Stockton RC Raceway 06' ROAR Carpet Nats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stockton RC Raceway 06' ROAR Carpet Nats

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 11:09 AM
Tech Regular

how are we ever suppossed to find the next generation of drivers when theyre constantly stuck in the cmain cause every factory guy runs (sportsmam) 19t.

i agree with you iut is fun to run with the fast guys but not everyone sees it that way alot of people get upset frustrated when theyre getting lapped eveey race and never get out of the cmain when they probably should be in the amain showing theyre an up and comer.

if you want to race with the pros run modified. leave the 19t for the next gen of racers that are gonna keep this hobby going.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:11 AM
Tech Regular

Those who were "letting off steam" during the awards ceremony shouldn't have all the fun. I think at the next Nats all the regular schmoes should be allowed to let off their own steam..............DURING THE A MAINS.............right behing the drivers stand! I'll bring the ball.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Andrew Swanson
Which brings up the next biggest problem with the current ROAR setup. I am sorry but NO FACTORY DRIVERS should be racingh 19t. 19t is for the consumer that has surpassed stock racing and is moving on to the next step of the racing level. The people who race 19t shouldnt have to walk up on the driver stand and even come close to thinking about having to beat Paul Lemeiux / Barry Baker / Mike Dumas / Ralp Burch So on and so on and so on.
19t is the next step from stock before you try your hands at full modified racing. It is just ridicilous that these people have to be constantly stuck in the c-d main because the top 25 are world class drivers. If theyre racing 19t why dont they just run stock too?

Its not the right place for them. Once you say make the main at the worlds you should never run anything but modified ever again its just sandbagging. I know its not up to some of the drivers. There sponsors are the ones making them run the class. Why? so there company has another shot at winning so they can brag a national title. When we should be having the next generation of our "PRO" drivbers coming up thru the ranks and winning 19t at a big race and making there way too modified.

Having 30 FULLY SPONSORED drivers in 19t is just WRONG.

That's why we have regionals. Also wasn't there stock at this race. What's wrong with running stock and then stepping up to 19t and running with fast guys. That's the only litmus test if you're fast enough to be "factory" right? At some point you're going to have to race against the nations best where the top 50 are sponsored and you'll be in the F-main. So at that point do we complain that the average guy isn't fast enough for mod?

This is the NATIONALS, it's almost like having stock at the worlds, why? This is supposed to be the best of the best, not the best of the average. I'm sorry but racing at this level isn't really about catering to the slower guys. I'm actually more for having to qualify for a nationals and limiting it further so it is the best. Nothing pains me more than seeing people enter and can't even make it around the track at a Nats. A harsh reality check is that if you think you're the best in the world and end up in the F-main that's where you belong. If you want to move up, practice and race with the fast guys, it helps you get better.

Maybe on-road needs a stock nats like off road? Confuses me why we do somethings in one class and not the other.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DerekB

Maybe on-road needs a stock nats like off road? Confuses me why we do somethings in one class and not the other.
works wonders in offraod and it wopuld definitely keep people who want to race / win the mod nats out of the stock/ 19t race

bob novak / billy easton / steve weiss and myself had a similar idea in a conversation we had sunday night at dinner i think its the perfect idea.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Thanks to everyone the ran the race, very professional and the tech setup was what ROAR events have been missing until now.

sorry to everyone for participating in the balloon toss after the race was over... i promise to never have any fun at a race ever again

and to anyone from the track crew, if you found a tan hooded shirt with a skull and the front, and says affliction on the back... around the xray pits (possibly hanging on the fence)... please send me a PM or Email, i would like to get it back if possible.

thanks,

Peter Robinson
Old 03-21-2006, 12:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DerekB

I'm sorry but racing at this level isn't really about catering to the slower guys...Nothing pains me more than seeing people enter and can't even make it around the track at a Nats.
You're an asshole.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andrew Swanson
how are we ever suppossed to find the next generation of drivers when theyre constantly stuck in the cmain cause every factory guy runs (sportsmam) 19t.
the next generation of mod drivers are already making the mains in 19T across the country. take a look. usually 3 or 4 of the guys in the 19T main are stock racers. robinson, ellis, johnson, lopez, etc. if you can't run with the pros in 19T, good luck doing it in mod!
Old 03-21-2006, 12:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by seaball
the next generation of mod drivers are already making the mains in 19T across the country. take a look. usually 3 or 4 of the guys in the 19T main are stock racers. robinson, ellis, johnson, lopez, etc. if you can't run with the pros in 19T, good luck doing it in mod!

And you at the NOvak race!! You big Failure!!!
Old 03-21-2006, 12:35 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say thank you to Ruben and the Stockton crew for putting on a great race. Very organized, excellent schedule, and the best Tech in years. Great to see the cars/batteries and motors all getting the full Monty after the Mains too.

Congratulations to all the winners. Toso and Paulie for having one of the best races I’ve seen in a long time. Dumas and Blackstock for throwing down some crazy fast 12th Mod laps, and Peter Robinson for capturing the 12th Stock National Title with his brand new Rev.4.

It was great meeting all the locals who support SpeedMerchant. You guys have some super clean cars, and some really innovative ideas. Big congrats to local E.J. Evans for making the 12th Stock A-main with a borrowed Rev.4. Great driving E.J., and nice meeting you.

Have a great week.

Take care.-Bruce
Old 03-21-2006, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rayhuang
And you at the NOvak race!! You big Failure!!!
so true. just you wait till i get the pins back out of my hand.
Old 03-21-2006, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

I wanted to say thanks and great job Ruben and crew! You guys put on a very enjoyable hitch free national. I hope to see you all again soon!
Old 03-21-2006, 01:45 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks to the whole Stockton race crew the race was one of the best and to Ruben for keeping things together the entire week can't wait for the paved nats....Thanks Drew
Old 03-21-2006, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Last edited by Kevin CBR; 03-21-2006 at 02:25 PM.
Old 03-21-2006, 02:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Has the equipment used by the winners posted anywhere? Looking to see what type of battery, 3700, 3800, and company SMC, ORION etc.. that was used, or what they REALLY used in reflection to what is posted.

Thanks
Fast Faisal
Old 03-21-2006, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dodgersfan
You're an asshole.
Wow, big words. I would have had to use spell check. Hopefully you say that to me in person too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.