Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T4'14

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 02:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by spencehotbodies
Hello

Am in the market for a 14, any body know the best place?

Cheers
Rcmarket $517 incl shipping was a good deal for an Aussie...
Old 12-27-2013, 09:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Skiddins
I assume no.2 is 'No layshaft screws with post
I race on low/ medium carpet , and wanna have a headstart !!
I take it that with all the layshaft screws taken out , but the post fitted its more suited to low/med grip ?

and with all screws taken out ( layshaft and post screws ) its more suited to low grip ? or am i tottaly wrong , i normaly am !!

It may seem a silly question , but ive just built my t4'14 , and have one club meeting on the friday ( maiden voyage and all that !! ) then cwic on the sunday ..

i may look out for you skiddins at cwic ..

cheers
Old 12-27-2013, 04:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by shaun207
I take it that with all the layshaft screws taken out , but the post fitted its more suited to low/med grip ?

and with all screws taken out ( layshaft and post screws ) its more suited to low grip ? or am i tottaly wrong , i normaly am !!

It may seem a silly question , but ive just built my t4'14 , and have one club meeting on the friday ( maiden voyage and all that !! ) then cwic on the sunday ..

cheers
The more flex you have easier the car will be to drive.

I run without the layshaft screws. But you need to shim the top deck up 1mm also. This allows the layshaft mounts to move much more freely.
Old 12-27-2013, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

cheers
My (very limited) testing so far suggests that in low grip conditions, either fit a 1.6mm top deck with all layshaft screws, or 2mm top deck with just the center post.
Once grip starts to come up you can add layshaft screws to stiffen the car, otherwise it will want to turn up it's own backside

Ran a mixture tonight at Newbury, and center post only, was good early on, but in later rounds became inconsistent. Also noticed that with just the centre post the car would have better steering up to a point, then it was like the rear would suddenly lose some of the grip mid corner and try to kick out.

Skiddins
Old 12-27-2013, 07:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Old 12-28-2013, 01:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by haura415

Xray now ? What happened to the BD7 ?
Old 12-28-2013, 02:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Miniripper
The more flex you have easier the car will be to drive.

I run without the layshaft screws. But you need to shim the top deck up 1mm also. This allows the layshaft mounts to move much more freely.
cheers gareth , it is gareth isn't it !??

if it is ill see ya at cwic
Old 12-28-2013, 02:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

My (very limited) testing so far suggests that in low grip conditions, either fit a 1.6mm top deck with all layshaft screws, or 2mm top deck with just the center post.
Once grip starts to come up you can add layshaft screws to stiffen the car, otherwise it will want to turn up it's own backside

Ran a mixture tonight at Newbury, and center post only, was good early on, but in later rounds became inconsistent. Also noticed that with just the centre post the car would have better steering up to a point, then it was like the rear would suddenly lose some of the grip mid corner and try to kick out.

Skiddins
cheers for your help aswell damian are you at cwic on the 12th ?

cheers shaun
Old 12-28-2013, 03:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Losiho
Xray now ? What happened to the BD7 ?
Still got it ....do u want to buy it?😜
Old 12-28-2013, 03:19 AM
Tech Elite

cheers for your help aswell damian are you at cwic on the 12th ?

cheers shaun
Afraid not, I'll be at the Autosports show. I don't think I'm at CWIC now until March
Old 12-28-2013, 03:25 AM
Tech Elite

cheers

Skiddins
His was the final with just the centre post post, no layshaft screws (1st off, blue with yellow and orange);
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

It doesn't look too bad, but with the knowledge I have now I would have had the layshaft screws in instead.
Old 12-28-2013, 06:30 AM
Tech Master

Has anyone tried the layshaft screws in and center post? If so what did u notice
Old 12-28-2013, 08:57 AM
Tech Addict

tbh i have been in various conditions,ie wet tarmac,dry tarmac,med grip carpet and not once have i found taking the screws out helped
so i just leave them be and try something else
i did it with the t4 in wet/damp conditions,but on the 14 ive never suffered from rear end grip ,which is why i believe you would want more flex?
would it also help the front end ?
Old 12-28-2013, 10:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

What's a good fdr to start out with with a 10.5 blinky?
Old 12-28-2013, 11:08 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Madman1
What's a good fdr to start out with with a 10.5 blinky?
ask at the track,why try to guess,which is all anyone on here would be doing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.