HPI Savage FLUX!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 04:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)
Default HPI Savage FLUX!

my money is running away

i gota find my link again...

Last edited by whitrzac; 01-19-2009 at 07:30 PM.
Old 11-28-2008, 09:12 PM
Tech Master

I am surprised this does not have any responses yet. This truck looks sick. Now we know where the Castle Mamba Monster stuff is. The best part of nitro is top off the gas and go, instead of wait and recharge. Batteries are great but in an eighth scale truck they don't last. None-the-less, this truck is great. I love my Savage.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Savage Flux

Hey guys, just wanna know if the Savage Flux is competitive enough for racing against the E-Revos. It seems that each article I read about the Savage Flux says its the ultimate BASHING truck... I haven't seen any feedback that it can be used for racing? Just wondering....
Old 01-19-2009, 06:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just ask the Nitro guys if there Nitro savy are competitive against the nitro Revos. There both almost the same in Electric form.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

A Savage with better tires and a lower stance will be more competitive but the Erevo is a better handling vehicle...
Old 01-19-2009, 09:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Video no worky.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:29 PM
Tech Regular

Can't give much feedback. I know there is a review + video from bigsquidrc. Looks pretty capable. I spoke with John @ hpi last week and he will be running the truck @ the Monster Jam events plus the 2009 No Limit R/C World Finals held @ Digger's Dungeon, N.C. in May. If it follows the rest of the Savage line, I'm sure it won't disappoint!

Bryan
Old 01-19-2009, 06:33 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Link works, but def nothing about the subject of this thread....??

I don't care for the tires/wheels the Flux comes with, you read the 62mph claim - with phatlines not the stock ones it comes with. I've had a blast beating my 4.6SS and really want one of these! Looking for some real feedback....
Old 01-19-2009, 08:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MajorPede
Just ask the Nitro guys if there Nitro savy are competitive against the nitro Revos. There both almost the same in Electric form.
I don't know how well of a comparison it would be, Nitro to Electric Savage. Looks like the Savage Flux carries most of it's weight very low between the twin vertical plate chassis.

You could probably take a close look at the suspension, it may not quite have all the adjustibility you would want in a race truck, at least right out of the box. May take the aftermarket to come back with some items to address that perhaps? For instance is there much in the way of camber adjustability? How about shock position?

So, hard to tell if it can match the Revo on the track, but it is probably going to be more competitive than previous Savages.

For sure though, I think it is one fine looking truck.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rdumali
Hey guys, just wanna know if the Savage Flux is competitive enough for racing against the E-Revos. It seems that each article I read about the Savage Flux says its the ultimate BASHING truck... I haven't seen any feedback that it can be used for racing? Just wondering....
It is definatley the toughest truck and can take a beating. If you put different wheels/rims on and lower it it should hold its own in the race.