the 301 crew for the best event of the year ...

Thanks to the team ( Gianni/Butter/Paolo/Dj/Rafael/Eddy/Nigel) for all the help and good times .

Special thanks to all my sponsors , Serpent USA/ Spektrum / Mega Engines / Twister Tires/ Xceed ...
Old 06-10-2008, 04:57 PM
Tech Regular

Chris, TedX and the whole 301 crew thanks for putting on such a well ran event .
this was my first time out of the state of florida for a nitro race
and all i can say is awsome job guys

would like to thank SAM my pit man could not have made it that far without you thanks Team Kamikaze
special thanks to
jerry xs power/Gianni/Butter/Paolo/Dj/Rafael/sam/Nigel/kenny/eddy/Dman/ashton/D BO.
team SERPENT had a great tim with all you guys

Last edited by PNP HOBBIES; 06-10-2008 at 08:08 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 171 (100%+)

Wow you let this guy in from Miami and he thinks he's got pull up here. Yo Butter make sure you take Jamie out for the 2 for 1 deal at Taco bell... If I knew you where there I would have dragged my ass out to see you..my Back is all jerked up. Butter how did you race with broking fingers? My cell don't ring anymore Yo give me a holla
Old 06-10-2008, 06:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Chris and Ted thanks for making me feel at home. The Classic was a lot of fun, and I can't wait to get down there again. I'd like to thank Guy Hood and George Kolenick for lending me the mills, because without them I wouldn't have been able to run the race, which I wait all year for. The race is only getting bigger and bigger, can't wait for the nats see you guys soon. Also Thank you Brandon Hess, Guy Hood again, and Mikey Mike for the pit work. Paul Duggins for helping me get there and back, Richie Torres and Guner for the place to sleep. See you guys soon.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by D-nicest
Chris and Ted thanks for making me feel at home. The Classic was a lot of fun, and I can't wait to get down there again. I'd like to thank Guy Hood and George Kolenick for lending me the mills, because without them I wouldn't have been able to run the race, which I wait all year for. The race is only getting bigger and bigger, can't wait for the nats see you guys soon. Also Thank you Brandon Hess, Guy Hood again, and Mikey Mike for the pit work. Paul Duggins for helping me get there and back, Richie Torres and Guner for the place to sleep. See you guys soon.
No prob. Next time I'll have somethin better for ya if you ever need it.

Thanks for the parts and lendin tools.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks to Chris and the rest of the 301 crew for a fun event. The track was great and surely something to go back to.

Congrats to Scott, Rick Davis and Ralph for their wins!

Special mention to Mr. Rhodes, it was nice seeing you back at the track after that unfortunate incident. Get well soon.

Will see everyone back there in September....

RON
Old 06-10-2008, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Had a great time! Heat and all!

Twas a pleasure to meet Butters (Miguel LOL) and Ashton, yall some cool cats. Eddy Colon always a pleasure, and all of the serpent team, Ronny, DJ, Paolo, Gianni, Rafael, Kenny and Petey "micronips."

Also thanks to my dad!

See you in sept Chris!
Old 06-10-2008, 06:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I want to say thank you to Chris Whitney & the 301 staff for the oustanding world class facility here on the east coast,also I want to give a shout out to Ted X for the talent behind the microphone.Thanks to my friends & sponsor Paolo Morganti,Uriah Murnan,Maxy Velasco,Mike Desings & the entire Serpent Team for their support and also my friend Geovannie Gonzales.It was nice to see the puertorican crew making the trip all away to 301.

Nigelnuggets it was a plesure my self like always.

My friend D-man for everything,THANK YOU!!
Butter I'm looking foward to see you again soon.You're one hiliarious dude.

Ronniel for all the tunning and helps.

See you guys next time.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

congats to all winners scott and rick from empire and ralph burch . sorry i missed all the fun a family problem can up at the last minute . a big thanks paolo m for all your help even thow i did get to make it . melvin aulston way to step up your game serpent baby. ron.c sorry i missed you and mike.s and to some of the home town boys jamie.c mikey mike . thomas .lee gael and kelly .L and speedy greg .hill two rounds at TQ in master i can't believe it !!!! way to go guys
Old 06-10-2008, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
Way to go Chris Lefebvre! For a bold choice realy paid off! There is a story behind this. more to come.
Originally Posted by teamgp

And so was the fourth place finisher who switched the night before, quickly found a setup and bumped up from the C main. Big congrats Chris L!!! The only gripe I have is that my advantage over you is now null and void.
Teamgp: quickly found a setup?

the story: After having rotten luck in the qualifiers, once destroying my car, crushing everything all the way back to the fuel tank, I even crushed the shocks, when I hit a car that was upside down in the fastest part of the track. I was only able to make it into the "F" main, but I knew the car was good enough to make the "A". When in the "F", Chris W. and I jumped right into 1st & 2nd..Riding behind Chris W., not taking any chances, just doing what it would take to keep me in the bump-up position, a lapped racer bounced off the boards right in front of me and took the car out of contention. After packing up and we were heading back to the hotel from the track, I asked Chris Lefebvre if he wanted to drive the car. He jumped out of the car before I even got it stopped. With less than half a tank of fuel through the car he said "the car is awsome.....with a car like this, I could take it all the way to the A" I siad: "then do it, drive my car tomorow"

We went back to the hotel and I stayed up well after midnight preping the car with a new body, replacing the broken shock tower and giving the car a good inspection. The next morning we went to the track Chris drove it after they prepped the track. (here is the interesting part) My bad luck continued after leaving the track the night before becuase I lost my glasses that night at the hotel, so I went back to see if I could find them. about 3 hours later I returned and looked the car over again and found that some adjustments were made to the car..... The ride hight was raised up quite a bit from where it should have been. It was raised up to the point that when the front was lifted, the suspension had no drop to it. I expressed to Chris that if he was going to drive the car, to not adjust anything and I reset it to where I knew it worked best the day before.

After the "C", taking a bump up to the "B", changing the side belt, putting fresh tires on and with less than 5 min before Chris needed to drive again, discovering a rear belt that was near failier, replaced it and still had the car ready before warm-up. After the "B", Chris came down off the drivers stand shook my hand and said: "That car is AWSOME!" While he was helping another racer, I took the car and went over it, prepping it for the "A", making sure that the car was ready for the 45 min that he would have to push the car.

Chris, you drove the car like an expert....nobody will ever know if you would have taken your Mugen up to the "A", but I am sure glad you chose to drive my XRay instead. GOOD JOB> The setup is listed on the Xray website.

Sorry if anybody feels I'm trying to steel any glory, I just thought that it was a cool story that should be told. It was a very Bold statement to say that you could take the car to the A the way it was setup, but you did it. Great Job!

If anybody has any negative comments for posting this, please feel free to PM me.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I also wanted to say that Joe S... You did a great job pitting Chris L!
Old 06-11-2008, 04:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Had A GoodTime

Thanks ChrisW awsome racetrack and good fun all around congrads to all the winners to the guys from Brooklynhobbies you guys are really cool thkx to my new sponsor Rio Dental thx Tony an George Martinez,KyoshoAmerica,Sirio from great horsepower,Teamorion for the CPD worked flawless.Hope to you guys at the SedanNats.Thx to all Bobby Watson
Old 06-11-2008, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DChester
Dave YGPM.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default re

Thank you guys

Last edited by LefebvreC; 06-12-2008 at 07:12 AM.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have to give a big shout out to Mikey Mike, who had to be the hardest working guy out there all weekend. It seemed like every time I looked in front of the drivers stand he was running around there, helping everybody. I know you're getting your game right too Mikey!

Peace

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.