Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree192Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2019, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Knockoffracer
Need some advice, or tech help with the XR10 PRO 160a esc running a 10.5 G3 motor.

It will not work with the sensor cable installed. I need to push the car to get it to go, or yank the throttle back and forth until the car generates enough movement. I have replaced the sensor cable at least three times, replaced the Hall sensor, and replaced the capacitor pack after noticing damage to it. After all of this I still experience the same issue. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for any info. I've already been in contact with HW, they have been no help at all.
try tuning down your punch on start up
Cain and Knockoffracer like this.
Old 09-07-2019, 11:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I don't see a punch setting on the program box. There is a quite a bit to adjust, but I have changed nothing aside from cut-off, and running mode. Is it called something else in this box? It's the one with the lipo check function.
Old 09-10-2019, 04:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Need some advice, or tech help with the XR10 PRO 160a esc running a 10.5 G3 motor.

It will not work with the sensor cable installed. I need to push the car to get it to go, or yank the throttle back and forth until the car generates enough movement. I have replaced the sensor cable at least three times, replaced the Hall sensor, and replaced the capacitor pack after noticing damage to it. After all of this I still experience the same issue. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for any info. I've already been in contact with HW, they have been no help at all.
can you post your settings so we can see if there is anything wrong with your adjustments? You said you noticed damage to the capacitor, did it get plugged in backwards? Have you tried another motor?
paul R.
Knockoffracer likes this.
Old 09-10-2019, 06:30 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
can you post your settings so we can see if there is anything wrong with your adjustments? You said you noticed damage to the capacitor, did it get plugged in backwards? Have you tried another motor?
paul R.

I did reverse the polarity once. The capacitor pack was damaged in a wreck. I have used a different motor, some no-name one a friend loaned me just to try. It still displays the same issue. I'm pretty sure I nuked something in the ESC.
Old 09-10-2019, 06:33 PM
Tech Champion

I did reverse the polarity once. The capacitor pack was damaged in a wreck. I have used a different motor, some no-name one a friend loaned me just to try. It still displays the same issue. I'm pretty sure I nuked something in the ESC.
Yes...even if they still work they are never the same after you plug them in wrong. When you send it in see about an upgrade to the new G3 speedo that has reverse polarity protection.
Old 09-15-2019, 09:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default XR8 plus

Hey guys my ESC won't let me do anything on it it blinks 4 green light fast what does this mean??? Thanks in advance???
Old 09-16-2019, 06:33 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
Yes...even if they still work they are never the same after you plug them in wrong. When you send it in see about an upgrade to the new G3 speedo that has reverse polarity protection.

Ran the car again this weekend after making some adjustments with the program card. I definitely cooked one of the stages in this thing. Which is fine for now. I'll see if HW will service the thing or just pick up a G3.
Old 09-17-2019, 09:39 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Bigv
Hey guys my ESC won't let me do anything on it it blinks 4 green light fast what does this mean??? Thanks in advance???
it sounds like its counting the number of cells, you are running 4 cell right? If it wont do anything else try to do a recalibration to your radio.
Old 09-21-2019, 11:50 AM
Tech Regular

Default Which Hobbywing ESC?

My B6.1d has a XR10 Justock in it with a Reedy S-Plus 17.5t. I also have a B6.1 that I'm building for carpet, also with a 17.5t motor
I have a XR10 Stock Spec and a XR10 Pro (not G2) unopened and looking for a purpose.

Which car should get which ESC? Would I experience any difference when either of them are installed in place of the Justock?
Old 09-23-2019, 10:44 PM
Tech Adept

I recently purchased a hobbywing xr10 pro g2 with v10 6.5t combo. I set my voltage cutoff to 3.4v and when I put it on charge my batteries are at 3.2v per cell. I just purchased new good quality batteries and would like to prolong their life as much as possible. Im debating wether or not to raise the cutoff to 3.6v i just dont want them to cut early for no good reason.
Old 09-24-2019, 01:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Bigv
The GREEN LED flashes a short, triple flash that repeats (☆☆☆, ☆☆☆,☆☆☆) indicating the continuous current has exceeded the threshold for a while and the current protection is activated.
The GREEN LED flashes a short, quadruple flash that repeats (☆☆☆☆, ☆☆☆☆, ☆☆☆☆) indicating the ESC has failed the self test and it needs to be sent back to the factory for test and repair. (In general, the problem is caused by ESC failure, or motor failure sometimes.)
Old 09-24-2019, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jcnadeau13
I recently purchased a hobbywing xr10 pro g2 with v10 6.5t combo. I set my voltage cutoff to 3.4v and when I put it on charge my batteries are at 3.2v per cell. I just purchased new good quality batteries and would like to prolong their life as much as possible. Im debating wether or not to raise the cutoff to 3.6v i just dont want them to cut early for no good reason.
Just remember that the voltage you set is for the whole pack, not single cell on Hobbywing ESCs (range goes from 3.0V to 7.4V (up to 11.1V on the G1), and I have seen many people setting it up wrong.
Old 09-24-2019, 08:06 AM
Tech Adept

Thank you I did think it was per cell.
Old 09-24-2019, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Anyone have issues with the new G2 XR10 Pro esc onboard switch? My onboard switch quit on me. The external plug in switch still works though. Requested a return for it to get it fixed.

Hobbywing support told me how to clean it...... seems to work now.

Last edited by BRSracing; 09-25-2019 at 05:46 AM.
Old 09-24-2019, 09:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

should i go with the new pro g2 elite edition or the pro g2 is the same instead of the color stripe and 13 awg wire..thx !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.