Wiki Posts
Search

2011 On-Road Reedy Race of Champions

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 09:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default killa grip

man the banking is off the hook! eric you are the man! thanks for the hard work on the track.......world class track.... thats all i have to say!
Old 05-16-2011, 12:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I really appreciate the fact Eric stands behind his track. He really listens to racers and what they want. I thank the whole Nor-Cal crew for always maintaining a beautiful track we can all enjoy. You guys make this hobby fun

Eric Kim
Old 05-16-2011, 09:40 PM
Tech Addict

Getting closer and closer!
Old 05-17-2011, 08:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

With the recent word of Mike Reedy's passing, will there be a moment of silence or some sort of tribute at any point during the weekend?
Old 05-17-2011, 10:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Ya think...
Geez
Old 05-17-2011, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by skypilot
Ya think...
Geez
I'm with you Ritchie...why inquire about the obvious, what's the point!!!
Old 05-17-2011, 11:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by trackdesigner71
With the recent word of Mike Reedy's passing, will there be a moment of silence or some sort of tribute at any point during the weekend?
Do we know this as fact? I read most RC racing forums and blogs and I do not remember seeing anything that Mike passed away and I think that would be big news. There is nothing on the Team Associated website.

I did see that Mr. Pico of Pico engine fame passes away a few days ago but I have not seen anything about Mike's passing. I could have missed it, I guess.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Crashby
Do we know this as fact? I read most RC racing forums and blogs and I do not remember seeing anything that Mike passed away and I think that would be big news. There is nothing on the Team Associated website.

I did see that Mr. Pico of Pico engine fame passes away a few days ago but I have not seen anything about Mike's passing. I could have missed it, I guess.
I start at the top of RC-Tech each morning and read down. If I would have gone down a few threads, I would have seen that Mike passed away at 1:08 this AM. All I can say is, end of an era.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

This years REEDY Race of Champion will be special for all of us and I'm glad I'm part of it.

R.I.P Mr. Mike Reedy!!!!
Old 05-17-2011, 01:33 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by skypilot
Ya think...
Geez
Didnt have to be so snippy about it...I thought I asked a fair question. I mean I know the race bears his name and will be a good lasting tribute to one of if not the greatest minds in electric RC...I was just asking if Eric and the guys would do something in particular for this year.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Old 05-17-2011, 02:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Didnt have to be so snippy about it...I thought I asked a fair question. I mean I know the race bears his name and will be a good lasting tribute to one of if not the greatest minds in electric RC...I was just asking if Eric and the guys would do something in particular for this year.
I'm just a tool I guess.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yes you did ask a fair Question but do you think that maybe that they have not heard about it yet and might want time to get in contact with Team Assocated and talk about how they want to handle it and not jump on the froum and make a comment till things are thought thru. You posted your question less then an Hour after someone posted about him passing. If you know anything about the history of the RROC it was to celabrate his Birthday and with his passing things are not going to be the same at the RROC.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:49 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tpczx6
Yes you did ask a fair Question but do you think that maybe that they have not heard about it yet and might want time to get in contact with Team Assocated and talk about how they want to handle it and not jump on the froum and make a comment till things are thought thru. You posted your question less then an Hour after someone posted about him passing. If you know anything about the history of the RROC it was to celabrate his Birthday and with his passing things are not going to be the same at the RROC.
Understood...I just though it unnecessary for skypilot to snap at my post like I had said something ill about his mother or something...
Old 05-17-2011, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I am more then sure something will be done to commemorate Mike's life, accomplishments and passing. The Reedy Race{s} are his legacy after all.

Let's stay on topic.

Weather here has been unseasonably cool. Short range weather outlook looks like the race will have comfortable 70* weather. Can't beat that! No one say the "R" word unless your talking about RACING.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.