Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin iphone app

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 10:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I have loved Tekin since the days of G12 and currently use the RS Pro / RX8. But in this time and day when technology is so close I too will stop looking for other speedo's once Tekin adds 1s and a mobile solution!

Originally Posted by ByteStream
Don't get me wrong, I like my Tekin RS but I'd stop window shopping for other ESC's if the RS had a built in booster for 1s and was able to be programmed with a smartphone.

Time to innovate, no excuses.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:24 AM
Tech Regular

I've used Tekin speedo's since the '90s, i actually own an RX8 and a Minirage and sold three RSpro's in the last 16 months. I moved to other speedos ( Gm 120/S.P. GT2.0Pro/H.W.Xtreme) since i need to set'em up every time i change the track .
The solution of bringing the laptop everytime i need to make some accurate changes is a P.I.T.A. . I will go back buiyn Tekin speedo's whe "the Company" will figure out something faster and more reliable than a Pc's S.W. to work with.
Nothing to say about the quality of the systems, top notch to me, the problem is with a missing programmable interface.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Not to mention I run on Mac's - takes too much time to load Windows via Parallels to run just Tekin's software...

Originally Posted by ghiro
The solution of bringing the laptop everytime i need to make some accurate changes is a P.I.T.A. . I will go back buiyn Tekin speedo's whe "the Company" will figure out something faster and more reliable than a Pc's S.W. to work with.
Nothing to say about the quality of the systems, top notch to me, the problem is with a missing programmable interface.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SNIPR
Not to mention I run on Mac's - takes too much time to load Windows via Parallels to run just Tekin's software...
Me to, on a Win7 32 Bootcamped MacBook Pro.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ghiro
I've used Tekin speedo's since the '90s, i actually own an RX8 and a Minirage and sold three RSpro's in the last 16 months. I moved to other speedos ( Gm 120/S.P. GT2.0Pro/H.W.Xtreme) since i need to set'em up every time i change the track .
i agree. i have been using tekin since brushless came out and instead of worrying about iphone and droid apps why not just come out with a programmable controller like the orion r10. right now i have no laptop to bring to track with me and i cant tune.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

There's usually an update every April 1st.

Last edited by Buckaroo; 02-13-2012 at 11:15 AM.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

so im wondering if they are actually coming out with an app based solution to fit the needs of racers. i for one is coming from a whole slew of tekin stuff but having a laptop or finding one is hard at times plus going back forth setting the esc. if it was on my tablet which i carry with me on the track it would alot easier to keep my tekin stuff and use them on the fly. anyone know any info on this?

thanks,D
Old 02-21-2012, 11:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by derbrylac
so im wondering if they are actually coming out with an app based solution to fit the needs of racers. i for one is coming from a whole slew of tekin stuff but having a laptop or finding one is hard at times plus going back forth setting the esc. if it was on my tablet which i carry with me on the track it would alot easier to keep my tekin stuff and use them on the fly. anyone know any info on this?

thanks,D
Dunno .. but Speed Passion has some pending patents on Wifi and Bluetooth update capabilities (not sure of the details) .. so that ship might have sailed as the choices are getting thin without having to pay competitors royalties.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by derbrylac

thanks,D
Tekin has made it clear they don't plan on changing their hardware for a while, so I wouldn't expect them to have WiFi or BlueTooth sync any time soon.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:18 PM
Tech Master

The RSX is coming out in a few weeks and has a programmable port on the ESC. I wonder if it is just for hotwire to connect or for a hand held programmer.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:23 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Guys the dates I mentioned in the video are a bit "off." I made a mistake and mentioned a time frame...

We are not going after blue tooth for connectivity to our new line of products.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

So is this still in the works? Its only been talked about now for 2 years!
Old 06-18-2012, 05:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnqpublic
So is this still in the works? Its only been talked about now for 2 years!
It was an April Fool's day hoax.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (85%+)

This is the best idea in the world !!!! They need an app for the iPhone /iPad / mobile device .....all these other companies have this programmer that is small in size and creates easy access to adjust settings !!! I love tekin and personally have 4 of the rs speedos but because of the pain in the a@& of having to bring a laptop and a Hotwire to adjust setting I'm almost ready to go to a diff brand with more flexibility in the programming end of it... Hopefully they will jump on board alongside all the competitors and make a programmer or develop a mobile device app so that programming becomes a quick and simple task
Old 07-14-2012, 11:01 PM
Tech Initiate

real or not?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.