Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > California Racing
BRUSHLESS 21.5 STOCK SPEC RACING @ WEST COAST RACEWAY >

BRUSHLESS 21.5 STOCK SPEC RACING @ WEST COAST RACEWAY

BRUSHLESS 21.5 STOCK SPEC RACING @ WEST COAST RACEWAY

Old 03-12-2010, 12:03 PM
Tech Master

Talking BRUSHLESS 21.5 STOCK SPEC RACING @ WEST COAST RACEWAY

Racers, as many of you have voiced your concerns of the speed and cost of onroad racing. Team Novak and West Coast have teamed up and found a solution to make sure new racers, along with those who do not want to spend an arm and a leg on upgrading their elctronics just to be competative have a class to have fun in. Novak has decided to donate 8, havoc 21.5 combo to help jump start the new stock spec racing class at West Coast Raceway. Novak will hand out 8 havoc 21.5 combos this Saturday March 13th. We will offer this class every raceday along with a new series starting in about a month.

It's 2010, brushed racing is a thing of the past, upgrade your system to a brushless speedo/motor combo. We will offer this combo for 130.00 exclusivly at West Coast until 3.31.10.

Onroad racing is at a decline, we're hoping that slowing the hobby down will generate new racers who just want to have fun and don't want to invest their life saving on new electronics that will be outdated it 2 months.

The reason we chose this class is to slow the pace down, make it affordable, and make onroad fun again! You can run a tc3 and still be as competative as a T3. That's awesome.

Classe Rules: Novak Havoc 21.5 Brushless Class Sedan

1.Only the novak havoc speedo & motor is allowed.

2. Solaris Premount tires

3. Any body allowed

4. Any Car allowed

Please let us know if your thoughts on this class. We will start the Novak spec class Saturday, March 20th only @ West Coast Raceway.

We will offer this class in F1 and Mini soon as well.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

THAT is AMAZING...

I ran VTA when it first came on the scene for about a month. When I got back into RC I did not even consider it due to the speeds they were reaching with the new speedo's.

I think its excellent to take a stand and implement specific items..

WCRCR.com on the move.. Good deal.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

So I have to buy a expensive high end battery to compete????

Just curious....
Old 03-12-2010, 12:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DannyS
Racers, as many of you have voiced your concerns of the speed and cost of onroad racing. Team Novak and West Coast have teamed up and found a solution to make sure new racers, along with those who do not want to spend an arm and a leg on upgrading their elctronics just to be competative have a class to have fun in. Novak has decided to donate 8, havoc 21.5 combo to help jump start the new stock spec racing class at West Coast Raceway. Novak will hand out 8 havoc 21.5 combos this Saturday March 13th. We will offer this class every raceday along with a new series starting in about a month.

It's 2010, brushed racing is a thing of the past, upgrade your system to a brushless speedo/motor combo. We will offer this combo for 130.00 exclusivly at West Coast until 3.31.10.

Onroad racing is at a decline, we're hoping that slowing the hobby down will generate new racers who just want to have fun and don't want to invest their life saving on new electronics that will be outdated it 2 months.

The reason we chose this class is to slow the pace down, make it affordable, and make onroad fun again! You can run a tc3 and still be as competative as a T3. That's awesome.

Classe Rules: Novak Havoc 21.5 Brushless Class Sedan

1.Only the novak havoc speedo & motor is allowed.

2. Solaris Premount tires

3. Any body allowed

4. Any Car allowed

Please let us know if your thoughts on this class. We will start the Novak spec class Saturday, March 20th only @ West Coast Raceway.

We will offer this class in F1 and Mini soon as well.
Right on Danny! I'm up for running this on Tuesday nights and would gladly accept one of the Havoc 21.5 systems if anything is left on Tuesday...which for some reason I doubt! That said, $130 is a fair price.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:31 PM
Tech Master

Default Expensive Battery

No you do not have to buy a expensive battery or a high c rating battery due to the fact that the 21.5 can not draw enough current to make the discharge rate a matter. The "c" rating is best for high performing motors such as 13.5's and Mods. There you will see a huge difference, but for 17.5 or 21.5 is irrelevant. Thanks for your concern and hopefully you will be at WC to support this class.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:39 PM
Tech Adept

A C rating will affect ANY motor regardless.... some more than others but its still a factor
Old 03-12-2010, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Neccros
So I have to buy a expensive high end battery to compete????

Just curious....
You don't have to.

and...GREAT IDEA DANNY!
Old 03-12-2010, 12:47 PM
Tech Regular

For what it's worth, I don't think the C rating will have a noticable effect on racing. We've been running minis on Tuesday nights. I run two packs, one rated at 3400 mah and 20C and the other at 3000 mah and 25C. Logic says the 25C pack should be faster, though on the track I can't feel the difference and I can't see the difference on the heat sheet. We'll need to get these power systems on the track before we worry too much. The pack can be spec'ed if need be later.

