Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 08:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smitty2802
will i want them for carpet then chris??? in about 2 months i'm ordering my carpet car and hopfully have it done for some kind of a series i was told i might want to run i dunno what that guy was talking about or what series it was...

-DC-
asphalt- LW bulkheads ( for additional flex and grip )

carpet/lipo- kit bulkheads ( so you dont to so much stick on weight stuck on )

carpet/conventional cells- LW bulheads ( because the cars a bit on the tubby side )

Goetz is gonna get me for this!

Last edited by justin lessard; 06-26-2008 at 09:36 AM.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:44 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
ive seen your prototype battery holder but i just dont like the battery hanging of the chassis that much, my Schumacher battery strap works just fine
The one Adam has is a newer proto. The one on Chris' car is the original. Adams is even lighter and will meet the new weight specs for next season with almost no weight over the min. I am waiting for a few sheets of the new materal to arrive from Cass Polymers to do another run of like 100. I will get you one to try and see if you like it. These will be final units. You have seen the way Chris has crashed at times and his is in almost perfect condition and has never adjusted by itself. It not only holds the battery and makes the whole thing adjustable it really protects the battery even more. So just say the word and I will get one of th enew ones to you to try. Everyone that has tried it has been very ositive about it. There have been 2 changes since Adam got his, 1 more positive left to right adjustment and 2 a access to get to the motor mount bolts.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by seaball
i think the lw bulkheads are probably a good tuning aid for asphalt.
will i want them for carpet then chris???
that would be a no, sir.

Originally Posted by justin lessard
asphalt- LW bulkheads ( for additional flex and grip )

carpet/lipo- kit bulkheads ( so you dont to so much stick on weight stuck on )

carpet/conventional cells- LW bulheads ( because the cars a bit on the tubby side )

Goetz is gonna get me for this!
only for the mispelling.

justin's dead on. our car's a tubby bitch. but with lipo, that changes everything. imagine how much lead a tc5 is going to need jammed all over the car with a lipo! our car should still be attractive in this situation because it was so heavy to begin with.

i fought all year to stay at 50oz with ni-mh for foam tires. now, with the gbs bodies being 0.030" and brushless taking over, there's no possible way this is going to happen with the carpet chassis.

so, what i'm saying is, go with lipo, and save the additional spending for traveling to the series, rathing than on exotic ways to lighten the car.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:03 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

You're exotic

Oh and you misspelled mispelling you rascal

only for the mispelling.

justin's dead on. our car's a tubby bitch. but with lipo, that changes everything. imagine how much lead a tc5 is going to need jammed all over the car with a lipo! our car should still be attractive in this situation because it was so heavy to begin with.

i fought all year to stay at 50oz with ni-mh for foam tires. now, with the gbs bodies being 0.030" and brushless taking over, there's no possible way this is going to happen with the carpet chassis.

so, what i'm saying is, go with lipo, and save the additional spending for traveling to the series, rathing than on exotic ways to lighten the car.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21
Oh and you misspelled mispelling you rascal
f***. i'm just going to use asterisks on anything "questionable" from now on.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

f***. i'm just going to use asterisks on anything "questionable" from now on.
That's what the edit button is for. Don't go changing your style Misspell things on purpose and see if anyone catches it.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21
You're exotic

LOL no comment... and what do you mean traveling expenses...lol

-DC-
Old 06-26-2008, 09:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Goetz- You Rascal!

Adam- scallywag!
Old 06-26-2008, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RURC
The one Adam has is a newer proto. The one on Chris' car is the original. Adams is even lighter and will meet the new weight specs for next season with almost no weight over the min. I am waiting for a few sheets of the new materal to arrive from Cass Polymers to do another run of like 100. I will get you one to try and see if you like it. These will be final units. You have seen the way Chris has crashed at times and his is in almost perfect condition and has never adjusted by itself. It not only holds the battery and makes the whole thing adjustable it really protects the battery even more. So just say the word and I will get one of th enew ones to you to try. Everyone that has tried it has been very ositive about it. There have been 2 changes since Adam got his, 1 more positive left to right adjustment and 2 a access to get to the motor mount bolts.
I will look at Adam'scar this weekend and wait for one to try out see you sunday!
Old 06-26-2008, 11:11 AM
Tech Adept

I will look at Adam'scar this weekend and wait for one to try out see you sunday!

Not this Sunday. Last weekends issues left me with too much to do this weekend. But I will be there on the next race. I may have time to swing by Minnreg on Saturday since it is only a few miles from my home. In any event I will see you.

I think that Adam is putting the holder in his oval car, not positive but I think so.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Do you have any pics... i might be interested in this

Thanks,
-DC-
Old 06-26-2008, 11:26 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

What is this oval car you speak of???? Are you giving me one to race cause I wanna go fast again!!!!!

Not this Sunday. Last weekends issues left me with too much to do this weekend. But I will be there on the next race. I may have time to swing by Minnreg on Saturday since it is only a few miles from my home. In any event I will see you.

I think that Adam is putting the holder in his oval car, not positive but I think so.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:30 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I have a pic of mine at home, i'll post it tonight

Do you have any pics... i might be interested in this

Thanks,
-DC-
Old 06-26-2008, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

no problem , Adam oval??
Old 06-26-2008, 12:34 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Yeah dude, news to me, if someone wants to donate an oval car I'll be more than happy to crash it

no problem , Adam oval??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.