Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Practicing safety with risky ads

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 06:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

+11ty billion on the attention ho post titles!
I'm new here, but not to forums and the like.
I just bypass those, no matter the deal inside. May miss the deal of a lifetime, but it's easy to avoid the asshattery that way
Old 06-17-2014, 04:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
The smartest, and dare I say, trustworthy sellers. Post or send pics with a piece of paper with their user name and date written on it.

I don't, and obviously don't think I need to but if I wasn't a moderator I definitely would. Keeps people from stealing your pics as well.
My pics are so bad nobody would want to steal them.
Old 06-23-2014, 01:59 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lbenton
My pics are so bad nobody would want to steal them.
So is the quality of your vehicles

(i kid, i kid!)
Old 06-24-2014, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

I say don't be afraid to over-communicate with people, regardless of whether you are the buyer or seller. Or working a trade. If you get the feeling at all that the person you are talking to has a short fuse and doesn't want to engage in extended communication, it might be best to walk away. I sell on Ebay and sometimes the same people will ask me a million questions... I answer them all. Not fun, but it's all part of the game. If you get a guy that doesn't want to respond in a quick & courteous manner you may have problems. If it's all just "Here is my paypal send money now and I'll ship" you can bet the quality of the product and the packaging won't be that great. At least that's my experience. The guys that happily answer all my questions, whether it be through pm and / or text, are the ones that ship when they say they will, provide prompt tracking info, and package the product in away that it survives the transit. Plus it's actually as described or better.