The end is near...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The end is near...

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 02:44 PM
Tech Adept

the amount of money it takes to be competitive in TC these days is rediculous. i know most of it is skill, but at the higher levels it takes money too.

i agree with soviet in some aspects. dont reace TC anymore, but dont get into 12th scale.....race gas

as stated in the 4 cell thread

"just another reason to race nitro"
Old 11-29-2006, 03:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

how is gas cheaper? dont you have to buy new set of tires every meet? also the carbby on the motor etc?

i am also considering nitro...pleease indicate how it is cheaper than electric
Old 11-29-2006, 03:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SPZA
the amount of money it takes to be competitive in TC these days is rediculous. i know most of it is skill, but at the higher levels it takes money too.

i agree with soviet in some aspects. dont reace TC anymore, but dont get into 12th scale.....race gas

as stated in the 4 cell thread

"just another reason to race nitro"

You're from Barrie...where do you race gas from mid-October to mid-May?
Old 11-29-2006, 03:48 PM
Tech Adept

i never said gas i cheaper, maybe i should elaborate(sp)

gas isnt any cheaper, but it is more fun, and you get to race more then 5 minutes.....wooo 5 minutes, i dont get into my race groove untill thr 4 minute mark.....then i have 41 left in a 45 minute main to have fun.

i race nitro offroad, i raced onroad electric one winter, and it was boring to me.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:50 PM
Tech Adept

there is no where to race, only electric...besides i spend from october to may studying and getting a college education
Old 11-29-2006, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I race nitro offroad, as well as electric touring...and both are great for their own reasons...

Indoor season suits my lifestyle more, with less going on outdoors than in the summer(yard maintenance, boating, family bbq's, golf, etc) to eat into my racing time..

Locally we have very competitive touring car, micro (both on and offroad) and 12th scale racing...it's just a different...
Old 11-29-2006, 04:01 PM
Tech Adept

1/12 No Thanks!
Old 11-29-2006, 04:09 PM
Tech Adept

indoor racing is popular and quick in ontario, but i dont have the time. snowbaording, school eat up all my time
Old 11-29-2006, 04:10 PM
Tech Adept

nitro to me is so much more fun. i dont get exited racing electric. but for nitro i get excited and can't sleep the night before.

maybe because there are too many classes in electric and not many racers in mod. qualifying means nothing as there are less than 10 racers and everyone makes the A anyway..

whereas in nitro there are over 30+ people in nitro on any give day, and you have to qualify good to make the a-final. also can race in the semi-final and get bump-up to A-Final
Old 11-29-2006, 04:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R/C Anonymous
People need to stop blaming the reason why they lose is because someone else has a newer car then them. It's really irritating to see someone say such an ignorant comment. If people would realize that it's THEIR driving that sucks and NOT their car then everything would be better.

I will agree a newer car (made within the last 8 years is still competitive...I think the TC3 came out in '98?).will help (that's a long time span).

I used to race with 2 year old packs at the Novak Race and local series races and still managed to make A-mains. I'm not saying I'm the god of r/c racing but it goes to show that less then top of the line equipment is still competitive.
ok, Mr.T2 007
Old 11-29-2006, 05:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlueR1
in 12 months

IB3600
IB3800
IB4200
IB4200UHV
IB4200UHV WC

to race at big meets you need to best, or your not going to be competitive. especially since not many race mod around here. its all stock.

i havent seen many youger racers here, unfortunatly i think the hobby is going to slowly die, due to not enough young blood coming into the hobby.

these days theres lots more optins for kids to do, mainly internet gaming and playstation etc
/

I'm barely getting into IB3800's to try and keep up.

Internet gaming, X-Box, & now PS3 are killing this hobby. I haven't introduced TV video games to my daughter, and she wants a R/C car. Will probably give her one of my older cars or just buy her a mini cooper. She spends time with me that way, and still plays with girl stuff.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlueR1
in 12 months
IB3600
IB3800
IB4200
IB4200UHV
IB4200UHV WC

You might be a little off on your dates...

IB3600, April 2004, coming up on 3 years.
IB3800, March, 2005
IB4200, December, 2005 (nearly a year now)
Old 11-29-2006, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DrOlds
Capable of winning,but un-welcome.Around here it has been made quite clear that you better not show up with an outdated car.They have gotten it into their heads that if you don't have all new stuff then you are stealing from the hobby shop.And that's not just from the guys behind the counter-it's from the racers themselves.Suggest a budget class(to boost volume)and every hobby shop employee in town has a spasm.

Europeans race in the rain,and on polished wood floors-american racers won't give up their tire sauce.

The biggest threat to the sucess of on-road racing........is on-road racers.
Whoa! The track that I frequent has some pretty good guys there. But even the "run for fun guys" drive Xray 007's or RDX's. So when I stopped driving my JRXS, I got some funny looks. I turned in my Losi and bought a $129 TA05 (well about $250 with shocks and universals) and I love it. You just have to be the type of person that doesn't think you have to have the car of the month. I love the high end cars, but I don't think anyone should look down on anyone because of the equipment they buy
Old 11-29-2006, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Victor Vector
For the blind out there,

the next big thing is:
BIKES
all ready did that
Old 11-29-2006, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

did TC and now i dont like it,1/12 is the cheapest way to be fast and its damm cool. nitro 1/10 is very cool but costs lots,elc 1/10 off road is coming back but ill never do it again or maybe but the same thing like TC motors batts cars to be fast fast fast. now oval thats fast and fun i loved doing that but it to died,or will it come back who knows oh 1/8 on and off road well if you really have the $ its fun, 1/12 is all ways bin there and its the oldest ifmr worlds class.and its more of a drivers class.but hey what ever the flavour of the month. but dont just kill TC it will probably go away on its own, and we'll all fly helis LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.