Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 02:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sunktothenutz
Hi,
so can you use them as per a usal motor,..ie 2 cell lipo etc?
yes, i use the 3.5t 1 cell motor in my 2S touring car. its basically what the MMM is now, but the MMM comes with the timing boards + 10 as std.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default need help

hi all!! just want to know if the HobbyWing 2-in-1 Advanced Professional LCD Program Box will work on my SP GT2.0 to upload the 323 STOCK software?... they physically look the same...

http://www.hobbypartz.com/hobbywing-...ogram-box.html

http://www.speedpassion.net/en/produ...=SPLCD01&c=OPT

my objective is to have my GT2.0 esc installed with "supercharger"... on my sp 10.5t motor.

please help,,, thank you in advance!
Old 10-10-2011, 08:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sunktothenutz
Hi,
so can you use them as per a usal motor,..ie 2 cell lipo etc?
Yes, you can use it on 2S lipo powered TC or whatever...
Old 10-10-2011, 08:50 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
yes, i use the 3.5t 1 cell motor in my 2S touring car. its basically what the MMM is now, but the MMM comes with the timing boards + 10 as std.
Actually, MMM is more advanced then the 1S...lap time don't lie, MMM is hands down faster then V3 and 1S V3...try it.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:55 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by BoneCrusher
Been testing for our big local race coming up next weedend in the Touring 13.5 Boosted Class. Solara suggested I use Howard Lo’s setup as a starting point. Thanks guys!

http://www.speedpassion.net/uploadfi...Howard%20L.jpg

Here’s what I got so far driving a 2 year old Photon, 2.1GT Prostock with 323 software, FDR 6.9 with an older type Orca 13.5T (can’t change motor timing) and not even a fan cause my car weighs around 1430 Grams already when the new weight limit is 1380. I’m okay with that.

Settings:

1 . 1
2 . 25%
3 . 5
4 . 7
5 . 100%
6 . 100%
7 . = Drag Brake
8 . 6%
9 . 48
10 . 18
11 . enable
12 . 16
13 . 4000
14 . 0.2 sec
15 . 500

Car finally ran awesome after tweeking Howard’s settings and almost equal to the fast laps of all the other cars with their fancy Tekins. Motor temps after 6 mins with warm up laps is 150 F. Like that to.

However, the few issues I have is that the brakes are not strong enough for me to slow down to make a corner as sharp therefore I had to turn the drag brake on to accommodate it. Acceleration is just a tad slower than the Tekins and the final acceleration at around 60 feet is also a tad slower. Our track is a med-high grip Ozite around 36x80 Feet free flowing track fast laps of 7.7sec.

Any suggestions to remedy this WITHOUT increasing temps further? The track at the upcoming race maybe have a 100 feet straight. Was planning to double side tape a fan on the chassis to make the motor cooler but even a super powerful SpeedPassion fan is like 10grams. My car is too heavy already and it’s already not balanced left to right.

Thanks for any advice and I do really like this speedo!

Ivan
Ivan, Solara = Howard = Me....LOL

Anyhow, lower acc (#15) to 400 and give that a try...keep an eye on motor temp, it will get hotter. You cannot get the car go faster and more punch without gaining motor temp.

If it has room to add more power, increase #10 to 24*/rpm from 18*.

Also, if motor runs cooler...the weight of the car is NOT that much important as the motor can MOVE the car fast enough....add fan on BOOST race is a must (at least for me)....
Old 10-10-2011, 09:02 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Infinite 12th
Ok I just wanted to make sure it's not limited if I have to run less than mod

On a second note does the GT2.0 Pro Brushless ESC also work the same with firmware change like the 12th one so I can run the .5 classes as well as mod

Curious also when say running TC mod and 17.5 how does a racer deal with that between heats for both. This also applies to the 12th

I just want to know what to do when running both at big races

Thank you
The entire SPEED PASSION GT series ESC are all software interchangable...each ESC can run all the software from 508 no timing (blinky) to straight mod 205g, or boost stock (323stock) or boost mod (119mod)...every GT can run these software by simply changing from the laptop computer via our LCD programmer card.

GT2 PRO and GT2 EX are exactly the same thing with same spec except EX has build in booster so it can work with the 1S lipo without an external booster pack. However, when running MOD...we suggest to mount a receiver pack just to keep the servo and AMB work thru out the entire 8 minutes. It is not just for SP esc, I think it is a standard practice for all MOD 12th scale racer to use receiver pack.

I hope you are not talking about using the SAME CAR SAME ESC but running between rounds on MOD and stock with boost.......if you are, you will have a hard time to upload, download software and setting between rounds....you have to have 2 cars for that unless you are running some very small carpet track, then you can run boost stock setup on both boost stock and MOD cause boost stock can be very fast for small track layout as MOD just cannot use up the motor in small area.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:09 AM
Tech Addict

Questions?? GT PRO2.0 / SA V2.0 5.5R MOD SETTINGS SC10 4X4

Just completed building my SC104x4 last week with the ESC/BL motor combo above and need help with the ESC settings. I already uploaded the latest software for my LCD box but not sure which MOD software I should use. The GT PRO already came with the default 090205MOD settings and I uploaded the more recent one (11xxxxMOD).

Don't have any plans of racing anytime soon. Plan to go to the park with my daughter and chase her TRF801xt nitro truggy around for fun. Need to know a good MOD setting were it won't fry the ESC/BL while having fun at the park. My SC104x4's FDR is @ 12.26 with 32P 13/62 pinion/spur gear as manual suggests for 550 5.5T BL motors.

