Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc) >

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Like Tree4Likes

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Old 11-15-2011, 06:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The DCJ's are still a work in progress. We should start seeing another round of samples soon.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Please make sure the axles can take some hits without getting bend. This is a problem right now with the Litemodz CVS. The AE axles have the right strength!
Old 11-15-2011, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

The Litemodz failed me terribly this weekend. They are definitely not strong enough for Modified Carpet Racing. A light graze with the wall was all it took for the retainer ring to fail and the joint to essentially eject all the balls and self-destruct. Kind of disappointing. This is the reason we are trying to get ours right.

What was good was the fact that with the RSD line of parts installed on my car I had so much steering that I was able to use a low amount of dual rate, which prevented the carpet chatter I experienced before with my TC6 with stock universals
Old 11-15-2011, 11:20 AM
Tech Regular

I got my pistons and bladders today and they are a great job, very pleased with them. Thanks.

Quick question... Does anyone use any other o-rings other than the Associated ones when building their pistons as I still have some squeaking in my pistons and I am wondering if it is the o-rings?
Old 11-15-2011, 12:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scoyle
I got my pistons and bladders today and they are a great job, very pleased with them. Thanks.

Quick question... Does anyone use any other o-rings other than the Associated ones when building their pistons as I still have some squeaking in my pistons and I am wondering if it is the o-rings?
I am using the stock o-rings from when I built my current car (late August) and I don't have any issues...... one thing to remember is when bleeding them, don't push the shock shaft all the way back up --- leave about 2-3mm so that the piston doesn't push against the bladder. I don't think it would cause the squeaking but better to eliminate it as a problem. This is especially apparent when setting 0 rebound.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scoyle

If you used any green slime on the o ring when you built them that will do it. I did that on mine and there is a small squeak. Freaks me out a little but there's never any air in the shocks so I stick with it. If you want to try another o ring I'd go with GS silicon o ring (good silicon, same size as AE o ring)
Old 11-16-2011, 06:06 AM
Tech Regular

I got my stuff today and it's looking good. Cant wait to try the stuff out. Thanks RSD!
Old 11-16-2011, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Default Fall Classic Set-Up

https://reflexracing.3dcartstores.co...sic_Tabush.jpg

Last edited by CristianTabush; 11-16-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
Hmmm, looks a bit less aggressive than Keven's typical setup..... I actually plan to try a setup close to that on low bite for 17.5 but softer springs.....
Old 11-16-2011, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

I disagree, he runs a higher rear roll center. I run a shorter front link. The short link makes the car much more aggressive than the higher rear roll center. My set-up used 4 degrees of total caster, Keven's is about 5. Again, something that makes the car a little more aggressive on turn in.

Typically I like my car to carve with the front end, with what I have tried with Keven's set-ups they seem to pivot more and are much more neutral than mine. Something that would suit his heavy braking style.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:01 PM
Tech Master

I disagree, he runs a higher rear roll center. I run a shorter front link. The short link makes the car much more aggressive than the higher rear roll center. My set-up used 4 degrees of total caster, Keven's is about 5. Again, something that makes the car a little more aggressive on turn in.

Typically I like my car to carve with the front end, with what I have tried with Keven's set-ups they seem to pivot more and are much more neutral than mine. Something that would suit his heavy braking style.
I thought more caster would increase that, or is that only mid-corner? I haven't played around with a short front link on the 6 so I didn't know how drastic of a change it is.

Also, opening that sheet on my phone wasn't the best idea, since I apparently didn't read it right at all! upon second glance I see I misread the arm blocks. Ignore anything I said!
Old 11-16-2011, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

More caster gives more mid and exit steering. Anti dive also takes away initial turn in. Both of which are elements of the Hebert set-up. He also runs the car wider in the front, another thing that increases stability into the corner over my personal set-up.

Typically I like very aggressive set-ups, but this one was quite balanced. I did try the higher roll center in the rear and the long link in the front. The long link made the car have non-linear steering. It was like the front pulled around the rear end. The higher rear roll center made the car too flat for my liking and actually made my lap times slower, so I went back to the 0B all around. I tend to like a very particular feel for my car with quite a bit of body roll. It makes me not overdrive the car and allows me to run the tightest line around the circuit, which is typically my driving style. I tend to like my car to feel like a double one way car. This was the best driving carpet car I have had to date.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The set-up will be up soon. Although we were running open Mod, not 17.5. My car was about as fast as a 17.5 boosted poorly in the last main. I was having speedo heat issues and had a motor that was not very fast, even when boosted. Gotta just pick up a 4.0 or 4.5 and just run it in blinky mode.
Drew was running a Reedy Sonic 5.0, not sure what Pauly had, 4.5 seems to be the standard with the "pros".

Your car looked really good besides lacking a little straightaway speed. Definitely have a good baseline for the nationals, although there will be alot more traction with more entries.

Good to see you again BTW, tell your dad that I said hi.

Last edited by Kyle Wilson; 11-16-2011 at 05:47 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Kyle! Thanks for the info...

I definitely have to get my motor configuration figured out. The set-up was good, but power was not :P Probably had something to do with the motor I was running. It has never run right, even on my buggy or 2WD SC truck. I thought it was gonna be enough, but as soon as I saw Drew and Paul's cars I knew it was not...

Hope you get better soon, I'll make sure to let my pops know you say hi.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

Default Rear Bumper for TC6

Pre-orders are up! These are almost ready. They would be ready next week, but it's Thanksgiving, so they will be ready to ship on 11/28-11/29.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.