Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RACE DAY

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Yup, my first pheasant run adventure, and it was just that.

Well I got the savage on the track, threw a couple laps down, then stalled after a roll or something and then my pull start failed while my buddy was yanking. So fixed that once or something, then went back out, and then it completely was shot and he tried fixing for a while and then decided to ask terry where a hobby shop was. And to make a very long story short, we pretty much got lost and made it back 2.5 hours later with an incorrect pull start. Lets just say we were like 5-10 mins from dirt burners. Lol. It was pretty fun though so I wasn’t too mad. But like 5 minutes after we got back he fixed it and put back together and then ran it around the pits. Shut it down to take to the track annnnnnnnd broke again. Finally got it fixed and decided to take it to the track running without even bothering risking it again. This was now at like 4 o clock. But I let him drive since I would have been screwed without him and he ran almost a whole tank thru it and in the process bent 1 shaft I think, and the bottom screw of one came out. But we took it to the pits and ran 4 shocks. And then I ran it.
Performance report: I'm pretty happy with the power of the axial. It’s my first nitro so I don’t have much to compare it to, but from what I saw, it was comparable to a few MTs out there. It isn’t responsive to air control though. Personally, I do not like the run's layout. It’s all 180 turns, seriously all but the sweeper pretty much. And I don’t think its very "flowy" who knows. It’ll be fun to race I guess, just because. I prolly wont be too competitive but the truck is a tank besides the shocks.
Damage report: my makeshift wing mount failed (when my buddy crashed with Mr. rusty Jones) also resulting in the bent shaft I believe. I also misplaced my tools, one of which being my 4-way glow plug wrench which had 2 good plugs on it.
Bugs to work out: pray the pull start stays intact. Maybe getting some badlands. Stronger wing mount set up. And longer bottom shock screws.

sorry if something in here does not apply, i copied it from my local board
Old 04-22-2007, 09:27 PM
DKB
Tech Adept

rdub202: wow, sounds like you had more issues than I did. Iam hoping its not always like this or this could get expensive.
"pheasant run adventure"
wd40prerunner: Mate thats a long tag. Yep I like jumping as well thats why I go to the BMX track. If you look at the pics of the BMX track I posted, you will see Iam jumping a small table top/dubbles, with the old motor I could land on the peak of the second dubble but with the new motor I can clear the whole jump and land on the flats after the down ramp
Old 04-22-2007, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

pheasant run is the name of the track if that makes it more clear...

uhh really its not as bad as it sounds to me. it was really only the darn pull start

oops i forget some other things as well. missing 2 screws for the mounting of the skid plate.no biggie there
Old 04-23-2007, 04:40 AM
DKB
Tech Adept

pheasant run is the name of the track if that makes it more clear...
Ooohhh. Still its a funny name for an r/c track

Hey just of topic for a bit "Team Holly Rollers" ???? What's that about??? Got a link???
Hey post us some pics of ya savage & anything else ya got mate.

Last edited by DKB; 04-23-2007 at 04:47 AM. Reason: PICS
Old 04-23-2007, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

RC RACERS FOR CHRIST

yeah idk where the name comes from. it's kind of up in the sticks and idk if maybe there are lots of pheasants in the fields around or what. but its at this guy's house and everyone seems to drool over it. even though im not a huge fan.

i cant wait to get my custom painted bodies!!

attatched is the best pic ive got so far. ill get more for you soon. im going to the first race of the Factory Tracks Midwest Series (FTMS) in Illinois in a few weeks with it. and ill have the body by then. so ill get some pics and a report
Attached Thumbnails RACE DAY-washtenaw-pit.jpg  
Old 04-24-2007, 09:48 AM
DKB
Tech Adept

rdub202
nice report bud, 5 races? wow
how many quals? is that 4 quals and a main or what?
Yep 5 races Iam not sure why, they told me they normaly have 4 races consisting of 2 qualys and 2 mains. Iam not sure why they have this format I havn't been doing it long enough to know, how ever the local on road club I mentioned in the first post had the same format 2 x 2.
Thanks for the link its helping my situation I think Team Holly Rollers is a great idea.
Nice r/c mate looks beasty!!!!!!
I look forward to the pics and Ive still got to post some I promised in earlier posts, when things settle down I will organize to shot some of the pics.
Old 04-28-2007, 03:06 AM
DKB
Tech Adept

Ive got a club day tomorrow and need help with a problem.

