Wiki Posts
Search

Wining Driving Style

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Default Winning Driving Style

esham;

This being your FIRST race, concentrate on NOT crashing or hitting the boards. Believe me your lap times will be much quicker without any mistakes, crashes. You could hit 50mph at the end of the straight, but if you crash 6 times in between, another Car going 20mph will lap you.
Stay calm, drive as clean as you can, the speed will come naturally later.

Good luck and have fun.
Old 04-25-2003, 12:07 AM
Tech Elite

Default No crash, no mistake

Thanks Popsracer, I'm practicing this afternoon and the race will be on Sunday. Hope I it will fun..Keep calm.
Old 04-25-2003, 12:12 AM
Tech Regular

everyone has their own racing style but the best you can try is to be consistant and get to know the track well enough the start to speed around the track!

jeremy
Old 04-25-2003, 12:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: No crash, no mistake

Originally posted by esham
Thanks Popsracer, I'm practicing this afternoon and the race will be on Sunday. Hope I it will fun..Keep calm.
Good Luck esham, I am abt. at the stage of going for races too and tell you what i learn alot from this forum.

Old 04-25-2003, 12:57 AM
Tech Elite

CS Lo.. good luck man. This will be interesting after all. Have fun!
Old 04-25-2003, 02:45 AM
Tech Master

I have to agree with RRGT_Kid. Each person will have his individual driving style unless they are given lessons by someone and are capable of adopting that persons style.

Both styles can be used to good effect and both are capable of being fast enough to win depending on the driver.

I prefer flowing and no brakes. I find this method better but on tighter tracks it can be a disadvantage and I used an adapted method to keep the speed up in the corners.

Find the style that suites you and then practise it until perfect.
Old 04-27-2003, 04:16 AM
Tech Elite

Default The racing result

So I just back from my first exp. racing on gas power. As popsracer say concentrate on not crashing - damn true! . So reach the track place, parking lot, tight, warm up my engine trial run 1,2,3 lap fast and furios, good setup and good align I can push max , use break at the end straight line as entering sharp corner and.... and.... lap 4 trial, hit the track border, my car fly bang! a Nissan car park beside the track!

My steering servo rod bend! , my rear floating base stand broken My alignment out! , Front upper arm broken What a stupid mistake! Not in the round yet my car already broken apart

God..I manage to replace all the broken part before the beat! But the align was abit out.

First beat! Go well, straight line punch to full throttle, break and turn, Then a small hit at the corner border my ekzos link pipe came off, to pit replace and run, hit again came off again - 3 time!
So I learn my lesson no. 1 - pls ensure your pipe joint strong firm enough before race.

Suddenly I loose control, my left servo str rod came off! Punch full trottle on straight line with 1 str rod attach ...And than crash! my car turning 7-8 tuning..full damage the alignment. An time off! I'm really learn a lesson- don't use and ball end point without stopper or washer to stop the joint from came off, Everthing have to be secure and strong!

So between break for 2nd beat I lock all the joint with cap screw.

Beat 2, fast and furious, but....but... after 8 laps, the pipe fly off! Try to put it back! Not manage, engine dead, high temp difficult to start. Time off

Not manage to be in group A,B,or C housekeeping go back home... But u know what, I'm happy because I learn alot, and I manage to follow tight with expert guys before my pipe fly on second beat.. satisfy alot great feeling... And next time..I already know what to sure on and which item I should strengthen.. my driving..is rather novice.. I happy. So for those beginners let learn from this. :

Last edited by esham; 04-27-2003 at 06:24 PM.
Old 04-27-2003, 05:39 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: The racing result

[QUOTE]Originally posted by esham

Beat 2, fast and furious, but....but... after 8 laps, the ekzos fly off! Try to put it back! Not manage, engine dead, high temp difficult to start. Time off
[/QUOTE

lol - me too when i 1st raced - good story! but wtf is an 'ekzozs'??
Old 04-27-2003, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

Talking Actually - the correct term - pipe

Sorry the correct term is - pipe. Not Ekzos
Old 04-29-2003, 03:27 AM
Tech Elite

Should I turn when applying break at the end of a straight line or I should break first than make the turn?
Old 04-29-2003, 06:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Should I turn when applying break at the end of a straight line or I should break first than make the turn?
brake first and then turn...
Old 04-29-2003, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Than during turning - sharp corner. Should I punch frequently or make a long punch!
Old 05-01-2003, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Default 180° Cornering technique

180° Degree cornering after a straight speed line required me to brake on the staright line before corner and than make a turn. But how is my punching should be ( rev). I notice if I punch /rev frequently during cornering the car tend to turn/spin abit sharp compaare with long punch on the corner. Which is better? Or effective way ?
Old 05-05-2003, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Anybody?

Which one i preferable ? Slide into corner or break and corner?
Old 05-05-2003, 07:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: 180° Cornering technique

180° Degree cornering after a straight speed line required me to brake on the staright line before corner and than make a turn. But how is my punching should be ( rev). I notice if I punch /rev frequently during cornering the car tend to turn/spin abit sharp compaare with long punch on the corner. Which is better? Or effective way ?
I still prefer brake b4 the sharp corner, release the break b4 entering the corner & turn and accelerate - either rev. frequently or long punch depend on the next situation of the track......

For the spin abit I think you rev. too much during the corner...

Hope that teh above is useful....

any other suggestion from the forum members ? I would like to know too ........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.