Community
Wiki Posts
Search

josh cyrul and peak motors

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Not my business, not my fight. but from an outside view...

A contract? What to run for you again?

if so, why would you want that? I wouldnt want anyone running for me who didnt want to.

Again.. life is just too short. Your a millionair. Go buy a Murcielago spider, a case of cubans and enjoy life. if the spider aint for you, send it over here.

And if you do have to pay all of your bills, then why are you bothering? Josh isnt a rich man. Doesnt seem worth your time.

with all due respect- im sure your loosing much more than you know on this. And by that I mean me for example. When I learned of this suit, I basically vowed not to buy your product. And before that, a goal of mine was to be on the then infamous "TRINITY /TEAM LOSI".... well.. im halfway there... It has been a couple years now and i can say that I have held to it. Josh isnt the closest of friends or anything.. really more like an aquaintance at times it seems... but never the less.. he has given me valueable info and theorys and for that i am greatfull. This is one reason I picked his side. I am just one person.

Im a pretty wise guy most of the time. I know youll just laugh this off.. but really, cut your losses. Just let the kid live his life. He has a beutiful daughter.. a great wife... just let them exist. its better for you, better for him, better for RC.
KB
Old 02-14-2006, 05:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Question:

As a sponsored driver you are not allowed to start your own Co. while working for another? IF so WHY?
Old 02-14-2006, 05:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by carkillaii
Question:

As a sponsored driver you are not allowed to start your own Co. while working for another? IF so WHY?

I would think that CEFX, making bodies and 1/12th scale cars would be a conflict of interest.

Regardless of that, if he wanted to quit to move on to be his own entitiy.. any friend would understand I would think.

Certianly "Big Earn" isnt worried about Lil' josh taking a slice of his pie. Or maybe he was/is.

I dont know any major details or anything... but why is it Dieter isnt in the same bind? I mean he is making his own motors.. oval cars...

KB
Old 02-14-2006, 05:16 PM
J_P
Tech Addict

It's called "conflict of interest"
Old 02-14-2006, 05:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
I would think that CEFX, making bodies and 1/12th scale cars would be a conflict of interest.

Regardless of that, if he wanted to quit to move on to be his own entitiy.. any friend would understand I would think.

Certianly "Big Earn" isnt worried about Lil' josh taking a slice of his pie. Or maybe he was/is.
SO TRUE A MAN has the right to move on and grow!!!!!
GOOD LUCK JOSH
Old 02-14-2006, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

SO TRUE A MAN has the right to move on and grow!!!!!
GOOD LUCK JOSH

Thats just it. Josh has put a lot on the line for the RC community in my area. He has opened a HUGE WORLD CLASS facility and that to me says a lot.

He is trying to improve the hobby in our area and is doing a smashing job. I would think that MR. Provetti would see the value in that. I mean without tracks.. a major chunk of his products are moot, or at least, less likely to move fast.

Dropping the case would be a sign of good faith on his part and im sure would boost sales.

KB
Old 02-14-2006, 05:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Ernie,

Since this has become a public fight, what did you want Josh to sign? Everything he has done over to you? Or a new lifetime agreement that would pay him everything he makes now from other people?

Come on tell us
Old 02-14-2006, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Question:

I am probably going to get flamed for siding with "the man" but here goes......

If you are working for ANY company in ANY industry, all ideas, new products etc are the posession of the COMPANY, even if it is not their primary business. (which this is)

If you propose the idea, and they decide they are not interested in it, they MAY let you develop it at their discretion....but if no such agreement takes place, the COMPANY owns it.

They pay you to work there, and so own all intellectual copyright and property.

I dont know the specific details on this, but there are always contracts.

If the product was even remotely related to RC, and there was a work contract, I would say he is hosed
Old 02-14-2006, 05:28 PM
Tech Rookie

What about Dieter?
Old 02-14-2006, 05:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
Thats just it. Josh has put a lot on the line for the RC community in my area. He has opened a HUGE WORLD CLASS facility and that to me says a lot.

He is trying to improve the hobby in our area and is doing a smashing job. I would think that MR. Provetti would see the value in that. I mean without tracks.. a major chunk of his products are moot, or at least, less likely to move fast.

Dropping the case would be a sign of good faith on his part and im sure would boost sales.

KB
Dont know about boosting sales but it would be a sign of good faith
Old 02-14-2006, 05:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by BritRacer

If you are working for ANY company in ANY industry, all ideas, new products etc are the posession of the COMPANY, even if it is not their primary business. (which this is)

If you propose the idea, and they decide they are not interested in it, they MAY let you develop it at their discretion....but if no such agreement takes place, the COMPANY owns it.

If the product was even remotely related to RC, and there was a work contract, I would say he is hosed
I got you Brit
Old 02-14-2006, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I'm with Brit if that is the case. When I started working for the company I am currently employed by, I signed a contract that any of my ideas, whether I came up with them on company time or not, and whether they have anything to do with the industry I am currently employed in or not, belong to the company.

If Josh signed such a contract, or maybe even a time limit no compete clause, Trinity has every right to sue him.
Old 02-14-2006, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks, to clarify for some people who PM'd me.

Imagine this.

You work for dell and during this time you develop, in your spare time, using your work provided dell Laptop at home, using the experience you gained at dell, a low cost high specification laptop.

What do you think would happen if you started up "cheap laptops dot com"?

I think you may be on the end of one h#ll of a sheetstorm.

I know RC is a sport, but it is also business, and as such there are legalities to consider.

And NO-ONE starts a buisiness for fun, unless they dont need the money, and I am sure the new facility he built is amazing.
Old 02-14-2006, 05:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BritRacer

its not all black and white like that. was it in joshs' contract that he could not develop anything on his own?
did he use trinity's resources for the development of his own venture? if the answer is yes to either of those questions he may be as you say "hosed" otherwise i think it maybe an unfounded suit.
Old 02-14-2006, 05:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ntensweapon
its not all black and white like that. was it in joshs' contract that he could not develop anything on his own?
I do not know this, but if it is a product that directly competes with the company he gained knowledge which AIDED in teh development of that product, I would say its not good.

did he use trinity's resources for the development of his own venture? if the answer is yes to either of those questions he may be as you say "hosed" otherwise i think it maybe an unfounded suit.
"Resources" also applies to experience. If he learned how to design for mass production while at trinity, that was a Trinity provided resource.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.