Search
Like Tree564Likes

Gizmo Racing USA Genesis TC Kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thecaptain
Im not sure if theyre available in another form. I got both together.
Yes, they are available individually, but I would say the biggest benefit is not using a caster doodle with the kit arms, but rather the new hole to use with the ling arms. We are loving the new arms under all conditions.​​​​​​
Old 02-13-2019, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tbrymer
Damn, you got a deal on that.
ya I couldn't believe that no one bid on it. I had my bid sniper set fairly low but I got it for the reserve. I currently have awesomatix cars but this genesis caught my eye. Hopefully the car is as nice as the photos lead me to believe. I'll wait until it shows up but i imagine that an aluminum chassis and long arm kit is in the near future
Old 02-14-2019, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default GZ2

My first run with Gizmo this weekend.

Old 02-14-2019, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Default fan shroud

Originally Posted by Walers
Almost ready for Mod...
I need that fan shroud in green
Old 02-14-2019, 11:16 AM
Tech Initiate

Here’s where where I got mine.
https://www.shapeways.com/product/N8...ionId=70066363

Originally Posted by YBSLOW
I need that fan shroud in green
YBSLOW likes this.
Old 02-18-2019, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

So bummed I did not get to turn a single lap this weekend due to speed control issues (and sold backup speedo la couple weeks ago) New honnywing coming for 17.5 and new orca coming for mod.
thecaptain likes this.
Old 02-18-2019, 10:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 177 (100%+)

I got to run the new hubs, and the new arms together on a low bite black carpet track this past weekend. The car was really good, just a tiny bit more for me to find in the set up (new home track, so a bit of a learning curve).

This car is seriously durable, and that provides a piece of mind and confidence second to none. I cant wait to get down to EA's track again and try this new stuff on high bite.
YBSLOW likes this.
Old 02-18-2019, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

I need to place an order for parts. I was hoping someone can shoot me a list of common needed items? I have an awesomatix already but I am not sure what all parts will exchange if any. Are the little c clips for the suspension arms and the pivot points the same? Has anyone broken an suspension arm or hub? I started working on my new to me toy last night and its really nice so far I like it. I wont have the aluminum chassis for this coming weekends vta tripple crown race but I will give it a shot and see during practice. Im a little nervous to commit to racing it without any spare parts.

Jesse
thecaptain likes this.
Old 02-18-2019, 10:50 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by KINGZJ
I need to place an order for parts. I was hoping someone can shoot me a list of common needed items? I have an awesomatix already but I am not sure what all parts will exchange if any. Are the little c clips for the suspension arms and the pivot points the same? Has anyone broken an suspension arm or hub? I started working on my new to me toy last night and its really nice so far I like it. I wont have the aluminum chassis for this coming weekends vta tripple crown race but I will give it a shot and see during practice. Im a little nervous to commit to racing it without any spare parts.

Jesse
The parts that I would have extra of, are the plastic Hats that hold the arms on, and the plastic C clips.

I have sent the car off the track too many times, without a broken arm/bent hub.

I did bend a lower ball stud, so maybe a few extra of those.

Previously I had broken the V portion of the dual camber link mount, however I haven't yet to on this car.

I do run the lunsford turnbuckles, PM me if you have any questions.
Old 02-21-2019, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

What is the reason people are changing out the diffs for awesomatix diffs? Is it because the stock diffs are of such bad quality? At least the diff in my car is of really bad quality and it wasn't sealing up at all a little fine tuning of the surfaces really helped seal it up..
Old 02-21-2019, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

The issue with the diff was not necessarily a "Bad quality" deal. Like you said a little bit of processing of the surfaces helps out. and if built right, they are extremely reliable.

The biggest reason for the change is 1.ease of use 2.Cost. 3.Quality Control

1.On the ease of use, a lot of people want plug and play which is understandable. The 3D printed diff needs a little massaging sometimes.
2.On the Cost, Our manufacturer recently increased their costs. So now it is actually close to the same cost to include an Awesomatix Diff and spool than it is to include a 3D printed one. This is why, the 3D printed diffs are being phased out of the kits as of this month and Awesomatix Diffs and Spools are included in the cars now.
3.The Quality control of the aluminum diffs is better than the 3D printed stuff. The repeatability is not as good as we would like and with the cost increasing to the point to where it is only about $10 more per kit to include the Awesomatix parts, we have decided to make the switch.
MDawson, DavidNERODease and Walers like this.
Old 02-21-2019, 03:53 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Any idea when I will be receiving my diff? Been 3 weeks since you said the 3D printed diff just arrived and I have yet to receive anything.
Old 02-21-2019, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Your items have always left with Dave's orders as he is the original purchaser of the car. We are finishing his GZ2 kit this weekend and should be able to ship Monday or so next week. If you want me to ship it separately, send me an email to the store and I can invoice you for the shipping and get it going your way.
Old 02-25-2019, 07:04 AM
Tech Champion

Anyone doing any racing this past weekend? I am attending a regional race at Southern Indiana RC Speedway This weekend, for the tri-state series.

I will be running touring car, the track is black carpet but has lower bite. I should be able to fine tune my set up from where I had it last week. Next week Ill post a set up for low bite black carpet, with the aluminum chassis.
Old 02-25-2019, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Few more questions,

I already have a spare awe diff. what is all needed to put this in my car? Are the pulleys the same? Do I just need bearing adapters?

How long is the usual wait for parts from Gizmo. (ordered last week just curious the time it takes)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.