Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 06:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pygmy
I also had this problem on the front diff when upgrading to the TLR332001's caused my car to overheat.
I've heard this from a lot of people by now, is this related to the new diff's or diff housings ?
The only difference I see is the thicknes of the gasket. In my case if the gasket was a bit thinner like the old one it would not have been an issue.
I'm not saying the new gasket is a problem at all I like that it is thicker it just means that you may need to look at the clearence problem a little closer
Old 03-12-2013, 07:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

For all yall waiting...

Fast Serve dealer site now shows the normal replacement parts with a 3/21 ETA. There parts were not listed before, such as the normal battery strap.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

So trying to make use of my time waiting for the 2.0 parts. I built my front and center diffs last night. I mentioned before that I pre-threaded the casing with a stock screw. I used hardened washers from GMK and noticed that it's really important to make sure the o-ring is seated correctly. The spider gears should not be near the top of the casing and the pins should be the same height. Once I filled the fluid (Adam Drakes' video on youtube is a good resource for that), I sealed it up and they are butter smooth. I'm really happy how they've turned out.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:46 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -WHEELMAN-
Also has some noteable disadvantages. Tekno may have kits available but have a stub axle issue that you can not get if yours breaks (saw 2 on Saturday at TNS). This thread should not be used to determine which 4x SC is the best I am simply proving every manufacture has their issues.

Hang in there bud they will be here soon. Ryan addressed this issue and is very upset about it himself. Some things are not in his or our control. It is worth the wait I can tell you that. Evolution Sports in Redlands has a kit in the shelf. If you are interested tell Louis I sent you he will take care of you!
lol, all this darkside stuff. I am glad to see that the 4x4 sc platforms are developing nice and moving forward. It is a good class and can be very fun. But the trucks in the past were meh. Hopefully this new scte is better quality then the last version.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
Hopefully this new scte is better quality then the last version.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar
Ya I know its not Ryan's doing but he is the cloeset Target LOL
Just expressing my frustration somewhere, the GF is sick of hearing it LOL
Just a big Kid wanting To play in the sand box with the New Toy LOL Have all the option parts and new arms and bearings,screws,drive line, etc. ...alright done crying ...Just gotta wait it out....
I must of missed something about delayed delivery date to the non-priveledged hobby stores and tracks. Boat went to Panama instead? What benefits of waiting?
Old 03-12-2013, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
Hopefully this new scte is better quality then the last version.

Yes , one can only hope .......
Old 03-12-2013, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bladeys
I must of missed something about delayed delivery date to the non-priveledged hobby stores and tracks. Boat went to Panama instead? What benefits of waiting?
I think Horizon is missing also. As one of the non-priveledged Hobby Shops we have been totally mis led. Latest info was maybe Next week for shipping of Kits. Key word being Maybe.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:21 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gawith0413
Well the towers bent easy, but the new truck had carbon, so better. But I was mainly refering to the outdrives and CVD's. I know many people upgraded to the tekno parts for higher durability and lower wear. I know that the rest of the truck was pretty durable as it is basically and 8th scale, lol. I have also seen a few blown diffs, even in the sponsored guys trucks. But I think the diffs were revamped in the 2.0.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Whosold
I think Horizon is missing also. As one of the non-priveledged Hobby Shops we have been totally mis led. Latest info was maybe Next week for shipping of Kits. Key word being Maybe.
Frustrating isnt it
Old 03-12-2013, 09:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I got mine last week and I can see nice improvements over the 1.0 but yet again, I have only driven it for about 2 packs
Old 03-12-2013, 09:56 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

For anyone who's "...gotta have it now" in socal, Tony's Hobbies had some in stock when I was there this weekend.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dos Andos
Can you just use the associated 12mm 2 hole pistons on the SCTE 2.0 as you do in the 22 and 22sct if you want to run the Ryan/Casper setup?
Cheers
From what I can finde the 22 #55 pistons are a 1.3mm hole and the AE 2 hole pistons are a 1.5mm, 1.6mm and 1.7mm. Like someone else said you would have less pack.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -WHEELMAN-
Good man! I probably will not be able to get to the track until weekend after next with how busy I am at work.... if that makes you feel better. Dont know whats worse having the truck and not being able to drive it or not having it.

My wife was like "just drive it in the street if you want to drive it so bad". I go " um, no, you dont understand. This is a race machine". And thats when she realized im a total... total rc nerd.

Anyways hahaha. The build went good just waiting on a 275mm sensor wire and paint.

(Dont forget your 275mm sensor wires everyone) I recommend TQ Wire!!!!
Atleast a 275...i had to resolder my esc cuz i wasnt gonna spend another $10 on a longer one, if i have the 300mm or so i could have turned the diff but since i didnt want to drop down more $ i just made my power wires longer so they are towards the front of the truck now with the motor wires and sensor port facing backwards and allowing the sensor wire to reach(even with a 540 motor)

Speaking of that....anyone with a Hobbywing 3556sd motor with the heat sink grooves will HAVE TO grind down more of side guards where the motor is. Got my motor in the mail yesterday and had to take some off the side guard just to install motor and depending on pinion size you could actually take more out becuz if i slide the motor out farther the heat sinks on this motor stick out and hit on the guards so i might take the motor size off again and take some more out just for future gearing options pending how much heat this new 4000kv motor puts out on 14 or 15t pinion(all i have other than 13t and not planning to use that)

Originally Posted by Pygmy
I also had this problem on the front diff when upgrading to the TLR332001's caused my car to overheat.
I've heard this from a lot of people by now, is this related to the new diff's or diff housings ?
I blame the new housings...when i noticed mine making noises i noticed the case was bowed up in the center by the ring gear and caused my noise but a few runs and im sure it will be gone...

Originally Posted by bladeys
Seeing the problems everyone else is having and what their opinions are so you can see what you can do or may want to do to yours and order the parts so you can have stuff like the 275mm sensor wire that some are bitching about becuz it didnt state in the manual or on the first post that there was recommended size depending on motor size
Old 03-12-2013, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I must have had about 8 sensor wires in my box that would have worked on my truck. I don't understand why all the issues.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.