Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Barracuda from Alex racing

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2002, 08:11 PM
Tech Adept

Asphalt Track, I think. I usually play at night though because I have to work.

I haven't try to use Type T Sway Bar because most of us use Yokomo's and it is a lot easier to find them. In regards to the tension rod, it will change the castor angle when the car enter the corner. But if we use Square's C Hub and Rear Hub, we can just install the rod where the spacers usually go.
Old 05-24-2002, 08:11 PM
Tech Adept

ANyone know where to find the silver 'stuff' for the torque rod?
Seems it is not bad to sovle the PRO3's problem...
Old 05-24-2002, 08:13 PM
Tech Adept

Oh, by the way rcruv, you see the shock screws that they use in that car. That's the quick change screws that I am talking about. You can change the shock location by removing the 3mm locknut at the shock tower. This is one of the best options for any rc car.
Old 05-26-2002, 03:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

My impressions on building the car so far.
1. nice graphite
2. parts packaging
3. the steering was real tight to fit between the upper and lower plates. I had to file 1-2 mm off the top of the studs to get it to fit and operate smoothly
4. diff adjusting nut isn't a locking nut. I did thread lock it so I will see
5. Diff is smooth. I love the 4 dogbone slots on the one-way outdrives and the delrin rear is nice also

That is as far as I have gotten so far. I got the blue car with as many hopups as were pictured. I did not get the double one way. I did not find it so I assumed they did not have it. The quick shock screws should be standard on all cars. I got the 2 degree rear hubs, light weight rear dogbones, 6.8 gold arm mounts, drilled spring mounts for the shocks, aluminum battery bar, aluminum hubs and carrier from square. I have not decided on a body yet. LRP electronics and fantom/reedy motors and battery
Old 05-26-2002, 05:50 PM
Tech Adept

Mingfinity,

Try to use Express Tension Rod, but I don't know about the color availability though.
Old 05-27-2002, 08:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by todb
My impressions on building the car so far.
1. nice graphite
2. parts packaging
3. the steering was real tight to fit between the upper and lower plates. I had to file 1-2 mm off the top of the studs to get it to fit and operate smoothly
4. diff adjusting nut isn't a locking nut. I did thread lock it so I will see
5. Diff is smooth. I love the 4 dogbone slots on the one-way outdrives and the delrin rear is nice also

That is as far as I have gotten so far. I got the blue car with as many hopups as were pictured. I did not get the double one way. I did not find it so I assumed they did not have it. The quick shock screws should be standard on all cars. I got the 2 degree rear hubs, light weight rear dogbones, 6.8 gold arm mounts, drilled spring mounts for the shocks, aluminum battery bar, aluminum hubs and carrier from square. I have not decided on a body yet. LRP electronics and fantom/reedy motors and battery
Wow, you got almost every hop ups available.
Did you like the diff action?
Was there any big problem building it?

How do you think the car perfom at the track?

I hope you find the best setup for this car.
Old 05-27-2002, 08:48 AM
Regional Moderator

TRF414M..... did you recive the mail i sent you
about the item i send you?
Old 05-28-2002, 06:47 PM
Tech Regular

Guys, how the optional rear hub working out?

Is it 3 degree toe-in?
Old 05-30-2002, 01:43 AM
Tech Regular

this is one nice car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-02-2002, 09:56 AM
Tech Regular

Second test at the track.

I moved the front/rear upper shock postion one hole insde to lay them down a little.
I think it provides softer shock action which I was told by a racer needed for this car.

I may need to go for softer spring/oil in front.

Overall handling has improved. Balanced, stable, and very smooth. It is feeling more like belt drive car with its soft chassis compared to TC3 with rigid tub chassis.

It gives me more enjoyable driving than other cars. Maybe 'cuz steering is not sharp enough yet.

I set the droop by adjusting shock length.

Current changes are

Front shock length - 60 (8 when measured with TC3 droop gauge)
Rear shock length - 61.5 (6 when measured with TC3 droop gauge)

Front ride height - 5
Rear ride height - 6

I'll try to reduce the caster. (more vertical)
And see what happens.

Any comment will be appreciated.

Last edited by rcruv; 06-02-2002 at 10:27 AM.
Old 06-03-2002, 03:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

rcmodel is selling Barracuda at US $285 now!!!
Old 06-03-2002, 04:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Manticore

my friend from aust did email them i.e. rcmodel on 1/10 foam tires, they said yes but after payment they said no stock and have to wait.

I am from Hong Kong too and I think this kind of business ethic is not any good at all.
I am the shop keeper of shopping.rcmodel.com.hk and want to have clearification on this case. That Aus. order is partially shipped at end of April(I can't remember the exact date). Actually, the factory havn't sent the 5C tire to my supplier in the last shippment. While we have already place the order to the supplier. That's not our fault! We are still waiting for the shippment from Italy! Such case is out of our control and I've already tell the client if he want to wait. Under normal circumstance, we will notify where there ordered item is in stock or not. The above cases is rare. I feel very sorry for this case and I've already sent a email to that customer about this cases.

Actually, we kept lots of stock of Alex Barracuda Parts, Hopups and HPI PRO3's Hopups. I see there are two ppl had place an order on Barracuda Car Kit, parts and hopups from me last month. Their ordered are already fullfield.

Thanks!
Old 06-03-2002, 05:15 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by rcruv
For those who have never seen the box.

A nice copy of the Breitling watch logo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-03-2002, 05:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey terencel I just looked at the web site and it still says $310. Is it $285 but you have not updated the site yet?
Old 06-03-2002, 06:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi,

Havn't update the front page yet. But the shopping cart already updated!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.