Schumacher Corner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2004, 09:36 AM
Tech Adept

About the U2782 Teemu chassis - I remember Adrian & the gang saying it has batteries mounted in the inside rear position. I just got some of those chassis's from Schumacher UK last week and they have the batteries in the inside middle position. Are there different versions of this chassis or is one of us mistaken?
Old 09-03-2004, 09:39 AM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The did not get put as far back as we originaly thought they would be. I ran this chassis last weekend and it worked great. The countersinking is also done better on these chassis too.
Old 09-03-2004, 09:44 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks Mo, I have no doubt it works great nonetheless
Carpet season starts on Sunday, we'll see how it goes...
Old 09-03-2004, 10:59 AM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Cool. Carpet starts in October for me. That'll be the first time on carpet with this car for me.
Old 09-03-2004, 11:08 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

OK, so I have been running carpet for about a month with the car and have a tip:

After every race night, take the car apart and defuzz the main layshaft (with the spur and rear pulley on it). I normally wont take my car apart after every race day, but that shaft gathers fuzz at an accelerated rate. I didn't think to take it apart and look at it until after the 3rd race night and had a significant loss in speed (now I know why)

Just some info, but I expect you guys are much more dilligent with the maintenance on your cars than I am
Old 09-03-2004, 08:04 PM
Tech Adept

Default Carpet Help Needed

[First off, hope everyone is FL is staying safe and is away from the storm]

Hope someone can help me. I have a stock Mi2. I will be running starting in two weeks in a points series. I plan to run stock and 19T.

The track is 50' x 100' with a 100' straight that comes across the front of the drivers stand. The rest of track is twisties.

Anyway, its an Ozite track that is being "professionally" secured to 1/2in exterior grade plywood which is being screwed into asphalt. So this should be very, very hard fast track.

By they way, we are using ROAR rules and the cars will be teched

I have two questions:

1) What is a recommended setup for carpet for stock and 19T
2) What are the recommended speed secret options I should get.
3) What are the recommended shore rating for F/R foams

This will be my first season running TC on carpet.

Since I will most likely be the only Mi2, any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 09-03-2004, 09:22 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

LF--

I would help, but I am still searching for a setup.

PW has a good starting point...
Old 09-04-2004, 05:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default carpet/foam setup

Leadfoot, Kansasrcracer, and others, I cant post my carpet setup, but email me a addy, and I can email my last night setup to you. I am going to get this carpet stuff down very soon. I raced well last night, the car was very stable, and got faster and faster the whole night. Local fast guys turning sub 14 sec laps in 19 turn, me a new car, no setup, and winging it, turned 14.8 sec laps. Pretty dang close, without much time for setup. I agree check the layshaft, and also I kept loosing my flange on the the 20t pulley, I may need a alloy one. Keep you all posted.
Old 09-04-2004, 06:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Leadfoot where is there a carpet track in conn.? Im always looking for new tracks to visit. THX
Old 09-04-2004, 06:37 AM
Tech Addict

does anyone know if the carpet setup in the back of the mi2 manual is a good starting setup? Also does a spool work well on carpet?
Old 09-04-2004, 11:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The carpet setup in the book is an early rubber tire carpet setup. If you run on Foam we can email you Mike McMahon's setup or we can get you a more current rubber carpet setup.

If you run foam tires diffs are the only way to go. If you run rubber on carpet then its a one way as a first choice then a diff then a spool for special situations depending on grip.
Old 09-04-2004, 11:49 AM
Tech Addict

you got email adrianM
Old 09-04-2004, 12:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Monday is the US Labor Day holiday. I will get back to you as soon as we get in on Tuesday.
Old 09-04-2004, 12:36 PM
Tech Adept

Default Carpet Racing in CT

John Tag:

http://www.hobbychamber.com -- Hobby Chamber, West Haven, CT near the shoreline. There are directions from NY/NJ on the site

If you are looking for a higher level of competition, check out
http://www.rcmadness.com/ R/C Madness in Enfield, CT. They have two factory backed guys that race there. The only issues (unless things have changed) is that the pit area in the winter is cramped and sparse.

I can tell you that Hobby Chambers is clean, well kept with plenty of pit space.

XRAY, HPI, Associated and Yokomo are your main competition at both locations. Anything else and make sure you bring all your own parts.
Old 09-04-2004, 12:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default Re: Carpet Racing in CT

Originally posted by LeadFoot
John Tag:

http://www.hobbychamber.com -- Hobby Chamber, West Haven, CT near the shoreline. There are directions from NY/NJ on the site

If you are looking for a higher level of competition, check out
http://www.rcmadness.com/ R/C Madness in Enfield, CT. They have two factory backed guys that race there. The only issues (unless things have changed) is that the pit area in the winter is cramped and sparse.

I can tell you that Hobby Chambers is clean, well kept with plenty of pit space.

XRAY, HPI, Associated and Yokomo are your main competition at both locations. Anything else and make sure you bring all your own parts.
Leadfoot, have we met? Why dont you contact me so we can talk, I will pm my home # for you. I will definetely be at Hobby Chamber for the State Champs in October. My Mi2 will be on a mission....
John, you ahve got to check out HC, it is closet to you than SouthShore, but both are premier facilities. I was racing at SS last night. Awesome layout, better bring the driver, not the land missle..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.