Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wichita KS on road racing

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 02:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Wichita KS on road racing

As of this moment Wichita, KS does not know what an on road rc car is. Everything is off road. I have a NTC3 and really am craving some racing action with other cars. If you live in the Wichita area and would like to help form a group of drivers that would like to start a racing club please call or email [email protected] or 316-573-3522 Kasey.

I would like to start out small but if we get enough drivers maybe we could build a portable track. I know there are other guys out there like me if so look forward to hearing from you all
Old 01-21-2010, 02:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Default drivers

I have recruited about 4 other drivers we are working on getting a track. Probably going to set up in Wichita somewhere. I am wanting to get some guys to start a club.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Default more information

As of this moment Jim Bowman has found our old track and is going to be picking it up. Once we get the track and proper weather we plan to start meeting. There is around 10 of us that are serious. We are also working a deal with Hobby town about racing in their parking lot. Lets bring on road nitro or electric back to the scene. This was such a fun sport until it got so competitive. We want to make this more of a group activity than a competitive race scene. No matter if you have bottom of the line or top of the line come out. I encourage everyone to participate. Help us get this club off the ground. Call Kasey 316-573-3522 or email [email protected]
Old 01-31-2010, 01:28 PM
Tech Addict

Hey guys,
As someone who used to live in Wichita, I am glad to see you get on-road going there. Once you are up and running, get some of your guys together for a road trip to TX. We have a lot of on-road events in TX and are always looking for a few more racers. Mostly running 1/10th and 1/8th Nitro. There are two permanent tracks and the possibility of a third track that will be temporary in San Antonio. Ft. Worth (5 hrs drive) and Houston (8 hrs drive) are where the permanent tracks are. Here is our 2010 schedule;

2010 Schedule

Mar 3 - 7 / Pre-Worlds @ Gulfcoast-Porter, TX (2009 SWCS Banquet)
Mar 27 & 28 / SWCS #1 @ Gulfcoast-Porter, TX
Apr 23 - 25 / Texas Biggie - SWCS #2 @ RCRCNT-Rendon, TX
May 21 - 23 / Xray Challenge - SWCS #3 @ Gulfcoast-Porter, TX
Jun 9 - 13 / ROAR Fuel On-Road Nationals @ Lincoln, Nebraska
Jun 26 & 27 / SWCS #4 @ TBA-San Antonio, TX
Jul 21 - Aug 1 / IFMAR 1/10 IC World Championship @ Gulfcoast-Porter, TX
Aug 14 & 15 / SWCS #5 @ RCRCNT-Rendon, TX
Sep 18 & 19 / SWCS #6 @ TBA-San Antonio, TX
Oct 16 & 17 / ROAR Region 9 Championship @ TBA, TX
Nov 5 - 7 / Gulfcoast Grand Prix @ Gulfcoast-Porter, TX

10 Races here in Texas .... that should keep us busy

Please standby for the revised 2010 By-Laws to be provided.
Your 2010 SWCS Committee are as follows:
GULFCOAST / Porter = Roger Bourland & Jeff Parker
RCRCNT / Rendon = Larry Pryor & Terry Brown
SAN ANTONIO = Ward Merrell & TBD
Secretary = Bob Ingersoll

Maybe we can get some sort of exchange - you guys come down for a race and we get a few guys to go up there for a race. Keep us informed of your progress and let's go racing.

See you at the finish line,
Roger
Old 01-31-2010, 10:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Default race offer

Hey appreciate the offer. I may be down there sometime in September maybe I will make the September race.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:21 PM
Tech Addict

Let me know when you come down and look me up at the race. Plenty of guys to help with setup so that you can get on the track and get running. Hope to see you then.
Roger
Old 02-01-2010, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

As a long time on road guy I am more then interested in hearing what is going on in Wichita. I know Jim well and know that he will do a good job on getting a club going. Any more details would be great. I have a couple more "old on road guys" that may be interested as well. I know Topeka has done very well with their parking lot series. Any info would help in terms of what a person may want to run.

Thanks and good luck with this project!

Jeff Werner
Old 02-03-2010, 06:50 PM
Tech Initiate

We were thinking more of a club than a racing circuit. Just some guys running for a good time. I don't know if you raced at Leekers but similar to that situation. It wasn't too competitive and everybody helped one another out. That was my idea of a good time racing. Like I said Jim is getting the track this weekend weather permitting. I am still working the bugs out. Lots of guys are getting interested and I think with Jim's help we will pull it off and maybe get something cool going. I have another guy who is desperate to get out and run. He is running electric. We tried to meet Friday but obviously mother nature wasn't having that. We are going to try and meet this Friday weather permitting. Any other questions call Kasey at 316-573-3522 or email [email protected]
Old 02-06-2010, 01:16 AM
Tech Initiate

Default updates

Sounds like this thing is really getting put together. I have several guys that seem to be very interested. As soon as it starts to warm up we are going to start racing. There are no rules to join the club just call us and you can come run. We are going to get the old CTRC track out of storage some time this coming week. Once it is cleaned and repaired we will have that at our disposal. Several of the guys have equipment they are chipping in. We don't have a transponder system. Several of us have been talking about making this a fun and not competitive thing. There will be no awards for winning just bragging rights. If you like on road nitro and you wanna play in Wichita give me a call. I started a Facebook account with the name Sedgwick County RC I will start adding pics and more information as time goes. Feel free to call 316-573-3522 Kasey.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

You guys should join the Wichita forum and tell all of those guys about what you're doing. I know there are several racers (including myself) wanting to try on-road out. I just had this discussion with a racer in Hutch the other day and he told me the only reason he doesn't race a sedan anymore is because there isn't anywhere nearby to do it.

ICT R/C Racing
http://ictrcracing.com

Last edited by AndrewClaycomb; 03-18-2010 at 11:11 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Default progress

We have gathered around 10 or so people interested at this point. I spoke with Jim he is going to get the track this weekend weather permitting. Probably be setting something up here within the next few weeks I assume. Go to facebook sedgwickcountyrc and add as a friend I will keep updates at that site. Interested call Kasey 316-573-3522
Old 04-01-2010, 05:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Default update

I spoke to the owner of Timbercreek hobbies about running races in his parking lot. He thought it was a great idea. Still no word from Jim. Probably be setting up something shortly. Keep checking for updates.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Tech Adept

I know you are trying to get a club thing going but if any of your guys are interested the Heart of America series opener is May 1st and 2nd at Kansas Speedway coinciding with the Indy car series and the truck races. We set up a track right y the front entrance, it was such a good time last year that they had to do it again. The classes are 1/8 th open, 1/10 th sedan and GT. So if any of you can make it it is a blast. They have some pics from last years race on thier website www.heartofamericaseries.com.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Default race day

April 10th at 1 pm Timber Creek hobbies in Derby. All races are open at this time. No restrictions no fees. questions call 316-573-3522