Wiki Posts
Search

Testing the water...

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Testing the water...

Would Oregon City be too odd a location to have a carpet track? On top of the hill, near the theater...
And what do you guys feel is the ideal size for the track? Not square footage of the building, but the track itself. And is carpet something that most would prefer over concrete or asphalt?
Old 10-28-2005, 01:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Sorcerer001
Would Oregon City be too odd a location to have a carpet track? On top of the hill, near the theater...
And what do you guys feel is the ideal size for the track? Not square footage of the building, but the track itself. And is carpet something that most would prefer over concrete or asphalt?
I would worship you if you could put a track in Oregon City. I prefer carpet over Asphalt just because it's not as hard on the tires.

As far as size... Have you been to Ron's?(RCplus) its a pretty tight track, I wouldn't go any smaller. Not sure what the dimensions are but the website says its 234ft in length. I assume that is total track length though.

Woody
Old 10-28-2005, 03:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Sorcerer001
ygm
Old 10-28-2005, 04:02 PM
Tech Master

i think anybody who builds any in door track is the greatest , and ill buy cars , the type for that track , and come race , ray
Old 10-28-2005, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default Track size

I think 90 x 50 would be just about right. 100 x 60 would be even better .

I do like the carpet for indoor. Its cheaper than asphalt and not as permanent.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

How about indoor carpet offroad like in Europe?
TRACTION!!!!
Old 10-28-2005, 06:51 PM
aso
Tech Adept

I would love it too. I work out there and would be up there a couple times a week if there was track.

Aaron Staats
Old 10-28-2005, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by aso
I would love it too. I work out there and would be up there a couple times a week if there was track.

Aaron Staats
what-da about indoor carbet on road nitro!!!!!!! I'm just dying to run the v one rrr just once, got it too late to run with the rose city boys......
Old 10-28-2005, 09:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default carpety carpet knives

dan you have a pm
Old 10-31-2005, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by happybean
Sorcerer001
ygm
I got nothin'...
Old 10-31-2005, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by drfritz
what-da about indoor carbet on road nitro!!!!!!! I'm just dying to run the v one rrr just once, got it too late to run with the rose city boys......
Dan, you should know I'm not big on indoor nitro. Too much of a hassle, and Tim is more up to that task than I am. I'm looking to keep this as simple as possible. It appears that Rose City's electric classes are growing significantly, I'd like to see how much a winter electric program might bolster Rose City's summer turnouts. Being that Rose City races every two weeks, I don't see that this would be a negative for either track.
Again, I'm just testing the water at this point. I'm checking in to some space, price of Ozite, scoring hardware and software, and all other associated costs. I have no expectations of profiting from this - I just want somewhere to play. I'm willing to maintain the facility, pay what initially needs to be paid, etc... all race fees would basically go right back in to operation and improvements to the track. I've got my 40-hour-a-week-job that I don't intend to leave in the near future.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Sorry sorcerer.
Check it out, scroll to the indoor track links guys. It's different for americans but it's pretty popular out in Europe and maybe it could work out here. It's kinda the same weather. Heck, even the latest off road worlds had some carpet layed out on the track.

http://www.rc54.com/video.htm
Old 10-31-2005, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

So, let's just let this one float to the bottom for a while. I just wanted to ask the questions, I rec'vd some valuable info (via PM, and in this thread). I've made some phone calls on properties, and though the month-to-month lease prices arent' too bad, once you factor in all the other goodies (not associated directly with setting up the track), it gets pretty freaky. Then it becomes much more sensible to install a hobby shop on site. If it were easy, we'd have facilities all over the place.
The first few quotes on properties I've rec'vd, when things are all said and done, would afford me a house on 5 acres with a pole barn big enough to house a track. But again, things start getting wierd when you have to deal with the county. Can't I just say that I invited 70 of my closet friends over for an "rc party" to avoid all the red tape???
Old 10-31-2005, 05:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Sorcerer001
Dan, you should know I'm not big on indoor nitro. Too much of a hassle, and Tim is more up to that task than I am. I'm looking to keep this as simple as possible. It appears that Rose City's electric classes are growing significantly, I'd like to see how much a winter electric program might bolster Rose City's summer turnouts. Being that Rose City races every two weeks, I don't see that this would be a negative for either track.
Again, I'm just testing the water at this point. I'm checking in to some space, price of Ozite, scoring hardware and software, and all other associated costs. I have no expectations of profiting from this - I just want somewhere to play. I'm willing to maintain the facility, pay what initially needs to be paid, etc... all race fees would basically go right back in to operation and improvements to the track. I've got my 40-hour-a-week-job that I don't intend to leave in the near future.
I'm not either. indoor electric works just fine for me.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:36 PM

I would love to see a local indoor carpet track. However, playing devils advocate here, R/C Plus already has a great program and a loyal group of racers, many of whom are also Rose City racers. Be careful with this one, the pole barn idea may be better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.