Wiki Posts
Search

NEW PLATINUM EDITION REVO????

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Arrow NEW PLATINUM EDITION REVO????

What do you guys think of the new platinum edition revo? I love the way the motor sits on an angle like that. Another off road vehicle that just came on to the market is the Hyper 9. This thing looks promising, the motor tilted over the centre of the chassis (like the revo) looks to be a great idea and makes you wonder why they haven't tried it before. What do you guys think, has anyone driven one yet?
Old 06-20-2008, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Drives pretty good with the stock setup on it. Took a few laps to figure out how to drive it, its not like a truggy. For what it is, its good and has just about all the options that many racers with Revo's have added for racing. Its still a MT, but a very runable racer on the track.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)
Default no mas!

Get 'em while they're hot ...........I have heard from my LHS Traxxas will not continue to produce the Platinum.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The Revo Platinum is a limited edition rig. They only made so many... Once they're gone they are gone.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Only 500 were produced is what I was told. If that is the case and someone really wants one, good luck. There are still some out there waiting to be bought, but the price could go on the high side to get it. I think Tower already shows them as being discontinued by Mfg.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

a guy at a trck I go to bought one. He said he bought it because of the limited number of the Revo Platinums produced. He said it might be a collectors item in a few years because of the low numbers made.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Teufel Racing
Only 500 were produced is what I was told. If that is the case and someone really wants one, good luck. There are still some out there waiting to be bought, but the price could go on the high side to get it. I think Tower already shows them as being discontinued by Mfg.
I'm not into MT's, but today at my LHS I noticed they were selling the Platinum Revo for $499. They were calling it an overstock sale. I wonder what's up with their cheap price.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Arrow Damn!!!

By the sounds of it doesn't look like i will ever get one brand new. The guy who bought it as a collectors item, good choice as i think their price will soar as time goes by. For the guy who saw them for $499, i think maybe you should take another look cause if they are that price (doubt it) then grab it as it is an absolute steal
Old 06-22-2008, 11:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by freestyles
By the sounds of it doesn't look like i will ever get one brand new. The guy who bought it as a collectors item, good choice as i think their price will soar as time goes by. For the guy who saw them for $499, i think maybe you should take another look cause if they are that price (doubt it) then grab it as it is an absolute steal

I've seen one at every hobby shop around me, so if there was only 500 made they aren't selling very well.
Old 06-23-2008, 04:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Collector's item? Doubt it. I think its funny. Put "Limited" on a product and there will be people that will "speculate" that its going to be worth something down the road. A great Marketing tool....

There is nothing on that Revo that can't be purchased separately from different manufacturers. Traxxas simply put all the "trick" parts in one package.

IF that REVO Platinum ever becomes worth something, it would be so far down the road and the rate of return so low, he'd have done better investing that money in an IRA or something that will have a better rate of return....
Old 06-23-2008, 05:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

they must be selling.. i have seen alot of them
Old 06-23-2008, 06:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hey nitroexpress - can you pm me the name of your LHS - would love to pick one up for that price. Thanks,