Community
Wiki Posts
Search

answer rc alloy CVD axles?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 01:21 AM
Tech Regular

Default answer rc alloy CVD axles?

i was thinking of replacing the front and rear CVD axles for my losi 8ight because mine have become very sloppy on the bearing and i want some stronger axles but has anyone got some of these:

http://www.apexmodels.com/gbu0-prodshow/ANSOPL806.html

do these last longer then the standard ones meaning these are stronger? or do i just get the standard ones if they do not make such a difference?
Old 03-14-2010, 05:31 AM
Tech Regular

come on im thinking of buying these and i need to know by tonight if anyone has got some or even used them plz help
Old 03-14-2010, 05:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I doubt they are stronger, if anything they will wear out faster and could possibly break with a bad landing.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

From the picture these looks like a soft alloy. Stay with the stock steel ones or a LOSI upgrade.
Are you sure it's the axles and not the bearings? Usually the bearings are what cause the slop.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

the answer units are awesome ..they are not soft material ...just lighter ..they also have alternate pin holes in them for moving th epin when they start to get some play ..they give a light less unsprung weight ...less rotating mass .. i run them on my 8 buggy they are awesome ...
Old 03-14-2010, 07:48 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by zixxer
the answer units are awesome ..they are not soft material ...just lighter ..they also have alternate pin holes in them for moving th epin when they start to get some play ..they give a light less unsprung weight ...less rotating mass .. i run them on my 8 buggy they are awesome ...

yea but do you think, they can hold up on a truggy?
Old 03-14-2010, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
yea but do you think, they can hold up on a truggy?
i have not ran them on truggy ....so this is an educated guess ..i will say yes they will ..allthough a truggy has a little more rip and pressure in that area ...i do know that plenty of answer drivers are running them on truggy ....another thing i will say is that mike the distributor for answer rc has always been very stand up with customers ...so if you had a problem he WILL take care of it for you ....
Old 03-14-2010, 11:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Franchise
From the picture these looks like a soft alloy. Stay with the stock steel ones or a LOSI upgrade.
Are you sure it's the axles and not the bearings? Usually the bearings are what cause the slop.
no because i have just replaced the bearings but there is still some movement and there is movement of the axle on the bearings
Old 03-14-2010, 11:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by zixxer
i have not ran them on truggy ....so this is an educated guess ..i will say yes they will ..allthough a truggy has a little more rip and pressure in that area ...i do know that plenty of answer drivers are running them on truggy ....another thing i will say is that mike the distributor for answer rc has always been very stand up with customers ...so if you had a problem he WILL take care of it for you ....
can you please give me an address or something so that i can get in touch with him and ask him? many thanks for all the replies so might be ordering them soon if i get a reply from mike
Old 03-14-2010, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

His screen name on here is mikenix. He'll help you!
Old 03-14-2010, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 235 (100%+)
Default axels

i ran a set of matrix aluminum axels on my buggy and truggy dont hold up on the truggy 1 bad landing and they will break buggy they held up great i wouldnt use any aluminum axels on the truggy
Old 03-14-2010, 12:13 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

X2 alum axles work but do wear a lot faster and have the potential to snap in 1/2 at the worst of times.....I have a couple set's of Matrix axle's but i was more interested in the boot you can run with them VS the weight and extra holes.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:29 PM
Tech Regular

i only have the losi 8ight buggy because thats all that they race at my local track which is very bumpy but only has one small jump so it should not break from a big landing
Old 03-14-2010, 12:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

I have those axles on my 8ight T 2.0, the fit and finish are excellent. They will improve your torque (less rotating weight). Like somebody else mentioned there are 3 sets of holes where they attach to the CVD so you can move holes when they wear. I don't see these snapping, I ran them now for two occasions showing little to no wear.

Get them here:http://answer-rcusa.com/zencart/inde...roducts_id=346

Check your wheel hubs too, they develop slop on the axle.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:02 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by aaron joy
I have those axles on my 8ight T 2.0, the fit and finish are excellent. They will improve your torque (less rotating weight). Like somebody else mentioned there are 3 sets of holes where they attach to the CVD so you can move holes when they wear. I don't see these snapping, I ran them now for two occasions showing little to no wear.

Check your wheel hubs too, they develop slop on the axle.
yes these are the one i was thinking of getting. are they alot stronger then the standard drive axle? because i will replace them once a year but do they last longer then the standard

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.