Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Hi Oleg - Has the specific date and place for the press release been established? ATM I'm checking the Awesomatix website, RCTech, and RedRC every so often. If known, "Check here at this date" type of post from Team Awesomatix would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Dont know about that Nolan. You going to be the first customer if they do get a US distributor? LOL

I did hear there may be a US distributor in the works though while I was at that race.

EA
I m good for 2 kits
Old 08-20-2012, 07:49 AM
Tech Master

Not to be outdone the Right coast could be good for 2 to 3 kits.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hello all together,

I would like to post you all the news and keep you updated about the current standing:

We will offer two new versions of the A700 car.
A 700EX ( full option ) version, new parts:

new C01EX chassis with adjustable stiffness,
new AM01-1 and AM03-1 parts ( gear box )
new DL6/DR6 dampers + new AM08-1 Shock Holders ( dampers are now changeable, you can change the part which includes the oil, we will offer softer ones in the next time )
new AM10-1 with more easy and secure adjustment of bearing clearance ( ackermann rack )
new AM14-1 ( the same steering parameters as old AM14 but with new shape)
new aluminium rear steering arms AM23 instead of the carbon C05.
new battery mount system for more easy battery position adjustment,
new additional optional soft springs set SPR01S in addition to std. SPR01 springs.
new additional central servo holder AM24 in addition to std. AM07L/R ( only two screws in the middle of the chassis to get best tweak )
no any servo saver set

A700 L version is for longitudinal motor only and in comparison to EX version has:
new C01L narrow chassis with adjustable stiffness and with cuts for longitudinal motor only
no G01, G02 gears and others parts for transverse motor mounting,
no C03 ( topdeck for transverse )
no AT22 ( adjustable body post holder rear )
no SPR01S ( soft springs )
no AM24 ( new servo holder )

All the kits and new parts will be released in the next month ( september/ october ). The final production is running and Oleg is checking the parts at the manufacture soon.

Best Regards,
Freddy
Old 08-23-2012, 12:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks Freddy,

That was a much needed update.

A few clarifications.
1. I understand the EX and L chassis are different. Which would be most suitable for asphalt low/mid traction?
2. AT22 Adjustable body post rear will also be included in the EX?

Regards,
John
Old 08-23-2012, 12:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi John,

to be honest both chassis are working very well. The EX version is wider instead of the L version. I personal feel that the narrow chassis ( L ) has a little bit less rear traction instead of the EX which is more easy and more stable in rear. I used both in the past time and it always depends on the track surface but both are quick and I could not say that chassis ... is better...

Yes, AT22 is the same rear body holder which is currently in the kits and will be in the EX kits.

Regards,
Freddy
Old 08-23-2012, 02:40 AM
Tech Rookie

oh...I am looking for metal differential gears set...they are the weakest parts thru out the transmission.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

@ tinngsmile

I tested the first samples of metall gears some weeks ago. We changed the design now again and waiting for the first new samples. They have now the same layout then the plastik ones. Smooth and no more problems with broken gears.
Will be also released in the next month.

Regards,
Freddy
Old 08-23-2012, 03:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks Freddy!! With the metal gears set, I can say A700 is on the top of the reliable machine list!!
Old 08-23-2012, 07:15 AM
Tech Rookie

A700 wins the 4 round of Swiss Electric Championship in Weinfelden in modified with Stadler Dionys and I arrived second in pro stock.

Indoor asphalt, trated with solution of water and sugar, due to the humidity in the morning absolute no grip, in the afternoon very high grip. In these condition A700 was the only car to fit easly and the best car viewed on the track.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

Freddy,

Thank you for the updates. I'm curious to know if the updated gear box is lowered (AM01-1). If so, will the new short steering blocks (AM06S) be included? Also, I assume the new dampers will require the new shock holder. If so, will the new shock holder (AM08-1) mount up to the original standard (C01) lower deck? Lastly, I was hoping for an updated/improved Ball Joint Set. I don't see anything on the website. Can we assume that these pieces haven't been updated?

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi John,

I am not 100% sure about the new gear boxes. But I don't think that the shorter AM06s are included.

The new shock holder will be mounted like the old one, just with 4mm shims height.

Oleg is working on the new ball joints and also on a lot more new and nice parts. But all needs time, so for the moment he stay with the std. ball joints.
You can be sure that in the future will come a lot nice things :-)

Regards,
Freddy
Old 08-23-2012, 11:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FreddySudhoff
Hi John,

to be honest both chassis are working very well. The EX version is wider instead of the L version. I personal feel that the narrow chassis ( L ) has a little bit less rear traction instead of the EX which is more easy and more stable in rear. I used both in the past time and it always depends on the track surface but both are quick and I could not say that chassis ... is better...

Yes, AT22 is the same rear body holder which is currently in the kits and will be in the EX kits.

Regards,
Freddy
Freddy I found this also with the original and C01L.

Without the cut outs for transverse motor, battery tape slots and under gearbox the C01L is stiffer, so less traction

Also with the mass centralised the car turns even quicker, so more stress for the rear end..
Old 08-23-2012, 01:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by John.C
Freddy,

Thank you for the updates. I'm curious to know if the updated gear box is lowered (AM01-1). If so, will the new short steering blocks (AM06S) be included? Also, I assume the new dampers will require the new shock holder. If so, will the new shock holder (AM08-1) mount up to the original standard (C01) lower deck? Lastly, I was hoping for an updated/improved Ball Joint Set. I don't see anything on the website. Can we assume that these pieces haven't been updated?
Thanks in advance.
New AM01-1 is not lowered.
AM06S are not included in the kits.
We are preparing the recommendations of using AM06S now.
There is a chance that the improved P01/P02 will be included in L and EX kits and available as spare parts also as soonest.

New SPR01S soft springs have the rate 0.67 regarding to the standard SPR01 springs and are suitable for old and new dampers.

Last edited by Oleg Babich; 08-23-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi All,

If anyone out there has an original chassis plate, used and scratched up that they have no further use for, that they would mind getting rid of cheap, I'd very much like to hear from you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.