Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 06:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

CPAURL= Central PA Underground Racing League

It is a pretty cool group. They decide 5 minutes before it is time to leave, to go to some out of the way track to race.

Last edited by robwike; 01-13-2010 at 09:05 AM.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:02 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by robwike

It is a pretty cool group. They decide 5 mintues before it is time to leave, to go to some out of the way track to race.
Sounds cool
Old 01-13-2010, 09:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

They were having a blast with spur of the moment racing towards the end of last summer.

See Tom, I-Zuk or Matt for membership details
Old 01-13-2010, 09:29 AM
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by KARO
Yes, but I don't want to spend the $$ on the mount, speeder, motor, LiPo's, charger, etc. If everyone was jumping over to electric scale then maybe I'd drop the money to make the change. I've only ran a couple for 10 minutes or so and they are very fun to drive. They are very smooth if the speeder/motor combo is setup properly. Much cleaner than nitro and no worries about flaming out, getting douched at pit stops, etc. I'm not sure on how they are on run time but I think that 15 minute mains are not a problem. You should see about a 1/2 second per lap difference (slower) when you have the nitro motor in. I don't personally care if you run it with the nitro buggies but it wouldn't be fair. Are you going to Motorama next month...I'm thinking about it but I might just run my kids slash...the fumes last year in the nitro building were killing me. They are sure to have a decent electric scale turnout.
It is expensive and that is one of the reasons that people are going to stay nitro. I know myself that if I hadn't sold most of my 1/10 scale stuff on ebay I wouldn't have taken the plunge either. It was never my intention to run with the nitros at Altoona or anywhere. Yes I'm going to motorama and yes the last time I was there the fumes near the drivers stand were terrible.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Window stickers are here. Those who are expecting them, they will mail today.

And for reference, that is a hot chocolate splash on the wall. To the nekked eye it looks like someone needed a tissue
Attached Thumbnails ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM-dsc01331.jpg  
Old 01-13-2010, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Sounds cool

Not liking it Sam? We had a blast this summer with last minute planning, trying new stuff, meeting new people, etc.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
Not liking it Sam? We had a blast this summer with last minute planning, trying new stuff, meeting new people, etc.
Were do i send my resume for CPAURL?
Old 01-13-2010, 06:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Warning:

Tom - What the heck is "cpaurl"?

Any information about "CPAURL" Is Classified, and strictly enforced.

Please reframe from your interest unless contacted directly via Private message, email, "unknown numbered" phone call, or Registered letter.

Transmission number:44379B
c.p.a.u.r.l. Spec Ops dept.
Location unknown.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nighthawk
Any information about "CPAURL" Is Classified, and strictly enforced.

Please reframe from your interest unless contacted directly via Private message, email, "unknown numbered" phone call, or Registered letter.

Transmission number:44379B
c.p.a.u.r.l. Spec Ops dept.
Location unknown.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Default .

Originally Posted by robwike

It is a pretty cool group. They decide 5 minutes before it is time to leave, to go to some out of the way track to race.

The above post is pure speculation.
CPAURL does not claim, nore agree with any of the above listed.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:44 PM
Tech Master

Default "membership"

Originally Posted by Gearhead racer
Were do i send my resume for CPAURL?
CPAURL is strictly a "contact only" Agency,and carries no address, place, or person of contact.

If a person of interest is brought to light. further investigation will then be completed. the individual will then be notifed apon activation.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nighthawk
CPAURL is strictly a "contact only" Agency,and carries no address, place, or person of contact.

If a person of interest is brought to light. further investigation will then be completed. the individual will then be notifed apon activation.
Alright..LOL
Old 01-13-2010, 08:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

cpaurl is like fight club...nobody is to spread the rumor of fight club.but since there is interest then the people are spreading the rumor of cpaurl.
in this case the chosen people may be allowed to join.but on these circumstances.....well im not allowed to say.........
Old 01-14-2010, 06:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yes, but I don't want to spend the $$ on the mount, speeder, motor, LiPo's, charger, etc. If everyone was jumping over to electric scale then maybe I'd drop the money to make the change. I've only ran a couple for 10 minutes or so and they are very fun to drive. They are very smooth if the speeder/motor combo is setup properly. Much cleaner than nitro and no worries about flaming out, getting douched at pit stops, etc. I'm not sure on how they are on run time but I think that 15 minute mains are not a problem. You should see about a 1/2 second per lap difference (slower) when you have the nitro motor in. I don't personally care if you run it with the nitro buggies but it wouldn't be fair. Are you going to Motorama next month...I'm thinking about it but I might just run my kids slash...the fumes last year in the nitro building were killing me. They are sure to have a decent electric scale turnout.
Myself and brain D are both in for slash at motorama, There should be a good turn out in all the classes. i know there were at least 2-3 heats of 1/8th scales there for hobbyrama and if i recall correctly there were 44 slashes. Brian talked to Luke at hidden hanger and they are expecting the same or more as far as turn outs based on pre-registration
Old 01-14-2010, 07:39 AM
Tech Regular

Alrighty then! If Tom is a member (allegedly) I would not want in anyways. J/K I like to know where I'm going in advance.

Tom - BTW, Hopefully I can race Altoona regularly...looking forward to laying the smack down on you weekly this year. Seriously, looking forward to the upcoming season. It also looks like two of my kids are playing sports this year so hopefully it doesn't interfere with racing too much. I may have went racing a total of 5 times last year....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.