Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SHORT COURSE

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 01:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by C.Harper
I have not noticed any real change. Of course I run at Leisure Hours and we have a great track builder. I know that is not typical.
how is leisure hours track? ive wanted to go but i just got my buggy and im currentl in mexico but might go in june
Old 04-25-2010, 01:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dadsvtechonda
i know the buggy and truggy class are alot bigger i dont mind them racin but i dont like how they are making the tracks just for them. the pic above says it all
That track SUCKS!! Even for a Slash, Blitz, SC10, or etc.. We had at least twice that many jumps in our winter track and it was 1/3 the size..
Old 04-25-2010, 06:16 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jglaze
Same thing I was thinking. No reason to hate short coarse just because some are not good at building tracks. If you think about how many new people have gotten into rc from that class and then moved into 1/8 scale soon after, short course has been one of the good things to happen recently. You can't expect someone who's never been to an rc track to go their first time and buy $2,000 worth of stuff just to start racing. They are going to go with the $200 truck so they can get into it to have fun racing. Than in several instances that I have personally witnessed, those who wished to progress in they're racing moved into 1/8 scale. Others stay in short course which is fine. Help your local track builder with some new ideas for more triple jumps and rhythm sections to allow both classes in a constructive approach and they will probably embrace the idea. Go to him with a "short coarse sucks!" attitude and they'll probably not listen.
i agree with lots of points in this thread. but wut SC costs 200? once u spend $ on broken parts and upgrades your gone be close to the 1500-2000 mark anyway. why not spend the $ up front and dont worry bout it on the back end. ive seen tracks close off a section or two just to run the SC's. nowadays lotta tracks have just redone the entire track making it more of a dirt oval. now theres no need for a well engineered rc, you can buy anything and hit the track. i understand where the lhs/track owners are coming from tho, they have to adjust w/the times. ive adjusted also and sold ALL my offroad gear and gone 1/8 onroad

btw, i drove a friends SC that had all official gear on it, dialed in for the track and i wasnt impressed @ all. i may get my 3yr old son one for xmas this yr
Old 04-25-2010, 06:21 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Jusleanit
i agree with lots of points in this thread. but wut SC costs 200? once u spend $ on broken parts and upgrades your gone be close to the 1500-2000 mark anyway. why not spend the $ up front and dont worry bout it on the back end. ive seen tracks close off a section or two just to run the SC's. nowadays lotta tracks have just redone the entire track making it more of a dirt oval. now theres no need for a well engineered rc, you can buy anything and hit the track. i understand where the lhs/track owners are coming from tho, they have to adjust w/the times. ive adjusted also and sold ALL my offroad gear and gone 1/8 onroad

btw, i drove a friends SC that had all official gear on it, dialed in for the track and i wasnt impressed @ all. i may get my 3yr old son one for xmas this yr

yea i get that but it really isnt, that hard to make a offroad track for both scales. just have one big double. and the others, not as big easy most tracks can do that.

but yea sc has helped overall turnouts.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:23 PM
Suspended

^^^^ o yea!!!! 15 truggies VS. 25-30 sc's thats a no brainer i aint mad @ the track/lhs owners @ all. they got mouths to feed!!!
Old 04-25-2010, 06:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Need more trucks like the sc8, its the absolute best of both worlds.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:06 PM
Tech Regular

you can convert nitro buggies to short course by just removing the wing and slapping on a truck body. all you need is the right body posts. my buddy already converted his and it looks awesome. im thinking of putting on the new Pro-line ford F-150 body
Old 04-25-2010, 07:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

^^^^ o yea!!!! 15 truggies VS. 25-30 sc's thats a no brainer i aint mad @ the track/lhs owners @ all. they got mouths to feed!!!
The mouths to feed is a poor excuse. Track layout, design, etc. does not have to be tied to any hobby shop sales. So, those 15 truggies at say $1500 a piece would still put up more $$$$ than the sct's in upfront expenses. In addition, quit trying to fool everyone and think that we all buy our parts and vehicles from the track that we run at. The best tracks that I have run at, are ones that have no ties to a hobby shop. Unfortunately most local hobby shops have two jobs today and that is just reality. Join the internet sales approach or quit complaining about sales and mouths to feed.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Not sure that you can get into SC for 200 even, but its sure not 2000. You can pick up a RTR SC and add a battery and charger for under 300 pretty easy. Then gradually add upgrades. Even if you go all out from the start its pretty dam hard to spend 1500 on a SC truck. Since the rolling chassis is 1/3 the price of most 1/8 scale cars.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:11 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by jmackani
The mouths to feed is a poor excuse. Track layout, design, etc. does not have to be tied to any hobby shop sales. So, those 15 truggies at say $1500 a piece would still put up more $$$$ than the sct's in upfront expenses. In addition, quit trying to fool everyone and think that we all buy our parts and vehicles from the track that we run at. The best tracks that I have run at, are ones that have no ties to a hobby shop. Unfortunately most local hobby shops have two jobs today and that is just reality. Join the internet sales approach or quit complaining about sales and mouths to feed.
lol, hey man-im jus tryna keep it clean. but for me the TWO offroad tracks i use to run at were tied to stores & they had any & all brands on the shelves from traxxas to motonica so thats where my POV is comin from. now a track w/no lhs ties is a diff story. they did what they had to do to increase turnout because one of them had chassis bending jumps so lots of ppl were unable to come thru cuz they werent running official chassis. like i said.......i didnt get upset, i sold my Truggy.....my sig speaks for itself
Old 04-25-2010, 08:13 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by camocowboy
Not sure that you can get into SC for 200 even, but its sure not 2000. You can pick up a RTR SC and add a battery and charger for under 300 pretty easy. Then gradually add upgrades. Even if you go all out from the start its pretty dam hard to spend 1500 on a SC truck. Since the rolling chassis is 1/3 the price of most 1/8 scale cars.
if u hit the track ur gonna need tires, official radio/servos/electronics so its gonna add up. what sc rtr can u get for under 300??
Old 04-25-2010, 10:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

while there may only be 15 truggies there are also 15 Expert Buggies and 10 Sportsman buggies add in 10 MTs and the feild is even.. But Like some one else said most track get designed with the idea of closing off a certain section of track to shorten the course.. Pun intended.. The section shut off is typically where the larger jumps, and more technical sections are.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

WOW!! I thought it was just me. "SC is the future of rc" Then the future looks bad. For me anyway. I ran the revo and had to work to get it to land on the wheels. I was at the local BMX track and saw a kyosho strr for the first time. I was hooked. That thing I could jump 15 feet in the air and land on all fours with little t no effort. I started out in off road. For the past 10 years I have always ran some type of truck, buggy or truggy. With the release of the sct's the tracks have gone way down hill. The track actually separated the kits from the RTR's. Now you can make an off road vehicle out of cardboard and be competitive. The sc class sucks they handle like crap and killing the the off road scene for me.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:56 PM
Tech Prophet

the track i go during the weekend, have 2 classes of sportsman truggy and pro truggy and buggies and, the short corse class is the smallest.

na i think truggys and buggys will, be around at tracks for a long time not everybody likes sc trucks. i have a slash and, i know they handle like crap lol.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:47 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by tc5 man
the track i go during the weekend, have 2 classes of sportsman truggy and pro truggy and buggies and, the short corse class is the smallest.

na i think truggys and buggys will, be around at tracks for a long time not everybody likes sc trucks. i have a slash and, i know they handle like crap lol.
lol-smh, finally ppl that speak the truth. idk WTF dudes are talkin bout when they say they love the SC......watchin them race is like nails on the chalkboard for me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.