Why does everybody dislike Corally?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why does everybody dislike Corally?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 12:38 PM
Tech Adept

Why do more people not run Corally? Don't know!! Same question I have about electric 4wd off road racing best electric class out there but it's never caught on!! As far as Corally goes I used to race Corally a few years ago I stopped when we quite distributing their products here in Canada. I still think it's the best 1/12 scale car out there.
Old 02-23-2004, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I wouldn't say never caught on......more like never recovered....4wd offroad used to be huge, then the RC10 came out....and it got smaller, then the JRX2 hit....GAME OVER.

And the biggest hurdle with 4wd is the cost....kits are more pricey , tires wear faster in the front, and maintence is higher.

Later EddieO
Old 02-23-2004, 01:27 PM
Tech Adept

So, you guys keep talking about the great Superior hobbies. Can you order from them? If they are the ones that run the Corally USA site then that site charges full retail which sucks. Stormer is cheaper on what they have in stock. Where else can I get stuff? LHS has none, but what would they have to do to get it? I assume Corally doesn't go through any of the big distributors.

One other problem is that not everyone can afford to keep a stockpile of parts. I know, I know, my fault for not checking on all this before I got the car, but now that I do I surely can't afford to get something else.

BTW--lots of guys I know have been running foams for years without a truer. They just run them until they are gone or all chunked out. Some of us just have to race what we can. I know I will never win either, but I enjoy being out there. Most guys I know race on a week to week basis, hoping sometimes nothing breaks because all the money went to entry fee. I absolutely hate that moneybags attitude (you have to have this, you can't race without this, new batts every month, 10 cars as parts backups, etc) , wherever I see it. $400 for a truer--not on your life.
Old 02-23-2004, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

the abilaty to buy things at the moment henders people from getting car aswell as the competitive capabilaties of the car to perform right out of the box the c4 car was garbage and the 12 scale car to perform at the level that the team guys have them set up at will cost about another 100 bucks over the cost of the kit because a uses diferent rear pod and t-plates and shock as well as the dampner tubes because the prigional kit car has the condom.
pluss if you are at a track and you have a short supply of rubber you cant use jacos ,trc's , or any other brand for the matter then thier own brand. why ! would you put your self in that situation some people dont have the money to purchase $400 dollars worth of spare parts and another $400 dollars worth of tires to keep them selves in the race. when you own most of the other mainstream cars you can go to 90% of all the tracks and you will ussually find tires and parts for your car.
rob micheal and mike bruce are great guys they are always helpfull when you need their assistance no one can blame them for the way people think about the cars if everyone or alot more people accepted the corallly then it would be easier to make a choice of getting one. ooahh and not have to buy all the parts to get the car to the team level. maybe they should offer a team kit !
Old 02-23-2004, 06:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yes 24601, you can by straight from superior hobbies, but currently their site is down and has been for some time, but you can get the same stuff on the CorallyUSA web site which is practically superior. But everybody who says it is a B**** to get parts from Corally, like said before I live 30 mins away from the Corally "distributor" so I dont have the whole effect of not being able to get parts from Corally, if only everybody had it like that. And also being friends with Mike just pours in advice and setup tips.
Old 02-23-2004, 07:09 PM
Tech Adept

Any idea when superior will be back up and running, and is Superior full retail as well like Corally USA or closer in price to Stormer?
Old 02-23-2004, 07:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

24601-I hope you dont think I was busting your balls-just wanted to let you know thats what you bought and now you know. But I bet none of the other racers would take the time to come over and pick up and look at your 12L3!! At least youve got a cool and unique ride!!

I was a Corally Dealer-but havent ordered in a long time. if you had a signifcant order I could ask Rob if he'd still sell to me. It wouldnt be worth Robs or my time I hope you understand to order 1 a-arm and a pair of tires!!

