Wiki Posts
Search

RC Tech F1 Fans OzTips Tipping Comp

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 03:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
Nice race. Good to see the brawn car so fast but the big surprise was the red bull. Pity Webber got collected at turn one. Looking at vettels pace webber could hav e been right up there with a bit of luck like Lewis and Rubens. Pity the result is not offical for a few weeks.

Lessons learned?
Brawn GP is every bit as fast as they looked preseason
Red bull is fast. Just wait till they have the trick diffuser and kers
Ferrari is still the number one race pace car in the field. Wait untill they get the diffuser!
Lewis is still the luckiest driver and Webber the unluckiest.
Lessons learned?
Brawn GP is every bit as fast as they looked preseason
Yes, their fast even with a broken car.
Red bull is fast. Just wait till they have the trick diffuser and kers. agreed
Ferrari is still the number one race pace car in the field. Wait untill they get the diffuser!cant remember hearing them get fastest lap, they did have some pace with the harder tires, setup is still an issue.
Lewis is still the luckiest driver and Webber the unluckiest.
I wouldnt say lucky for Hamilton, to start at the end and finish 3rd, its why he is a world champion, just pure skill and talent I saw, and on top he had one of the slowest cars on the grid.
For Mark....yes again, very unlucky, wrong place wrong time, and he has the top 5 pace.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I don't think it's just the diffuser making those cars quick. If its declared legal certainly everyone will be running them, but I think the cars that are quick now - looks like brawn, toyota, red bull, williams, ferrari - will still be quick then

Looks like the results will be up on oztips soon & we can see who is the early pace setter in our comp

I think I got 5 points
Old 03-29-2009, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigM
I don't think it's just the diffuser making those cars quick. If its declared legal certainly everyone will be running them, but I think the cars that are quick now - looks like brawn, toyota, red bull, williams, ferrari - will still be quick then

Looks like the results will be up on oztips soon & we can see who is the early pace setter in our comp

I think I got 5 points
I got about 2 .

What a fantastic race. It is so refreshing to see different cars up the pointy end and talk about brain fade between Vetel & Kubica .
Old 03-29-2009, 04:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You think Ferrari don't have race pace? Explain why they drove right up the cars in front of them straight after the 1st pit stop. One of the best things you can do is watch the live timming during the race. The ferrari's went straight into 29 sec laps after their pit stop and caught the cars in front with much more fuel on board. This was a trait of ferrari last year too.

If you think the diffuser is not helping the explain qualifying. Why is it all the fastest cars on the track have it? Why do they all look planted instead of sliding around like everyone else? Why can they do longer runs on soft tyres? The answer is very very clear.

Time to see if results are up.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Didn't Kubica do the fastest lap during the race without KERS?
Old 03-29-2009, 05:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Looks like Rosberg was fastest...

Correct order after Penalties:

1. Button Brawn GP
2. Barrichello Brawn GP
3. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes
4. Glock Toyota
5. Alonso Renault
6. Rosberg Williams-Toyota
7. Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari
8. Bourdais Toro Rosso-Ferrari
9. Sutil Force India-Mercedes
10. Heidfeld BMW Sauber
11. Fisichella Force India-Mercedes
12. Trulli Toyota
13. Webber Red Bull-Renault
14. Vettel Red Bull-Renault
15. Kubica BMW Sauber
16. Raikkonen Ferrari

[edit: Webber is even unlucky enough not to benefit from Trulli's penalty.. sigh]
Old 03-29-2009, 06:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I managed 5 but would of had 6 had Trulli not been penalised
Old 03-29-2009, 06:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

How about KERS...

Check out how far up the Ferrari's went from the start. Kimi left Mark way behind...

Now I have a question about KERS...

It is by definition an Kinetic Energy Recovery Systems, storing braking energy for later use.

Then why are the cars allowed to use it even before the first braking zone? Why can the battery based systems be used from the start??? Would they be allowed to spin up a flywheel based system before the start? (I guess the warm up lap would get it up and spinning)...