My reverse has stoped working?????
Also an odd thing happened I left every thing on and put the hand set on the bench and walked across the yard to pick up my Evader all of a sudden the wheels(stearing) started to go left and right I looked over to see if one of the kids had my Hand set but they didn't so thinkin some thing else is stuffed.

Any one with any ideas....
Old 04-28-2007, 03:46 PM
Tech Regular

I have had first hand experience with two of the Evader's stock speed controls going bad. They both first lost reverse and then shortly after that they stopped working completly. I replaced mine with the Mamba Max 7700 system and now I run open stadium.

Today was the official last week of indoor racing, so we did team 30 minute endero racing. We combined all of the classes and ran a nice swooping open track. Very high Speed! For the last endero, I put my Mamba in my TC4 and boy was it fast.

A Very fun afternoon of racing.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

did you try to reset your esc?
Old 04-29-2007, 06:43 AM
DKB
Tech Adept

ILDRVR: Its good to see your having fun.
MADMAN23: Yep tryed that but sad to say its dead.

Any how Iam off the Evader for a while, I feel like throwing it in the bin, I have spent less time and money on my real car!!!!!

On a lighter note I didn't get to race nor did I get to have a club day as it was week 5 for the month and they are only open on weeks 1 and 3(silly me) . (OFF TOPIC FOR A BIT) This proved to be a good thing as I was able to finaly get back to church and worship. This was a really cool thing as for 3 years I've been avoiding church due to some issues. Any how thanks all the RACERS 4 CHRIST crew and special thanks to rdub202 for leeding me their and Cmotif for your support and all the PM's. I must say this past week chatting to the crew at RACES 4 CHRIST was awesome THANKS......

Any crew that needs help or just a chat click the green links and post a message I can say that you will meet good crew....

Back to topic of racing:

I need to find a new ESC for my evader st Iam running a 4600 venom battery, Duratrax RX 100 am 2 channel receiver and a team brood racing stock motor I wish to race in a stock class.... Thanks 4 your help in advance
Old 04-29-2007, 04:41 PM
Tech Champion

sorry to here your esc is dead... but it time to up grade...
Old 04-29-2007, 04:53 PM
DKB
Tech Adept

Any suggestions?
Old 04-29-2007, 05:09 PM

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DKB
Ive got a club day tomorrow and need help with a problem.

My reverse has stoped working?????
Also an odd thing happened I left every thing on and put the hand set on the bench and walked across the yard to pick up my Evader all of a sudden the wheels(stearing) started to go left and right I looked over to see if one of the kids had my Hand set but they didn't so thinkin some thing else is stuffed.

Any one with any ideas....
I have never been to any races in the US where Reverse was allowed. Is it different Downunder? That is what corner marshals are for.

When I buy ESCs, I don't buy ones with reverse, usually they weigh more. But I would rather through all my money into going forward. I am looking for a new hot esc myself. Previously I had a digital programmable Tekin G-10 Pro. For a while was was running Hitec HFX speed controls. I am hoping that after my house sells to go 2.4 ghz and find a esc that will work nicely with that.

Part of my reason for running hitec esc was to have all my electronics other than the motor from the same company, that way I could go to the same place with all my electrical programs and they couldn't say it was some other companies fault.

A photon is a what turn motor? Usually I have found motors in RTRs not all that exciting. Especially when it came to Traxxas 20 turn stinger motors. Any decent 27 stock motor would outrun a 20 turn stinger with ease. I think that the photon has to be better than that. What are the requirements for your class? I might be tempted in your situation to go with maybe a Trinity Komodo Dragon Pro 19 Turn Spec Modified and maybe a Associated Quantum Sport ESC which is good down to 14 turns. That gives you some room to upgrade the motor later if you wanted.

C

Last edited by Cmotif; 04-29-2007 at 05:33 PM.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:21 AM
DKB
Tech Adept

Cmotif: No, reverse is not allowed but you can run it in your car, just don't use it on the track (I think). A Photon speed motor comes with the Evader st and it 20 turn and not real fast at all. My new motor is heaps faster and it 27 turn stock.
Thanks for the advice.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:37 AM
Tech Champion

in most esc you can lock the rev..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.