Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AKA EVO Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 08:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thanks for chiming in Pitpop, was hoping you would!

Joel, Mark, and Gil know what's up, they are legends in the RC world. Anyone remember Joel "Magic" Johnson back in the Trinity days? Same guy at AKA. I trust guys who have won countless championships, and their product speaks for itself.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:28 AM
Tech Master

Default Reader's Choice Ballot

It's funny how that works. Sometimes I have to take a leap of faith and trust these guys even if I'm not sure what they're doing. It's like that with all the guys, Kanai, Mark, they all have a method to their madness. I really believe in listening to those guys who have won before, it's very important. Cody and I have surrounded ourselves with people who know how to win and it obviously worked out for us.

On another note, it's that time of year again! You can vote on-line for the Car Action reader's choice awards. It's super easy, and you automatically get in a drawing to win one of the top vehicles in one category. I'm not going to tell you which driver to vote for, but the newly crowned World Champ might be a good choice! You can also vote for your favorite AKA product as well.

http://www.rccaraction.com/choiceform
Old 02-18-2011, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by pitpop
It's funny how that works. Sometimes I have to take a leap of faith and trust these guys even if I'm not sure what they're doing. It's like that with all the guys, Kanai, Mark, they all have a method to their madness. I really believe in listening to those guys who have won before, it's very important. Cody and I have surrounded ourselves with people who know how to win and it obviously worked out for us.

On another note, it's that time of year again! You can vote on-line for the Car Action reader's choice awards. It's super easy, and you automatically get in a drawing to win one of the top vehicles in one category. I'm not going to tell you which driver to vote for, but the newly crowned World Champ might be a good choice! You can also vote for your favorite AKA product as well.

http://www.rccaraction.com/choiceform
Yeah, except to me it's not a very big leap when those guys have the resumes they do, it's more like a hop of faith lol! What you say is so true pitpop, follow the leaders so to speak. Clearly you guys are doing the right things. Hope Cody and you have a great season this year, best of luck!
Old 02-18-2011, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

SO TRUE! It's not a leap, or even a hop, more like a step.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Has anyone blown one of these rims up yet? Now I'm not the smoothest driver, but I blew up the right rear rim in one race day somehow, started cracking majorly after one heat, glued it well but then just blew out a chunk in the Main. Actually kind of shocked it happened as I haven't cracked Losi pre-mount or Panther rims that have much more time on them. FWIW tires are Panther Switch 2.0 Clay with AKA Black foams on high-bite clay.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

I wouldn't worry about it too much. The cold temps we see in the midwest make a lot of plastics brittle.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

Was the rim new or did you have a set of tires on them before then removed them to mount up these? Cold weather may have affected it as well.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

been using the new rims since they came out, they seem stronger and run truer from the old rims and have not cracked any yet. I am not kind to my equipment.

assuming we are running in the same conditions. raced at leisures tromoly?
Old 02-25-2011, 10:01 AM
Tech Regular

AZRC4Me, rims were brand new when I mounted the tires.

johnny t, yes I do, the rim cracked at the Presidential on Sunday.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

might have just been a freak one off thing. I know a truggy guy pitted next to me at that race kept breaking wheels; he had a aluminum A arms and hubs on his truck. I explained that any part that does not give transfers that energy to the adjacent parts, in his case the wheels had to take most the abuse. Just an FYI.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

Hmm, strange. Probably a freak accident. I've ran em in cold (sub 50deg F outdoors) and haven't had any cracking issues. Did u run em with or without the stiffeners?
Old 02-25-2011, 11:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by AZRC4Me
Did u run em with or without the stiffeners?
Without stiffeners, they didn't get here until after the fact.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AZRC4Me
Hmm, strange. Probably a freak accident. I've ran em in cold (sub 50deg F outdoors) and haven't had any cracking issues. Did u run em with or without the stiffeners?
50F is cold???
Old 02-25-2011, 01:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 071crazy
50F is cold???
Haha, yea for a CA/AZ native it is. Lived in MI for 5 yrs and couldn't handle it lol!
Old 02-25-2011, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

the combination below freezing temps and hard crashes, aka rims crack, the old rims or the evos. i have had it happen to me with both rim styles. but you know what, no matter what brand of tire i put on them, they never come unglued. i cant say that about any other brand of wheel.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.