Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Won't Start

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2003, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

Default Won't Start

HPI NMT .15fe I had it started a few weeks ago and put after run oil in it and hopped up a few things since then and now that i want to run it again it wont start. I am using a new fuel. (HPI 20% blend) my ideas for whats going wrong:

1 air leaks (no clue how to check or fix)
2 glow plug (glows but takes a while)
3new fuel

BTW it will start while pulling the pull starter out but once I let it recoil back it in stops

and it looks like fuel is coming out of the baring thing that the flywheel connects to
Old 04-30-2003, 05:59 PM
Tech Adept

Arrow

if fuel is comming out the bearing that isn't good, I dunno how to fix that, maybe replace the bearing.

also, if your using a new fuel you will wanna run it rich for a couple of tanks and sorta rebreak it in

but first you need it to start so just try replacing the glow plug and recharge you glo starter, richen the engine up to factory settings which will help you start. also make sure fuel is going up into the carb. thats all i can think of, once i put fuel directly into the carb threw the air filter whole and it started right up.

and if your engine is old make sure the piston and sleeve aren't shot

good luck
Old 04-30-2003, 06:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

You could be running a little lean. When changing fuel, you do not have to break-in the engine. Different fuels contain different oil percentages as well as the ratio between castor and sythedic, you should run your engine on the rich side to keep the engine from overheating. I would say go back to factory settings and start from there. As for the oil comming out the front of the engine, this should stop in time. There is no seal in the front of the engine so the presure will push the oil out the front untill the bearings seat properly.
Old 04-30-2003, 07:01 PM
Tech Master

it was set at 3 turns out and the engine isn't even completly broken in

it could be the glow plug but I dont have another to replace it with glow starter had a new battery in it

thanks for the help but I am just guess that more is need so keep suggestions coming please
Old 05-01-2003, 12:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Could be the glow plug. Replace the glow plug and see what happens. Three turns out seems a bit rich for that engine. I know that is factory settings but I have always had to lean my 15fes out a little to get them going.
Old 05-02-2003, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

bump

ttt

I JUST NEED MORE HELP!!!!