Neccros, what are you running now? Pretty sure just about any of the gear you'd run in RCGT, 17.5, or 13.5 would be sufficient for 21.5.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Old Tech
For what it's worth, I don't think the C rating will have a noticable effect on racing. We've been running minis on Tuesday nights. I run two packs, one rated at 3400 mah and 20C and the other at 3000 mah and 25C. Logic says the 25C pack should be faster, though on the track I can't feel the difference and I can't see the difference on the heat sheet. We'll need to get these power systems on the track before we worry too much. The pack can be spec'ed if need be later.

Neccros, what are you running now? Pretty sure just about any of the gear you'd run in RCGT, 17.5, or 13.5 would be sufficient for 21.5.
Well a TRUE spec class should limit ALL things minus the chassis since they are regulated by ROAR and other governing bodies.

ESCs, Motors, AND Batteries should be controlled...

IMHO
Old 03-12-2010, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Just a comment regarding the C rating as it relates to this new 21.5 class. I have been running 21.5 for a couple weeks now and testing the fesability. I have run many different batteries from high C to low C as well as high mAh batteries and low. Lap times are consistant with all the batteries run to date. In fact the lower C rated batteries possibly performed better than the high C rated batteries with the decreased amp draw of the 21.5 motor. As many racer know battery temp is important and the 21.5 warmed the lower C batteries better.

This class will introduce much closer racing than we have seen recently with the advanced esc techonolgies. It is discouraging when you see a spread of "laps" when everyone is supposedly racing in the same class. When you watch the racers running mini's laughing and having a great time it appears to have a lot to do with the fact that they are all approximately the same speed. RC racing is a hobby and i hope that this class can bring some close racing and bring back the "FUN" factor in touring cars.

This is a big effort on the part of West Coast to help bring fun back to racing and the class will be monitored and adjust IF NEED BE to keep the racing close and fun.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rocketron
Just a comment regarding the C rating as it relates to this new 21.5 class. I have been running 21.5 for a couple weeks now and testing the fesability. I have run many different batteries from high C to low C as well as high mAh batteries and low. Lap times are consistant with all the batteries run to date. In fact the lower C rated batteries possibly performed better than the high C rated batteries with the decreased amp draw of the 21.5 motor. As many racer know battery temp is important and the 21.5 warmed the lower C batteries better.

This class will introduce much closer racing than we have seen recently with the advanced esc techonolgies. It is discouraging when you see a spread of "laps" when everyone is supposedly racing in the same class. When you watch the racers running mini's laughing and having a great time it appears to have a lot to do with the fact that they are all approximately the same speed. RC racing is a hobby and i hope that this class can bring some close racing and bring back the "FUN" factor in touring cars.

This is a big effort on the part of West Coast to help bring fun back to racing and the class will be monitored and adjust IF NEED BE to keep the racing close and fun.
Then selling a CHEAP spec battery with the motor and esc shouldnt be a problem if you want to make it a spec class
Old 03-12-2010, 01:06 PM
Tech Regular

Well a TRUE spec class should limit ALL things minus the chassis since they are regulated by ROAR and other governing bodies.

IMHO
There is no perfect solution that will make everybody happy. I think this is a step in the right direction and I hope that if you're interested you'll give it a chance. If you're not interested, then I'm not sure I understand your negativity?
Old 03-12-2010, 01:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

IMHO
I agree with your comment of SPEC esc, motors, and batteries. THe batteries at this time are not specified as you point out BUT again testing has shown that the battery has not been a factor.

As mentioned above IF adjustments to the class are needed they will be made. But for the current time it has been decided to not require a racer to PURCHASE any batteries and thus rasie the cost for such a class.

A big THANK YOU to NOVAK and especially Bob Novak for supporting this effort.

Last edited by rocketron; 03-12-2010 at 01:20 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:20 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rocketron
I agree with your comment of SPEC esc, motors, and batteries. THe batteries at this time are not specified as you point out BUT again testing has shown that the battery has not been a factor.

As mentioned above IF adjustments to the class are needed they will be made. But for the current time it has been decided to not require a racer to PURCHASE any batteries and thus rasie the cost for such a class.

Cars cant run w/o a battery!!! Just find a bunch of cheap lipos and charge $30 a piece for them and you have a real spec class.... make them 20c if you want...

Im not being negative, Im just telling what a spec class is... they have been doing spec classes since the early '90s.... its nothing new!!!
Old 03-12-2010, 01:25 PM
Tech Regular

how will the combos be handed out? first come first serve?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.