Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 01:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Tire rubbing Levanen TC6.1!
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC6 Thread-sun-levanentc6-1.jpg   Team Associated TC6 Thread-sun-levanentc6-2.jpg   Team Associated TC6 Thread-sun-levanentc6-5.jpg  
Old 05-20-2012, 06:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Exclamation

On the tire rubbing, I noticed this a while back and posted about this although nobody seemed to have much input. I did notice that some wheels have a smaller diameter than others so it can be worse. It is especially bad under suspension compression. I have been considering going back to tc6 arms in the rear at least, which actually should aid with traction as they are a bit shorter.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Geberit
Tire rubbing Levanen TC6.1!
That looks like it might be from the rim being the wrong offset.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wattsup23
That looks like it might be from the rim being the wrong offset.
The tires are RIDE 32 out door with red marking.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

It's not from the wrong offset.

I tested today with some Sweep OG , and with Solaris wheels as well. I had really bad rubbing from the wheel flexing in the front

Given it was about 95 degrees F and the track was huge (18.5-19.0 second laps with a 4.0 turn motor) with medium high grip, so this made it worse, but I did have to trim the front arms quite a bit. Not that much of a hassle, but it is something to watch for when running faster motors.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hoping to see some of you out here in California for the Reedy. Today was a warm-up race. A great showing for Associated, with several team drivers attending.

This is only the 3rd time out with the 6.1 and I love this car! A big thanks is due for The Albano's - Joe, and Eric - Helping me get the car working well. Support like this at a local track is why I switched to Associated.

IMG_9734 (2) by 51 wheels, on Flickr
Old 05-21-2012, 03:42 AM
Tech Adept

Hi,
I'm actually using offset arm mount at the front of the car. If I use the standard one, but with 1.5mm shim, I will have move steering at corner entry?
Old 05-21-2012, 05:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by WD40
Can anyone post a good setup for medium grip concrete track for the tc6.1? It might be in this thread but I don't have time to look through 400 pages of posts. It will be a VTA and 17.5 class for reference.
Never raced on concrete, but if the grip levels are medium I'd think any of the medium-grip Asphalt setups will be fine. Try one of Andrew Abbotts off the Associated site, or Olly Jefferies off the CML site.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Tire choice will be a big factor when racing on concrete. The Aloha Tower race in Hawaii is on concrete and I really didnt change my car at all. I did go up to a harder tire (40s VS 36s) because the concrete was more abraisve.

Mike
Old 05-21-2012, 07:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Hi All,

Just ordered the kit. First on road car so I'm pretty excited. Ive been racing offroad for a while now. Just wanted to know what spare parts I should be carrying around in my bag that are known to break/wear quickly.

Thanks!
Old 05-21-2012, 10:05 AM
Tech Regular

Depends how hard you hit the wall

I actually have some hubs, suspension parts and maintenance parts like shocks as spare parts.

Oh yeah. Take some spool outdrives as a spare, they brake first on a crash
Old 05-21-2012, 10:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dennisV

I actually have some hubs, suspension parts and maintenance parts like shocks as spare parts.

Yea for sure. Thanks!
Old 05-21-2012, 10:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chevtech23
Yes arm mount shims, FWD(forward) RWD(rearward) for that end of the car, you would run the same in the front forward and front rearward, and possibly different ones in FWD and RWD in the rear to adjust rear toe, along with a combination of offset and standard arm mounts.

I use these for the shims, Associated #3617
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Bulkhead-Shim

Hopefully this is a more helpful answer than "RTFM"
Thanks. And for the link too. I went ahead and went with my assumption. Went with the stock recommendations and except for RWD rear - put the 2* to start with (what I think is) 2* toe when combining the 0 offset rear arm mount and the shim. Should be dropping my electronics in today. Can't wait.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dennisV

Thanks for that! Went through and grabbed a bunch of spares. Got blades but not the out drives. Darn - guess I gotta place another order. Should prolly add a couple things - since I'm there and all...
Old 05-21-2012, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rbcts
Hi All,

Just ordered the kit. First on road car so I'm pretty excited. Ive been racing offroad for a while now. Just wanted to know what spare parts I should be carrying around in my bag that are known to break/wear quickly.

Thanks!
C-hubs, blades for the dog bones, plastic spool out drives, are the things I have broken in my first 2 race days. I also somehow chipped one of the pullys for the belt on the center spur gear assembly. Not exactly sure how, it may just be one of those freak things. Other items that seem like they would be a good idea to have are: shock parts(shafts,plastic caps, o-rings), Optional springs, optional sway bars, gear diff for the front, spare bearing, rear hubs, a set of arms and maybe some steering knuckles and body posts.

The car is actually pretty solid and durable. The things I did break were from stupid hits that deserved something breaking. I pretty much did all of the damage on my first day out. I didn't break a single thing on the 2nd race day. Less hitting the boards, and when I did it was less severe hits.

So far I think this is a great little car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.