Fukuyama Batteries

Old 10-28-2003, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

Both John and Randman is spot ON! the packs should not be cool over a fan simply because the outside can will cool while the internals is still warm and very active. You have to let it rest and recuperate before the next charge. I see racers cooling their packs on fan and within an hour thinks the pack is cool enough to charge because it felt cool to touch and afterwards the packs weren't performing as expected.

Now, for the towel parts. LOLOLOL! the reason you see our racers putting a towel on it last Sunday was because the ambient outside temp was cold so what end up happening is the packs will be over-charged if left with a light cool breeze of air blowing on it. This is in the morning during the Toyota/Lexus race. Also, because there was close to 30 heats, it was hard to calculate when the next heat is coming up so people were charging their packs and waiting but by the time their heat came up. The packs weren't ideally right to give out its full performance becuase it had naturally cooled off. So to retain it's heat so the internal chemicals are still active, I suggested to them to insulate the charged packs with a towel. It works!

Dan
Old 10-28-2003, 01:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Re: SoCal last Sat

Originally posted by RCBuddha
Hey Johnny55,

I ended up like second to last, I don't know what happened....My car was dialed, my Fuku Packs charged, my motor tweaked, and all of a sudden I get brain fade during the main. Oh well, there's always next week.

I just wish Slim would put me in your Heats; during the last two weeks, I would set TQ, then you would set TQ. It wasn't fair that only you and Jay were the only two in the heat....I got stuck with all the racers who ended up in the B-Main.

I'm still sorting out the Losi, it feels fast, and my lap times show it, but it is taking me longer than expected to find a good starting setup.

Buddha

BTW, I've decided that I've been jinxing myself when I tell you to go ahead...So no more of that this week. No worries, i ain't going to push any battles unless you wanna.....
Me push battles!? Hell no, then Ill be a wreck. To me the more relaxed I feel out their the better I do for some reason. Have fun no matter what........you know. But I do agree with you about jinxing yourself buy telling me to go ahead because I was feeling like you had alreaghty lost mentally. Annyway I know you and you know that we both are respectful drivers and we both respect each other and I think thats what counts in my book, love racing you BTW. Lets just go out and have fun and if you want to know what Im doing to my motors Ill show you if youd like. Latre.
Old 10-28-2003, 06:27 PM
Tech Master

soon, fukuyama cant use "out-punch your competition" because the competition will be running them hahah
Old 10-28-2003, 06:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default Major Teeth

Can't wait for my batt's. I'll give you an update once I get them and have run them.......email me.

Ronnie
Old 10-28-2003, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

cHckbOY5,

Be nice now~
Old 10-28-2003, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

hi guys, so after running a pack,
wat is a good time for the pack to cool off, before charging it back again? is two hours enough?
Old 10-28-2003, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Discharge the pack first at 30 amps down to 5.40 or 3.60 for 4 cell. Usually two hours is enough time. As Dan mentioned. Do not fan cool your batteries. Natural cooling is much better for the battery.
Old 10-28-2003, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

oic, thanks!

by the way, Maj. Teeth talked about wrapping a towel over the charged packs to maintain the heat of the battery for better performance. This means tat batts are best run warm??

Also, would it be ideal to run the pack straight after charging as it would be warm...

I usually charge my batts in an air-conditioned room with a fan blowing at it. Is this ideal or just simply damaging my batt?

sorry for all the questions!

thanks for all help given!
Old 10-28-2003, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Never charge your pack with a fan blowing on them. Definitely run the battery as soon after the charge as you can. This will yield best performance. Hot is good. Ideal battery temperature is 140 - 150 degrees before dropping your car on the track.
Old 10-28-2003, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

oic... thank you very much!
Old 10-28-2003, 07:44 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I think 2 hours is propably safe to let them cool, but I usually go for about 4 hours if I even run the packs in the same day at all.

The best way to go would be get a couple power cubes for practice packs, and leave the matched packs just for racing, this way you'll keep your good packs in excellent condition, and the power cube is a very affordable way to do that.
Old 10-28-2003, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

wow, 4 hours is a real long wait... hmmm...
Old 10-28-2003, 10:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Randy, no racing tonight?
(because of the fire(s)?)
Old 10-28-2003, 10:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Default first time FUKU user....

just received my batteries today, and I must say the numbers look very impressive can't wait to give them a try tomorrow... I have read the forum and was wondering if anyone out there is using a INDI 16x5 and if so what they were using for setting ( amps/ peak detect/......) Am I to understand that these batteries have a low peak voltage@ 9-9.3? Just want to know as much as I can, because this area is mostly Pro-Match, SMC land and I'm getting a little tired of that So I guess I'm looking for the best way to make these cells kick some ***!!!!!!!! Thanks, Chris
Old 10-28-2003, 10:52 PM
Tech Addict

on my pitbull the packs peak at around 9.3V
it seems kinda high coz others are having the packs peaking at 8.9~9.0V range

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.