Thank you to anyone who can help.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
Ivan, Solara = Howard = Me....LOL

Anyhow, lower acc (#15) to 400 and give that a try...keep an eye on motor temp, it will get hotter. You cannot get the car go faster and more punch without gaining motor temp.

If it has room to add more power, increase #10 to 24*/rpm from 18*.

Also, if motor runs cooler...the weight of the car is NOT that much important as the motor can MOVE the car fast enough....add fan on BOOST race is a must (at least for me)....
Thanks for the advice Howard!

2 other questions:

Is it okay to take the fan off the speedo and double side tape that fan to the chassis for the motor?

I got that problem of the speedo occasionally when I turn it on and throttle a bit, it reverts to the green blinking light (no timing mode). I turn it off and on again and it seems to fix the problem for the time being. I've read it's either my sensor wire or the sensor port on the motor. Am I correct?

Thanks again for all the help,

Ivan
Old 10-10-2011, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

GT2 PRO and GT2 EX are exactly the same thing with same spec except EX has build in booster so it can work with the 1S lipo without an external booster pack. However, when running MOD...we suggest to mount a receiver pack just to keep the servo and AMB work thru out the entire 8 minutes. It is not just for SP esc, I think it is a standard practice for all MOD 12th scale racer to use receiver pack.
i thought the GT2.0pro had a booster built in too , mine works on 1s

BUT i havn't got my whole 1/12th yet , waiting for it to arrive from the UK
Old 10-10-2011, 09:56 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (75%+)

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
you are saying 1s is same as mmm except for different sensor (more timing for mmm)?
Old 10-10-2011, 10:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The entire SPEED PASSION GT series ESC are all software interchangable...each ESC can run all the software from 508 no timing (blinky) to straight mod 205g, or boost stock (323stock) or boost mod (119mod)...every GT can run these software by simply changing from the laptop computer via our LCD programmer card.

I hope you are not talking about using the SAME CAR SAME ESC but running between rounds on MOD and stock with boost.......if you are, you will have a hard time to upload, download software and setting between rounds....you have to have 2 cars for that unless you are running some very small carpet track, then you can run boost stock setup on both boost stock and MOD cause boost stock can be very fast for small track layout as MOD just cannot use up the motor in small area.
Thanks for letting me know all that info dude. I am glad, although now I need two cars...lol...that I only need one speedo for 12th or TC. There was a lot of confusion about having two speedos which I simply cannot afford

Now I have to find place to buy the GT V2.1 EX Brushless ESC one for a reasonable price and they seem to not have any at my local track or even online

In suggestion would be nice to have speed pashion have multiple settings for different classes, like with transmitted models so all the software would be in the speedo just have button or something to skip to 17.5 setting or mod so second car wouldn't have to be used

Seems kinda crazy to have 2 12th and 2 TC...lol

Thanks again

Last edited by Infinite 12th; 10-10-2011 at 01:37 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:04 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JRRobiso
Just completed building my SC104x4 last week with the ESC/BL motor combo above and need help with the ESC settings. I already uploaded the latest software for my LCD box but not sure which MOD software I should use. The GT PRO already came with the default 090205MOD settings and I uploaded the more recent one (11xxxxMOD).

Don't have any plans of racing anytime soon. Plan to go to the park with my daughter and chase her TRF801xt nitro truggy around for fun. Need to know a good MOD setting were it won't fry the ESC/BL while having fun at the park. My SC104x4's FDR is @ 12.26 with 32P 13/62 pinion/spur gear as manual suggests for 550 5.5T BL motors.

Thank you to anyone who can help.
If you are bashing...I think you should stick with the 205G software cause that software does not have BOOST/Supercharger feature like the one that you loaded (110119mod)....the 110119mod is for full race condition that required alot more complicated setting...if not handle right, yes, you can blow up the motor and esc easily.

You should turn DOWN the AMTS timing within the 205g just to play safe....check motor temp and increase your timing and gearing if temperature allow you do so.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:08 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tryandfok
you are saying 1s is same as mmm except for different sensor (more timing for mmm)?
No...MMM is designed BASE on the 1S...alot more different then just a higher degrees of timing sensor board.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sandrixx
hi all!! just want to know if the HobbyWing 2-in-1 Advanced Professional LCD Program Box will work on my SP GT2.0 to upload the 323 STOCK software?... they physically look the same...

http://www.hobbypartz.com/hobbywing-...ogram-box.html

http://www.speedpassion.net/en/produ...=SPLCD01&c=OPT

my objective is to have my GT2.0 esc installed with "supercharger"... on my sp 10.5t motor.

please help,,, thank you in advance!
It sure will work, Thats what I use.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:24 PM
Tech Addict

Smile

If you are bashing...I think you should stick with the 205G software cause that software does not have BOOST/Supercharger feature like the one that you loaded (110119mod)....the 110119mod is for full race condition that required alot more complicated setting...if not handle right, yes, you can blow up the motor and esc easily.

You should turn DOWN the AMTS timing within the 205g just to play safe....check motor temp and increase your timing and gearing if temperature allow you do so.
Thanks Solara! It's a good thing I checked in here first with you SP experts before going to the park this week with my daughter and if I didn't...I could've just smoked away the $$ I spent to buy the stuff. Since I earlier purchased in late August a SA V2.0 ESC and 3S Lipo batt pack before consulting with you guys...I guess I will need to find a rig for that one since that combo won't fit the SC104x4...hmmm...a Losi 10-SCTE 4WD might be next on my list.

Solara, would a SA V2.0 5.5R work with the Losi or should I get the Cirtix Slotless Sensored Motor for 1/8 - 2200/2500KV?

Thanks again for the help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.