This is a bit off the topic-and not directed at you 24601-but I feel strongly about this-a lot of guys who dont have tire truers who borrow others miss the whole point. It takes $500 to $600 to buy a good tire truer, get a carbide cutter and tungstn carbide tire rounder and all the arbors. Sometimes a spcial tool holder to cut 1/8th scale and another to cut 12th tires too!! None of its cheap. So when you want to borrow someones truer-or wants you to you cut 4 pairs of tires right now-try and remember your using for free what took that guy months to save up for!! Dont have the hes got it-I deserve to use it attitude-and trust me you get it when youve got one.
Old 02-23-2004, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by speedxl
the abilaty to buy things at the moment henders people from getting car aswell as the competitive capabilaties of the car to perform right out of the box the c4 car was garbage.
The C4 won a european championship. Garbage I think not. You cannot expect a car that was built in europe for european style tracks to just hook up with it's stock setup. I race a C4 euro edition and as I stated before, it is just as fast as any other car out there. Hell the car was so good, Xray copyed it.
Old 02-24-2004, 05:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by fatdoggy
The C4 won a european championship. Garbage I think not. You cannot expect a car that was built in europe for european style tracks to just hook up with it's stock setup. I race a C4 euro edition and as I stated before, it is just as fast as any other car out there. Hell the car was so good, Xray copyed it.
X-Ray copied it, and then fixed everything that was wrong with it, and that made it a winner. Corally abandoned what was a very decent platform to start from, and then went all "revolutionary" with the Assassin, and I'm sorry that car is currently not up to par. After a thicker chassis, some driveline revisions, and a little more geometry tuning they MAY have a good car on their hands, but who wants to drop $400, and then wait to spend even more when the go fast parts come out?
Old 02-24-2004, 07:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by CypressMidWest
X-Ray copied it, and then fixed everything that was wrong with it, and that made it a winner. Corally abandoned what was a very decent platform to start from, and then went all "revolutionary" with the Assassin, and I'm sorry that car is currently not up to par. After a thicker chassis, some driveline revisions, and a little more geometry tuning they MAY have a good car on their hands, but who wants to drop $400, and then wait to spend even more when the go fast parts come out?
you hit the nail on the head. $400 for the kit. $150 for the mid motor conversion....who knows if they are giving the new oneway out for free to people who bought their first one and once the thicker chassis comes out what will the price of it be??????
Old 02-24-2004, 09:02 AM
Tech Regular

Or how about waiting a bit before buying, and then go buy the master edition and short arms and springs... If you have a brain that is properly tuned, you should be able to setup the car to win...

Just my 0.02....
Old 02-24-2004, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

fattdoggy sorry but it seems that your wrong on this one xray took the car and made it better not great but better then thay came out with the new xray based off
the old car and its a good car winning alot of races. as far as the assasin the only its doing is suiecide! it looks cool but doesnt do anything here in the states as far as the car being euro champ thats cool when you consider that they run on 1/8 th scale tracks that are superhighways to a ten scale car and 90% of the turns are fast sweepers that really dont tests the cars abitlity to handle. i live here in florida and race against the corrally guys i have seen and heared everything that they had done to make the c4 go around the track. one of thier main drivers is a close friend and i can tell you he had stuff custom machined and drawing of the suspension geometry and along with cad cam rendering of what the pickup points of the suspension needed to be. and i can say this its surprising that what corallly had done was basically imulate a nitro car which requires a different roll center .
the new car is a new design and it seems they corrected alot of their previous handling issuses.
but we are back to concern #1 parts availabity!
Old 02-24-2004, 10:44 AM
Tech Regular

@speedxl: You really have not seen a lot of european racing have you? You should consider reading a bit more before you open your mouth...
Old 02-24-2004, 10:46 AM
R/C Tech Founder

Originally posted by MartinSorlie
Or how about waiting a bit before buying, and then go buy the master edition and short arms and springs... If you have a brain that is properly tuned, you should be able to setup the car to win...
Like many of us, I'm still working to find a good setup for my brain.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:49 AM
Tech Regular

If you can find a brain setup sheet, I'll fix you up with mine... it probably won't work for you, but it might be worth a try

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.