It was interesting to see that Kimi used up his 6.6sec by half a lap. He was on it all the time. Look to see the engineers refining where it is best to use it. Maybe they may be able to override the drivers through mapping where it would not provide a boost.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:28 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by r0adrunn3r
How about KERS...

Check out how far up the Ferrari's went from the start. Kimi left Mark way behind...

It is by definition an Kinetic Energy Recovery Systems, storing braking energy for later use.

Then why are the cars allowed to use it even before the first braking zone? Why can the battery based systems be used from the start??? Would they be allowed to spin up a flywheel based system before the start? (I guess the warm up lap would get it up and spinning)...

It was interesting to see that Kimi used up his 6.6sec by half a lap. He was on it all the time. Look to see the engineers refining where it is best to use it. Maybe they may be able to override the drivers through mapping where it would not provide a boost.
Wait till next race. There is a big run to the 1st corner!
Old 03-29-2009, 06:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andrew Barr
It is so refreshing to see different cars up the pointy
I couldnt agree more, I started watching F1 religiously in the Hill days & it's so great to see Williams back up there!

Originally Posted by r0adrunn3r
How about KERS...

Good question! they must get enough charged in it on the first lap, I remember when watching the qualifying kimi's engineer came on and said his KERS was fully charged mid way through his out lap, so it mustn't take much to charge it.

Thats definitely one reason to have a battery KERS rather than a flywheel one, cos I'd imagine the flywheel would lose a lot of its momentum waiting for the pack to grid up

anyway, bring on Malaysia, and well done Cristian - 8 points and the early lead
Old 03-29-2009, 07:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

woooohooo, go Hamilton. ahhh dont you just love F1 season
Old 03-29-2009, 07:18 PM
Tech Champion

If you consider the amazing brake power of an F1 I wouldn't be surprised if the kers was charged in a single corner. I would hate to have the flywheel kers as it would effect the handling of the chassis (gyroscopic effect)
Old 03-29-2009, 08:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

An interesting email I just received...

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, 29 March 2009 11:38 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Mark Webber News Update - REDBULL SIGNS NEW REAR WING SPONSOR

REDBULL SIGNS NEW REAR WING SPONSOR

29 March 2009 - 10:23pm

Redbull signs sister company HIT ME SHOTS (www.hitmeshots.com) for new rear wing livery. Mark's rear wing will now carry HIT ME on the rear of his No.14 RB5...

Read the full media release > http://www.markwebber.com/news/detai...?objectID=2180

Notice: This message was sent because you are registered on the Mark Webber website and have indicated that you would like to receive this information. If this is not the case, please visit the website at http://www.markwebber.com/news/subscribe to update your preferences.

If you would like to unsubscribe from this subscription, please go to the following location http://www.markwebber.com/news/subscribe/update.cfm.

For more information on Mark Webber visit the web site at http://www.markwebber.com
Old 03-29-2009, 09:44 PM
Tech Champion

LOL! They should have put that message in the middle of his right side pod for yesterday!
Old 03-29-2009, 10:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by badmotor

Looks like Rosberg was fastest...

Correct order after Penalties:

1. Button Brawn GP
2. Barrichello Brawn GP
3. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes
4. Glock Toyota
5. Alonso Renault
6. Rosberg Williams-Toyota
7. Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari
8. Bourdais Toro Rosso-Ferrari
9. Sutil Force India-Mercedes
10. Heidfeld BMW Sauber
11. Fisichella Force India-Mercedes
12. Trulli Toyota
13. Webber Red Bull-Renault
14. Vettel Red Bull-Renault
15. Kubica BMW Sauber
16. Raikkonen Ferrari

[edit: Webber is even unlucky enough not to benefit from Trulli's penalty.. sigh]
Yes your right it was Rosberg, and Kubica second fastest lap. But still not bad for second fastest with out KERS.

1 Nico Rosberg Williams-Toyota 27.706
2 Robert Kubica BMW 1:27.988

BMW fan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.